I watch anime. I have to download new episodes from nyaa torrent. Each episode is in MKV with subtitles. Subtitles are not hard coded. Therefore the stock BlackBerry player can't play them. Now I downloaded KalemSoft Media Ayer and it's great, but it doesn't look to be running like it should on the z30 and it doesn't appear they are updating it or supporting it at all.

I had asked them a few months back about native and cascades and they say yes but still nothing. Now a such as I love that app, I need to find a new one capable of MKV, subtitles and multiple audio support. It would also be nice if I can play from usb on the go.
    10-27-13 03:25 PM
    I watch anime. I have to download new episodes from nyaa torrent. Each episode is in MKV with subtitles. Subtitles are not hard coded. Therefore the stock BlackBerry player can't play them. Now I downloaded KalemSoft Media Ayer and it's great, but it doesn't look to be running like it should on the z30 and it doesn't appear they are updating it or supporting it at all.

I had asked them a few months back about native and cascades and they say yes but still nothing. Now a such as I love that app, I need to find a new one capable of MKV, subtitles and multiple audio support. It would also be nice if I can play from usb on the go.
    Are you saying that Kalemsoft does work but not very well and not well on the Z30?

I got it for the Playbook and it works nicely but I think they may have given up any further development for the PB. I have not dropped the $$ for the Z10 version.
    10-27-13 03:46 PM
    Another thread mentioned no issues with MKV playback short of having to transcode DTS/AC3 to AAC/MP3 first. I'll remux a few vids in different ways and verify...
    10-27-13 04:09 PM

@BriniaSona: Indeed, as you mentioned the stock Videos app supports MKV, but not subtitles. AutoPlay Media Player (we're the devs) supports MKV and has SRT subtitle support (ie. you download the SRT file, name it with the same name as the mkv but with the .srt extension and put it in the same dir). This may or may not be what you are looking for, but it's an option to consider :-)

Bumblebee Computing.
    Cranky likes this.
    10-27-13 04:32 PM
    DTS is a definite no, AAC is a definite yes. One workaround for subtitle support would be to burn the sub file into the video with a tool such as ffmpeg (-vf switch).

Code:
    $ mkvmerge -i /mnt/Movies/Chinese/Flash.Point.2007.720p.mkv
    File '/mnt/Movies/Chinese/Flash.Point.2007.720p.mkv': container: Matroska
    Track ID 0: video (V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC)
    Track ID 1: audio (A_DTS)
    Attachment 214879

Code:
    $ mkvmerge -i /mnt/Movies/English/Man.of.Steel.2013.mkv
    File '/mnt/Movies/English/Man.of.Steel.2013.mkv': container: Matroska
    Track ID 0: video (V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC)
    Track ID 1: audio (A_AAC)
    Attachment 214881
    10-27-13 04:46 PM
    I want it to be as easy as windows and KalemSoft. Download, open app watch. No seperate files, no converting, no putting subtitles in one spot and video in the other. That's why I chose KalemSoft in the first place.

As for downloading srt files. All the anime I download comes with the srt files built into the video. Or something, it's all one files.
    10-27-13 05:42 PM
    How to download KalemSoft Media Player for free
    08-04-14 12:23 PM
    How to download KalemSoft Media Player for free
    You pay for it and then can download it for free over and over.

Seriously, some software does cost money. You might find something free it you look around the googleplay store or Amazon app store and use something from Android. But I do not have any specific recommendations.
    08-04-14 12:58 PM
    Pay for it. Support the dev. He said a native version was coming but I don't know when.
    08-04-14 02:00 PM
    Why don't you give Nutty Player a try it runs great on my Z10 and supports MKV files with SRT Subtitles.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/38892933

P.S. It's native and for free
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    08-05-14 05:31 AM
    Pay for it. Support the dev. He said a native version was coming but I don't know when.
    FYI, we released the native Cascades version of KalemSoft Media Player if you haven't noticed already.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    09-11-14 05:54 PM
    FYI, we released the native Cascades version of KalemSoft Media Player if you haven't noticed already.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Looks awesome. Nice, thanks for the support.
    kalemsoft likes this.
    09-11-14 07:04 PM