Seriously does he care about bb10 and the users at all or is he just in it for money 100%?

For example I would really like messenger for facebook to be headless among other things

Why should anyone buy these apps when little support is provided ?

Posted via CB10
    sushistew and igor10000 like this.
    05-14-15 01:05 AM
    My Messenger hasn't been working for a week at least. Dropped an email to the support line...nothing.

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    05-14-15 01:09 AM
    Seriously does he care about bb10 and the users at all or is he just in it for money 100%?

For example I would really like messenger for facebook to be headless among other things

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 02:36 AM
    Wow. Very harsh. I had a support question re Dater/Tinder, and I received a reply within the hour.

Shouldn't we be championing this developer of native BB10 apps, as opposed to bashing him?

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire and dusdal like this.
    05-14-15 03:42 AM
    BlackBerry could be said to have a smaller market share in most areas.

But when it comes to users whining about lack of room-service development for their few quid, they really punch above their weight.
    05-14-15 07:08 AM
    If you're following me on Instagram you probably saw a post from me that I am working on updates for Messenger, Inst10, Where's My Phone (Done), Twittly (Done and there's another one coming), Dater (Coming)
    05-14-15 07:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well there ya go, there is a hole to be filled, get to it. Learn to code and make your app, best thing is competition.
    dusdal likes this.
    05-14-15 07:58 AM
    Thanks for the reply. As noted messenger is literally not working at all now, and really should be headless as well.

I apologize for the tone as I was in quite an irritated state when I wrote this, but I think my point is valid, and you should focus more on improving the apps you have out. Having bought quite a few apps including yours I ve noticed you seem to start working on the next one immediately and leave the apps unperfected, with few updates

There are not a huge number of native devs, yet there are still quite a few who update and improve quite regularly, offering better value

So I hope you will take that into consideration

Posted via CB10
    Detective M Downs likes this.
    05-14-15 08:54 AM
    Thanks for the reply. As noted messenger is literally not working at all now, and really should be headless as well.

I apologize for the tone as I was in quite an irritated state when I wrote this, but I think my point is valid, and you should focus more on improving the apps you have out. Having bought quite a few apps including yours I ve noticed you seem to start working on the next one immediately and leave the apps unperfected, with few updates

There are not a huge number of native devs, yet there are still quite a few who update and improve quite regularly, offering better value

So I hope you will take that into consideration

Posted via CB10
    I am updating my apps as soon as I can. Main goal for messenger now is to make it work again for new comers. but it still works for current users who haven't logout. But there's a fix. There's also an Inst10 UPdate in beta zone just in a few minutes. Thanks
    workerb likes this.
    05-14-15 09:27 AM
    Nice one for the inst10 update.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:32 AM
    I'll be frank here, topics like these on Public forums will NOT help.. how many people would have read this and decided not to try one of NemOry's various products?
    You'd be surprised, really if there's an App problem, email the developer privately, you don't want to risk drive developers away, I've seen it on other Platforms and Forums.

BTW, Facebook depreciated one of their old API's of late, so it could well cause problems.

Messenger could may well have been based on the old XMPP Chat API
    05-14-15 10:42 AM
    Glad I opened this thread. I switched phones and can't get Android version of Messenger or Nemory's Messenger to work. Glad to see an update is coming.
    I did email Nemory but no reply. Guess I need to follow on Instagram. Or maybe Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 02:08 PM
    I'll be frank here, topics like these on Public forums will NOT help.. how many people would have read this and decided not to try one of NemOry's various products?
    I see your point, but in this case the dev actually replied, so it seems this thread has been effective

Whereas I've emailed before and don't get a response (to be fair, I sometimes have, but not consistently)

I'm glad messenger is getting an update and will be working soon but lemme just say again, make it headless!! the people need it, and have been asking for it for a while

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:31 AM
    The beta zone update works for me and has run in background permission. Haven't gotten a chance to see yet if it works reliably in the background but this seems like a good step forward

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 02:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nobody do stuff just for passion. Like how you work for money. Passion doesn't fill our stomach. You buy apps for what it do now and it's function , not how it should work in future and buying the apps now and expecting certain features to be implemented in next update.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    nah.uhh likes this.
    05-17-15 03:14 AM
    Nobody do stuff just for passion. Like how you work for money. Passion doesn't fill our stomach. You buy apps for what it do now and it's function , not how it should work in future and buying the apps now and expecting certain features to be implemented in next update.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    I fully agree, but the problem is when the app we bought ("for what it do now" stops doing it and dev doesn't care. It would be fair to say it seems that I cannot draw more money from it, so no more support, I am moving away (whatever the reason: empty stomach, greed...)
    05-17-15 04:49 AM
    Well there ya go, there is a hole to be filled, get to it. Learn to code and make your app, best thing is competition.
    Nem, any way you can port android Facebook Messenger, make it properly headless and make it native? Sort of like Insta10. It would be amazing, especially if it didn't suck so much battery.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    05-17-15 10:42 AM
    Guys he said he's working on it. Let him do his job.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-17-15 12:04 PM
    Snap10???

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 06:52 AM
    Snap10???

Posted via CB10
    Snap10

The pictures on the passport don't fill up the screen when uploading from gallery also no videos

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 07:36 AM
    Can someone please tell me why anyone on bb10 would need fb messenger I mean when someone writes you on fb it comes right thru the hub and u can reply or whatever so why would you need Facebook messenger for BlackBerry???

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    05-18-15 08:15 AM
    Can someone please tell me why anyone on bb10 would need fb messenger I mean when someone writes you on fb it comes right thru the hub and u can reply or whatever so why would you need Facebook messenger for BlackBerry???

Fb messenger has voice calls, for one

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    05-18-15 08:28 AM

For instance, I only want my messages to be in the Hub, not every single notifications.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 08:56 AM
    Fb messenger has voice calls, for one

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    BBM has that as well as video calls....

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 03:29 PM
    BBM has that as well as video calls....

Posted via CB10
    He's probably just comparing Nemory's Messenger with the Hub...he didn't even remotely mention BBM.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-18-15 04:12 PM
36 12