hey everbody!

ive had the Q10 for about 2 months now, and i think its time to go back to my iphone.

maybe it was stupid of me to get the Q10 but i really like the keyboard! but there are no apps?

facebook app is a joke, no instagram, and no swedish apps for TV or anything.

does any swede know if its coming?
    or does anyone in sweden wanna buy my Q10? gonna miss the keyboard but its not ok that i have to have 2 phones, one to type and one for all the apps?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 03:40 PM
    I know where this is going
    07-01-13 03:44 PM
    Congratulations
    07-01-13 03:58 PM
    I tried to use my Z10 on a trip to Stockholm -- maps app didn't have a Stockholm map!?! Yeah, seems like Sweden isn't on BBRY's map...literally.
    07-01-13 03:59 PM
    i know, nothing works with BlackBerry here, and since i like the socialmedia apps it doesnt seem to be a good fit, this is to bad because i really love the keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:07 PM
    hey everbody!

ive had the Q10 for about 2 months now, and i think its time to go back to my iphone.

maybe it was stupid of me to get the Q10 but i really like the keyboard! but there are no apps?

or does anyone in sweden wanna buy my Q10? gonna miss the keyboard but its not ok that i have to have 2 phones, one to type and one for all the apps?
    But you knew (or should have known) all of that before you purchased the phone.
    07-01-13 04:19 PM
    im new to BlackBerry but maybe i was naive but in my mind i took some of this for granted, its a good phone i guess, but maybe not for me.. missing to many apps and from what i could find out threw google there are no apps on the way..

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:24 PM
    There are a lot of threads that pop up about people that buy BB10 that appear shocked that the ecosystem is not like iOS. It should not be that surprising. Most of it is not BBRY fault. Only Skype can make a good Skype... Only Instagram can make a instagram... And etc.

Developing an app ecosystem is really really hard. Not even the clout of Microsoft can do it for Windows Phone.

Maybe the best strategy for BBRY was to just make an Android phone...
    MizzCrack likes this.
    07-01-13 04:29 PM
    But you knew (or should have known) all of that before you purchased the phone.
    I'm not sure how fair that is. It's not like he lives in some remote part of the world. Sweden is an affluent country in Europe. No map of Stockholm, Sweden's capital city and one of Scandinavia's most important? That's BBRY's oversight. Pretty bush league.
    MizzCrack likes this.
    07-01-13 05:18 PM
    I'm not sure how fair that is. It's not like he lives in some remote part of the world. Sweden is an affluent country in Europe. No map of Stockholm, Sweden's capital city and one of Scandinavia's most important? That's BBRY's oversight. Pretty bush league.
    The crazy thing is on OS7 with BBMAPS swe/den/nor/fin/cz/sk/pol/hun, ect were all supported. With BB 10 none of these countries are. I live in Prague and am going back in a few weeks and ill have a paperweight Q10 and will be back on my 9900 because of this. This is unimaginiable that these countries are not supported. Even on the BB website it says their map app supports these countries.
    BlackBerry World - BlackBerry Maps
    LEss than half of the countries they list are actually supported. ******* liars.
    MizzCrack likes this.
    07-02-13 12:51 AM
    I had 9900 Bold up until two years ago, I dident missed anything back then. I really want to buy the Q10 but after two years with iOS and Android I'm afraid that I've developed a certain need for at least some of the apps. I wouldn't handle a day in my new town (Stockholm) without good maps and also I realized that I'm using FB messenger alot which I also think I would miss.

I was really close to order a Q10 until I read this thread, now I'm really confused here. Q10 is perfect both size, keyboard and also I like the OS but now I don't know.

Best regards - A confused swede
    MizzCrack likes this.
    07-02-13 04:27 AM
    Are there no 3rd party apps available?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:32 AM
    Tired of hearing this crap about apps. LOL, it's a "phone" make phone calls. I understand about fb etc not pleasing you, but when someone brings up TV, give me a F'ING break. If you have time to watch TV on phone, that's a damn shame. READ a BOOK.
    balenax likes this.
    07-02-13 04:52 AM
    Are there no 3rd party apps available?

Posted via CB10
    That's what I wonder to, I don't really know and I can't even play with the phone in any store. Salesman in Sweden don't have a clue about the new BBs and I've already educated some that you don't need BIS in the new phones.

I have no problem with 3rd party applications but I don't know if there are any and how they work. The only thing I want is to play with a Q10 for a hour or two so I can decide for myself.
    07-02-13 04:54 AM
    abel, det r en fantastisk telefon! men finns inga apps som r fr oss svenskar, s som handelsbanken, SEB, TV.nu, instagram fungerar dligt d det r en sideloaded app samma sak med fb messenger, ven om den faktiskt r helt ok.

lskar tangentbordet men knner saknad av fr mnga apps fr att inte g tillbaka till iphone.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:26 AM
    That's what I wonder to, I don't really know and I can't even play with the phone in any store. Salesman in Sweden don't have a clue about the new BBs and I've already educated some that you don't need BIS in the new phones.

I have no problem with 3rd party applications but I don't know if there are any and how they work. The only thing I want is to play with a Q10 for a hour or two so I can decide for myself.
    You can try Mireo maps. It's free for a week and, best of all, the maps are offline. So its a real good investment for somebody who uses maps a lot. You can also sideload latest Google Maps android app, its great, I use it very often and works very good.
    I am also pissed about lacking maps, im from Romania and we have no maps coverage here also... but it's not a real deal breaker for me. it's a pitty though, its a deal breaker for a lot of people I know, phones are expensive here and paying extra for a map app that all the other phones have for free is not that good for BlackBerry sales in the area.

Sent from the Dark Side
    07-02-13 06:51 AM
    Hey guys,

I was really skeptical as well when I switched from iPhone 4s to the Z10 - especially when it came to the apps part. To be honest most of the apps that I need are there - either native or sideloaded - WhatsApp, Instagram, WiMP, Spotify, Twitter, LinkedIn, TV.nu, Skype, Google Maps, Netflix just to mention a few, and they work really good.
    What I miss is most is Blocket, Handelsbanken, SL - but as they all have good mobile site version - just create a shortcut on your home screen and there you go.

I'm really happy with my Z10 and love it more and more for each day.
    Cheers from sunny Sthlm
    07-02-13 11:16 AM
    ive sideloaded instagram on the Q10 and its far from good, do u have a good webpage with the latest and best bar files do sideload?
    sl.se and tv.nu and SEB in my world together with maps is a minimum,

but i looove this keyboard and really dont want to go back to iphone but if i cant get the apps to work as the should then maybe i dont have a chooice

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:47 PM
    I've always loved blackberry. A few years back I switched to iphone. I love everything Apple. I have a mac book & an iPad and they work flawlessly together. Last month I got the Blackberry z10. I am head over heels in love with it. I realize that there aren't the apps my iphone has but the Web browser is so much more complete that making a home screen bookmark is as good as any apps. I am a social media guru and use it everyday (I'm a blogger) I've side loaded instagram. The other apps BlackBerry has. The side loaded isn't flawless but it's very workable. I actually LOVE the Fb app. Since Fb made all its changes, when I browse through the iphone app, most of the "Most Recent" stories are days old! BlackBerry has them in chronological order. If you would have asked me a month ago of I would have dropped my iphone I would have said h*** no! Now.. my iphone is a paper weight. I don't see that changing. To be honest, I'm an apple lover at heart, but the iphone 5 cannot compete with the speed of this BlackBerry as well as the camera video options and so much more. I am also watching ios 7 but I don't think that is going to make a bit of difference.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:04 PM
    hey everbody!

Posted via CB10
    All platform has their pros and cons. And APPS sir, is blackberry 's cons.

We only get by - by sideloading apps. Problem for the q10 is, not all of them are compatible for that screen size. Unlike the z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:23 PM
    I recommend you check the forum for the latest updates on apps.
    here are two good threads:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...thread-766811/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-bb10-766594/

also check:
    BlackBerry 10 Bars
    and
    Android APP Store – Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps

Hope you find something
    07-02-13 02:28 PM
    Everyone from everywhere is welcome to CrackBerry, but we should be keeping posts in the Forums to English as that is site's primary language.

Remember you can always send someone a PM in your native tongue, if you so wished.

Thanks for understanding, everyone!
    07-02-13 06:40 PM
    people are really complaining about the facebook app and no fb messenger? the fb app for blackberry is far better than android or iPhone especially since it all syncs with the hub. also no need for fb messenger since your messages show up in the hub. I hated having to have fb messenger on my android cause the fb app sucked so bad that you needed it.

all I read lately on this board is people complaining and nitpicking this phone but the grass isn't really greener. all the little asinine things people complain about this phone and OS are nothing compared to the issues I experienced with android and IOS

Posted via CB10
    mk2234 likes this.
    07-02-13 08:57 PM
    people are really complaining about the facebook app and no fb messenger? the fb app for blackberry is far better than android or iPhone especially since it all syncs with the hub. also no need for fb messenger since your messages show up in the hub. I hated having to have fb messenger on my android cause the fb app sucked so bad that you needed it.

all I read lately on this board is people complaining and nitpicking this phone but the grass isn't really greener. all the little asinine things people complain about this phone and OS are nothing compared to the issues I experienced with android and IOS

Posted via CB10
    Finaly a answear I wanted to hear, if FB is baked in to the hub and it works well I don't see any problem with the lack of FB messenger.

The problem for at least me and I think I also speaks for many other swedes is that we can't get any information about workability or even the chance to play with it. But after reading the tread I think I'm going to order the phone today even if there has been some negative posts.
    07-03-13 03:12 AM
    Finaly a answear I wanted to hear, if FB is baked in to the hub and it works well I don't see any problem with the lack of FB messenger.

The problem for at least me and I think I also speaks for many other swedes is that we can't get any information about workability or even the chance to play with it. But after reading the tread I think I'm going to order the phone today even if there has been some negative posts.
    Its not negative posts. What were saying are facts.

Make no mistake, im ok with the baked in fb messages in the hub... however, there are functions in the messenger app that wont work with us. Like seeing who's online, sendin pics, sending your location and beeing able to the "seen" status.

If the chat is fine with you then thats great. But i, for one dont want people to be misguided that our fb app (and messaging) has full functionality like other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:38 AM
28 12