The short version; if you want to read and edit markdown on your BB, you can do this with any text editor that will open a .html / .htm file for editing, and any browser that can read from the local file system.

1) Follow this link and download the contents somewhere on your own Dropbox account or anywhere on local storage that you can routinely find it later. It�s about 1.5Mb, nothing more than plain .html / .js / .css

2) The file testfile.html is a test file. Open it with your browser and you should see formatted HTML

3) If you open testfile.html with a text editor, everything between the first line beginning <!DOCTYPE�> and the last line beginning </xmp> is straightforward markdown. Edit save / rename as you see fit and each file transforms it�s markdown when it�s opened.

4) You can change the style of the document by editing the value of the theme=�cyborg� attribute in the top line; the themes subdirectory gives you the name of the theme to include - just the first part of each of the .css filenames.

5) Create as many docs as you like in that directory to reuse the themes and JS. If you don�t care about alternative themes, zap everything apart from the bootstrap*.css files in that directory, and the footprint becomes very small shrinking from around 1.4Mb to around a tenth of the size

Personally I find that Reader mode in the browser does a great job of rendering these files for my purposes, so the extra themes are redundant. I edit the templates on my Mac directly on Dropbox, they synch to BB, and they�re ready to go without additional software

The code is from Strapdown.js - Instant and elegant Markdown documents with vanishingly trivial changes to the .html file.

There are a few things I haven�t tested - other arrangements of the files will be possible, linking to images, linking to other local docs. etc. but my main use case is just to have very portable text easily accessed.
    07-07-15 03:36 PM
    Thanks for the option. It's not a widespread need, but certainly use,ful for some.
    07-08-15 12:10 PM