Mail Call - BlackBerry World

Price: 99 cents

With Mail Call app you will get a email notifying you that you are receiving an incoming call from your phone. Perhaps you have to step away from your phone to go on your tablet or computer. Be informed that you are receiving a call. Once the call comes, the app will send an email to the email address you specify in the app. Just input the email address to which you want the message to go. The app doesn't need to be open. It works in the background ready and waiting to inform you. Don't miss a call during your busy life with Mail Call. Our product is carefully crafted so as not to use unnecessary resources. When you disable the app, the service is closed in the background. Just enable it to have it start again. If enabled the background headless service will begin at start up and be waiting to inform you of a call.

Mail Call - Headless - Send an email when you receive a call-getproductimage-2.png

Mail Call - Headless - Send an email when you receive a call-getproductimage.png

Mail Call - Headless - Send an email when you receive a call-getproductimage-1.png

Mail Call - BlackBerry World
    01-20-14 04:40 AM
    Sounds pretty original.

Congrats & good luck with your app!
    01-20-14 06:38 AM
    Good luck with your new app.
    01-20-14 08:43 AM
    I don't know if I will ever find a use for this since my phone never leaves my side, and my phone is my email.

That said, I think it'll be more useful if the email message includes the caller info.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 06:32 PM
    I don't know if I will ever find a use for this since my phone never leaves my side, and my phone is my email.

That said, I think it'll be more useful if the email message includes the caller info.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    I hear ya. We developers are waiting for the caller ID api to become available.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 06:43 PM
    Personally, I would jump all over this if it just added the entry to calendar. Does not even need to send an email. Any intention of doing something like that in the future? Call start, from #, end time, and if possible the name if in the address book? I used to have an android app that did it but it requires gmail account, not an issue with android though.

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of concern to you.
    01-20-14 07:32 PM
    Personally, I would jump all over this if it just added the entry to calendar. Does not even need to send an email. Any intention of doing something like that in the future? Call start, from #, end time, and if possible the name if in the address book? I used to have an android app that did it but it requires gmail account, not an issue with android though.

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of concern to you.
    That's a good idea. I bet something like that will pop up soon. Like I said though we don't have access to the incoming call number/caller as of right now so it would only be call times/duration. Not sure about outgoing number access either. I'll look into it and if I make the app I'll make an announcement. I bet with so many developers in the forums they'll be some call calendar headless apps up in no time.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 07:50 PM
    So this is to email another device to alert you that your phone is ringing? So there is like a 30 second window before the caller hangs up or goes to voicemail? And this will only be as good as push email service to the other device?

I think I'm missing the use case.
    01-20-14 08:33 PM