But..

I've lived with sideloaded apps since launch and let's just say this is getting ridiculous now. I'm sick of these developers not making their apps for blackberry. I can not use any words to describe my anger. I hate using these slow, half *** snapchat, instagram, and "whine" for examples like come on.. kijiji runs awful. BB10 runs great and so do the native apps, but as soon as i use a sideloaded app such as instagram, it really does take away from the experience because of how slow they are. BlackBerry, please do everything you can to grow your app store to be on par with Apple and Google Play, please. it'll bring you more customers to

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    03-18-14 03:28 AM
    Of course we would all love to see more native apps. But as far as the others not being useable....? Instagram is something that won't install or work on my phone. iGrann is fast, smooth and built for BB. I use it everyday. The native alternatives are good. Better than the original, as far as I am concerned. I do not use the other things you mentioned however, so as you say, we need more native apps.

I do not find the Andrid sideloads slow however.
    03-18-14 06:46 AM
    BlackBerry has tried to get more apps in their store. They sent out free phones to the developers, made BlackBerry 10 compatible with a lot of popular coding languages, organized porthathons and more. The developmers just won't come (probably why the Runtime was opened up) and now with the focus on the Enterprise it's even thougher to get them on board. Android sideloads (now direct installs just work normal for me now, not that I'd prefer them over native, but they work normal.

Saw you mentioned that 'Whine' is slow? What's the problem with it? Runs fine snd as one of the best cascades app for me

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 07:09 AM
    Of course we would all love to see more native apps. But as far as the others not being useable....? Instagram is something that won't install or work on my phone. iGrann is fast, smooth and built for BB. I use it everyday. The native alternatives are good. Better than the original, as far as I am concerned. I do not use the other things you mentioned however, so as you say, we need more native apps.

I do not find the Andrid sideloads slow however.
    No, igrann it's not fast and smooth but buggy and laggy. I've got so many times white background (being unresponsive for seconds) plus shuttering scroll. Even the android version runs better (but it tskes losd more time to start). Same with whine, works no near as good as vine on iphone.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:49 AM
    No, igrann it's not fast and smooth but buggy and laggy. I've got so many times white background (being unresponsive for seconds) plus shuttering scroll. Even the android version runs better (but it tskes losd more time to start). Same with whine, works no near as good as vine on iphone.

Posted via CB10
    Can't really speak for whine as I get errors that I don't see others have but igrann works awesome. U might wanna try deleting and reinstalling it.

I should do the same for whine but I'm to the point where I'm just frustrated and besides I have always preferred seeing vines on youtube for some reason.

? We have apks cuz we need 'em not cuz we want 'em ?
    03-23-14 02:19 PM
    Here's a video of igrann in action:

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 03:28 PM