EDIT: What a fantastic response! At this point, I have already reached the maximum number of beta testers and I can't add more people. Thank you all for your interest!

Hi folks, I am the developer of a document scanner / PDF creator app that I think a lot of people will find useful. It's built from scratch just for BlackBerry 10 and Cascades, no Android conversion etc. It's a paid app but any beta testers will download it for free.

Highlights:
    Create high quality multipage PDF documents using the camera or from images already on your phone. Scan documents, receipts, articles, whiteboards, you name it. It's like a flatbed scanner and copier in your pocket:
    * Automatically finds the page in the photo
    * Automatically corrects for perspective – no need to hold the phone perfectly aligned
    * You can enhance printed text, notes or whiteboard photos to improve contrast significantly, in b/w or color
    * You can set paper size to Letter, Legal, A4 or one of many other supported sizes
    * You can apply custom margins and change image orientation
    * You can adjust PDF quality/file size
    * You can save individual pages as jpeg images, aligned and enhanced
    Open your PDF in any app that supports PDFs, share your document or jpeg using BBM, E-mail, NFC, Bluetooth or save it to your shared document folder.

So, if you are interested and have a Z10 send me your blackberry id e-mail address to paperpusherscanner at gmail dot com and I'll add you as a test user in the AppWorld developer console - that way you may download the app for free. The app is published on AppWorld but not yet posted for sale which means it is invisible for normal users,

I appreciate all feedback!

Screenshots:
    Looking for Z10 owners to BETA test document scanner and PDF creator app-list.jpg
    Looking for Z10 owners to BETA test document scanner and PDF creator app-prepare_image_enhanced.jpg
    Looking for Z10 owners to BETA test document scanner and PDF creator app-page_view_2.jpg
    Looking for Z10 owners to BETA test document scanner and PDF creator app-prepare_image_enhanced_text.jpg
    Last edited by dafbb1; 02-14-13 at 08:42 AM.
    sf49ers likes this.
    02-13-13 08:20 PM
    I'll give it a shot! If it works well it will come in handy in my business.
    02-13-13 08:23 PM
    I'll try, I had an app called cam scanner, it came in handy for me, I'll test yours out.
    02-13-13 08:31 PM
    I have tried a few and so far they all are pretty bad. Mostly android ports. I emailed you so I look forward to testing. The screenshots look great!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 09:05 PM
    I will help.

02-13-13 09:16 PM
    This is ideal for me for expenses.

02-13-13 09:20 PM
    Hi dafbb1,

Something is definitely wrong.. I am holding the phone upright in portrait.. I have an 8x11 document in portrait..

This is a regular picture of the document taken with the Z10 camera

This is a screen shot of what I see when scanning the page with your app.. the document is rotated 90 degrees and the aspect ratio is reversed..

This is a screen shot after the image is captured.. the aspect ratio has returned to normal, but the document is still rotated 90 degrees

The finished product is rotated 90 degrees and placed incorrectly on the page..

I notice there is a portrait landscape mode option under settings.. I tried both options, same result.
    02-13-13 09:34 PM
    I'm happy to help. PM me with details.

Cheers,
    Rob

02-13-13 09:36 PM
    If you don't mind a Dev Alpha helping I'm down too

02-13-13 09:46 PM
    I can beta test it for you, I will put it through its paces and we could even do playbook video call to see it working on my consumer device.
    02-14-13 07:42 AM
    Hi I would love to test your app. Please let me know what info you need from me.

02-14-13 08:53 AM
    Looks like there are differences between the Z10 and my DevAlphaB with respect to the camera handling, I need to look into this. The camera preview is apparently rotated! You are still able to correct the orientation post-capture though by selecting "Page Format" for a scanned page and adjust paper orientation and/or image rotation. Thanks for the feedback!
    02-14-13 08:59 AM
    Looks like there are differences between the Z10 and my DevAlphaB with respect to the camera handling, I need to look into this. The camera preview is apparently rotated! You are still able to correct the orientation post-capture though by selecting "Page Format" for a scanned page and adjust paper orientation and/or image rotation. Thanks for the feedback!
    Other then the rotation it seems to work pretty well.. images are captured pretty clear with a decent amount of detail.. easy to then email the of from within the app...

Looking forward to seeing the first update.. with the rotation issue fixed it could be a winner!

02-14-13 06:08 PM
    how did i miss this opportunity anyways let me know if u need help thanks in advance and goodluck
    02-14-13 06:24 PM
    i will beta test if not too late. thanks
    02-16-13 12:17 AM
    I downloaded the update and the screen rotation issue is fixed. I tried a few test scans and the app performs really well..

Using it couldn't be simpler.. just hold the phone over the document and click New Scan

The app does well recognizing the edges of the document, but you can drag the corners to re-size if needed.

Click done and you get a preview of the finished product.. then in the over flow menu you can rename, save it as a pdf, email or share it

Or you can have it open in adobe..

One really small gripe would be I found this popup to stay on screen too long after deleting a document.. and there doesn't seem to be a way to clear it manually.. I deleted scan and went to take another one right away.. I'm sure it was only seconds, but sitting there staring at the popup on the screen waiting for it to go away before I could take the next scan seemed like it took noticeably too much time.

All in all a great app! Looking forward to using it in my business!
    sf49ers likes this.
    02-16-13 03:00 PM
    When will we see this in BlackBlack World, need something good, the ones that are there are crap.
    02-18-13 02:00 PM
    Please let us know when it is available. Looks like an awesome app

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 06:10 PM
    When will we see this in BlackBlack World, need something good, the ones that are there are crap.
    I've been working on a version with a few bug fixes, this one is now awaiting BlackBerry World approval. It probably takes another week or so. I'll continue working on the app in response to user feedback and plan to make it the best BB10 document scanner app!
    meganVee likes this.
    02-19-13 10:08 AM
    Looks good. As a couple of others have said, previous PB and BlackBerry apps have really not worked well, so will definitely give this one a go.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 10:54 AM
    Looks good, please add me to the list of testers. I have one more use-case to test though... I regularly take snapshots of whiteboards and then distribute as PDF to the team. Can you think of a reason that this would not work with your app?
    -Jeff
    02-20-13 10:05 PM
    Looks good, please add me to the list of testers. I have one more use-case to test though... I regularly take snapshots of whiteboards and then distribute as PDF to the team. Can you think of a reason that this would not work with your app?
    -Jeff
    You can take photos of whiteboards and turn these into PDFs. You can take the photo from an angle - the app will correct for the perspective distortion and give you a nice straight view. There's also the option to significantly increase the contrast using the "enhance color text" feature.
    02-21-13 06:41 PM
    Hey guys it's on App World Downloaded it and it works great, maybe one complain is the price but with all the other apps that are on there, at least this one works.
    02-28-13 06:55 PM
    Hey guys it's on App World Downloaded it and it works great, maybe one complain is the price but with all the other apps that are on there, at least this one works.
    I was going to edit my post and announce it, but I thought I'd wait until I have the very latest version approved by BlackBerry, this version adds a system to tag your scans and group them nicely. The UI will be a bit more polished too. It should be up on AppWorld in a few days. Anyways, thanks to the community and the beta testers I had the Z10 camera rotation bug sorted out in no time
    02-28-13 07:15 PM
    I am ready for test it. Let me know if you want.
    03-06-13 07:39 AM
26 12