Reddit in Motion is a Bit out of date so i am Looking for a Bit more modern app that would work on my BlackBerry passport. Any idea what maybe a good choice?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-20 02:58 PM
    Reddit in Motion is a Bit out of date so i am Looking for a Bit more modern app that would work on my BlackBerry passport. Any idea what maybe a good choice?

Posted via CB10
    If you are OK with using an Android app as I personally wasn't able to find any native app that worked properly, I would recommend "Slide". It actually works very well for my BlackBerry Passport, as it's the way I am able to access my Reddit account and access the content. The login features for all the native BB10 reddit apps I tried was not working, with this app I was able to log into my account. The only negative is some videos load slowly, besides that it's a top notch app.

Here is the direct download link:
    https://f-droid.org/repo/me.ccrama.redditslide_326.apk
    Last edited by spiculated; 09-03-20 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Spelling
    09-03-20 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is the best one: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org....ger.redreader/
    09-04-20 11:50 AM
    If you are OK with using an Android app as I personally wasn't able to find any native app that worked properly, I would recommend "Slide". It actually works very well for my BlackBerry Passport, as it's the way I am able to access my Reddit account and access the content. The login features for all the native BB10 reddit apps I tried was not working, with this app I was able to log into my account. The only negative is some videos load slowly, besides that it's a top notch app.

Here is the direct download link:
    https://f-droid.org/repo/me.ccrama.redditslide_326.apk
    No idea why but does Not work on my passport. Anyway Thanks for the link.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-20 01:30 PM
    This one really works perfect, Thanks for sharing

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-04-20 01:34 PM
    This one really works perfect, Thanks for sharing

Posted via CB10
    No problem.
    09-04-20 02:45 PM
    No idea why but does Not work on my passport. Anyway Thanks for the link.

Posted via CB10
    No problem, glad you at least found one that worked for you.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-20 11:13 PM
    I use modded ad-free version of "Boost for Reddit" v1.10.2 and it works great. But you have to turn off "autoplay videos" and notifications and also have to change the default view to compact or list for good performance.
    09-05-20 08:42 AM
    Reddit in motion is a working app and more, a native app available on BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    09-12-20 10:04 AM
    Reddit in motion is a working app and more, a native app available on BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    It does work but imho not all that well. Long ago I switched over to RedReader and it's far better for me. I find RiM fails to open imgur and other files and also takes longer to load video. RR looks better also imo but ymmv.
    09-12-20 10:32 AM
    I got the same problems with both (Reddit in motion and RedReader) i can't login in! Some tricks?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-21 12:38 PM
    It does work but imho not all that well. Long ago I switched over to RedReader and it's far better for me. I find RiM fails to open imgur and other files and also takes longer to load video. RR looks better also imo but ymmv.
    I didn't know about red reader. Is this a native app?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-21 10:31 AM
    I didn't know about red reader. Is this a native app?

Posted via CB10
    No, it's from F-Droid. Open source. Although I'm loath to use android apps on my Passport, I do allow RedReader on there because of my stupid Reddit addiction. It just works much better and is not a drain on the battery (as almost all F-Droid apps are in comparison to apps from Google Play).
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-30-21 11:11 AM
    @brookie229
    I've been using redreader for reddit following your advice. Its great actually. So Much offered as compared to reddit in Motion.
    I got an email that somebody sent me a chat request from reddit, how can I see that in the redreader app?
    I don't even know what's a chat request. A friend sent it to me, how to access it on the app?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-21 08:32 AM
    @brookie229
    I've been using redreader for reddit following your advice. Its great actually. So Much offered as compared to reddit in Motion.
    I got an email that somebody sent me a chat request from reddit, how can I see that in the redreader app?
    I don't even know what's a chat request. A friend sent it to me, how to access it on the app?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure how to do that, although can you not tap on the user's profile and then find a mail icon? Obviously you need an account and from there you should find additional actions if you swipe left on a post etc. Sorry I can't be of much more help other than I know you have to sign in before any of those functions work and afaik the chat is included.
    05-18-21 09:34 AM
    Not sure how to do that, although can you not tap on the user's profile and then find a mail icon? Obviously you need an account and from there you should find additional actions if you swipe left on a post etc. Sorry I can't be of much more help other than I know you have to sign in before any of those functions work and afaik the chat is included.
    I've signed on already and this is why that friend of mine could request a chat with me. U have any idea on that?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-21 12:45 PM
    I've signed on already and this is why that friend of mine could request a chat with me. U have any idea on that?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I've never been in any chatroom on Reddit. Maybe check the RedReader github page and ask?
    05-18-21 01:12 PM
    Nope. I've never been in any chatroom on Reddit. Maybe check the RedReader github page and ask?
    I wanted to ask you whether red reader has "flair" option. Idk what's that but some subreddits that I have joined have a rule that unless a post has a flair, it can't be submitted.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-21 08:01 AM
    I wanted to ask you whether red reader has "flair" option. Idk what's that but some subreddits that I have joined have a rule that unless a post has a flair, it can't be submitted.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like the dev is planning to add this in the next version: https://www.reddit.com/r/RedReader/c...lair_my_posts/
    06-13-21 01:36 PM
    Looks like the dev is planning to add this in the next version: https://www.reddit.com/r/RedReader/c...lair_my_posts/
    thanks for finding the link. Actually, the dev published a redreader alpha apk, and it has the flair option. So, it's already here. The name is redreader alpha 277. Lemme know if you didn't find the apk, I'll send it to ya!!

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-14-21 06:54 AM