Give this a try.

BlackBerry World - bPod

It's really awesome. I use it all the time and it just got a new update.

Edit: Now has backup/restore function.
    Last edited by Lendo; 11-10-13 at 07:45 PM.
    OldSkoolVWLover and balenax like this.
    07-01-13 09:29 AM
    Woohoo.. The Skeptics Guide to the Universe works now
    07-01-13 10:03 AM
    How's this compared to nobex?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 10:13 AM
    How's this compared to nobex?

Posted via CB10
    Extremely User Friendly IMO.
    07-01-13 10:15 AM
    I got it too and I love it. Thanks.

Sent from the Dark Side
    Lendo likes this.
    07-01-13 10:28 AM
    I was using this dev's other app, BAM comic book reader, and stumbled upon this app. Started using it too. And since the recent update, it is pretty sweet. Nice and free
    07-01-13 11:11 AM
    bPod still needs some features, especially a queue for downloaded podcast episodes, but what's there now is solid, and the developer is committed to improving the app.
    07-01-13 12:18 PM
    Cool I'll have to give it a shot. Nobex is underwhelming to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:32 PM
    bPod still needs some features, especially a queue for downloaded podcast episodes, but what's there now is solid, and the developer is committed to improving the app.
    What do you mean "queue for downloaded podcast episodes"? It has the option to show all or downloaded.
    07-01-13 04:40 PM
    It needs a play list so you don't have to go to each podcast you want to listen to. I use this in combination with Antenna pod. I think the antenna pod is the best but adding feeds is kind of a pain. That is where bpod comes in for me. I'm hoping bpod continues to grow to be my mainstay.

Check out AntennaPod in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/21796131

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:59 PM
    What do you mean "queue for downloaded podcast episodes"? It has the option to show all or downloaded.
    The "downloads" button only shows active downloads, not completed ones. There's no simple way to see what's downloaded already and ready to play. But today's update has a "continuous play" option that should, I think, play through the downloads, although I haven't tried it yet.

Ideally, in my opinion, there should be a Playlist screen that shows what's on the device and adds new downloads to the bottom. And it should be possible to delete episodes from that list, removing them from the device.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 05:12 PM
    The "downloads" button only shows active downloads, not completed ones. There's no simple way to see what's downloaded already and ready to play. But today's update has a "continuous play" option that should, I think, play through the downloads, although I haven't tried it yet.

Ideally, in my opinion, there should be a Playlist screen that shows what's on the device and adds new downloads to the bottom. And it should be possible to delete episodes from that list, removing them from the device.

Posted via CB10
    Ok I'm kinda with you, but when you go into a specific podcast you can change to "downloaded" and see what's there. Only if you partially listen to one it'll be on the "show all" list.
    07-01-13 05:14 PM
    I emailed the Dev and passed a link to this discussion along. Maybe someone will show up and respond to your request.
    07-01-13 05:17 PM
    Awesome this will be one of the first apps I will download when my Z shows up. Listen to podcasts daily during my commute.
    Lendo likes this.
    07-01-13 06:07 PM
    Awesome this will be one of the first apps I will download when my Z shows up. Listen to podcasts daily during my commute.
    That's why I got it. I replaced my Sirius Satellite radio with it.

Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    07-01-13 06:30 PM
    I never could justify satellite radio, thankfully Adam Carolla didn't get bought up by satellite or syndication, love being able to listen o my own schedule.
    07-01-13 06:41 PM
    I never could justify satellite radio, thankfully Adam Carolla didn't get bought up by satellite or syndication, love being able to listen o my own schedule.
    Adam Carolla?
    07-01-13 06:42 PM
    Adam Carolla?
    After his syndicated radio show got cancelled he started a podcast and he's doing standup. Not sure if you folks had it up north, but he used to host The Man Show with Jimmie Kimmel
    07-01-13 06:50 PM
    After his syndicated radio show got cancelled he started a podcast and he's doing standup. Not sure if you folks had it up north, but he used to host The Man Show with Jimmie Kimmel
    Ok, I know who that guy is... Funny MoFo... found his RSS feed and it's been added to my bPod
    07-01-13 06:53 PM
    Awesome! Let me know how you like it once you get to give it a listen. My buddy and I listen to em then email or text back and forth making jokes.
    07-01-13 06:57 PM
    I just started listening to the Adam Carolla show for the first time last week and quite enjoyed it.

As for bPod, I like it but I am unable to load the feed for Above & Beyond's Group Therapy. Bummer because it is one of my favourite trance podcasts.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:58 PM
    UI pretty poor but as it seems the 'podcasts' dev died anything new is good.
    07-01-13 07:06 PM
    UI pretty poor but as it seems the 'podcasts' dev died anything new is good.
    I tried a couple before this one, and I thought this was the most user friendly
    07-01-13 07:09 PM
    I just started listening to the Adam Carolla show for the first time last week and quite enjoyed it.

Posted via CB10
    Love the pirate ship, and love me some Mangria...

I am sure no matter what I go to I will have some sadness as to the podcast app, been with an app that was put out 4+ years ago and has been open sourced and evolved over the years by many folks. Need to hit up current devs and see if they have made an APK or BAR. I have been wanting to get in on some indy dev action for years, maybe this will force me to take that code and try and get it on BB10.
    07-01-13 08:31 PM
    I'm still using a Podtrapper that been sideloaded on my Q10. Now that's a app that was great but the developer unfortunately dropped off the side of the earth.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 11:48 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD