I was using podtrapper but didn't know how to register it.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:09 PM
    As for bPod, I like it but I am unable to load the feed for Above & Beyond's Group Therapy. Bummer because it is one of my favourite trance podcasts.

Posted via CB10
    If you have a problem with a podcast, write to the developer. He's helped me with a few troublesome ones. He also mentioned that an update is coming in a couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3750701) and Djlatino like this.
    07-02-13 06:51 PM
    If you have a problem with a podcast, write to the developer. He's helped me with a few troublesome ones. He also mentioned that an update is coming in a couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks... I emailed him and he responded within minutes. The issue has been fixed and will be available in the next update. Fantastic support!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 07:45 PM
    Once play lists are in place it will be my daily. I'm sure it will get there.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:49 PM
    I haven't looked into registering podtrapper yet either. Will have to find something soon though I have 7 days till my trial expires.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 06:38 AM
    Can't get bpod to download pending podcasts. Pretty much made this app useless.

Also took way too long to figure out where the play list was hidden. Really should have a play list button on the main screen.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 04:12 PM
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong...
    When I search for a podcast like Planet Money, the BPod app just sends me to the Google page on my browser and shows me search results for Planet Money. I'm not interested in searching their website for the RSS Feed. I've tried the search for other podcasts with the same results.
    With the Podcasts app, when I search for a podcast, it will give me a list of podcasts that match my search. I select the one I want and it finds the podcast (and the RSS Feed) directly and then shows a Subscribe button.
    08-02-13 06:46 PM
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong...
    When I search for a podcast like Planet Money, the BPod app just sends me to the Google page on my browser and shows me search results for Planet Money. I'm not interested in searching their website for the RSS Feed. I've tried the search for other podcasts with the same results.
    With the Podcasts app, when I search for a podcast, it will give me a list of podcasts that match my search. I select the one I want and it finds the podcast (and the RSS Feed) directly and then shows a Subscribe button.
    Bpod doesn't have a podcast catalog like some other podcast apps. It takes you to a Google search because it is trying to help you find the URL for the RSS feed. You need to manually copy the Web URL of the Rss feed and paste it into bpod. Then you will be able to subscribe. Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    Lendo likes this.
    08-02-13 09:47 PM
    It's now been updated to include backup/restore functions.
    11-10-13 07:42 PM
    I was using bPod for several weeks and was pretty satisfied, but just went 'back' to PodTrapper (side-loaded, Android version) because of a few annoyances...

1). bPod never seemed to remember where I was in a podcast when I paused and exited then came back.

2). When updating podcasts it would always scan the entire rss feed. Some of my podcasts have thousands of past episodes in the rss and this process took an annoyingly long time.

3). Finally & most importantly, I had a couple of crashes when the update process appeared to hang. When that happened I lost some of my subscribed postcasts from my list, and the whole app slowed down...

Now I am back on side-loaded PodTrapper. It found my registration information from my old BBOS device on my SD card, and has been working great.

Posted from my Q10
    11-11-13 01:39 AM
    The registration process has kept me from going back to pod Trapper. I don't know to register it.

I agree with the annoyances about bpod but it still seems like the best option for something that isn't side loaded. My biggest complaint about it is the lack of video podcasts. Just cones through as audio.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:09 AM
    It's sad but I too have went back to Podtrapper as well after trying all the podcast apps on appworld. So wish if Marcus isn't interested in officially porting Podtrapper he would let someone continue development.
    11-11-13 08:34 AM
    I emailed him about it with no reply. Hell, I'd pay for it again.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 11:22 AM
    I was using bPod for several weeks and was pretty satisfied, but just went 'back' to PodTrapper (side-loaded, Android version) because of a few annoyances...

1). bPod never seemed to remember where I was in a podcast when I paused and exited then came back.

2). When updating podcasts it would always scan the entire rss feed. Some of my podcasts have thousands of past episodes in the rss and this process took an annoyingly long time.

3). Finally & most importantly, I had a couple of crashes when the update process appeared to hang. When that happened I lost some of my subscribed postcasts from my list, and the whole app slowed down...

Now I am back on side-loaded PodTrapper. It found my registration information from my old BBOS device on my SD card, and has been working great.

Posted from my Q10
    The best part about bPod is that the Dev is extremely helpful. I emailed him about a Backup/Restore function and wouldn't you know with the next update it was there. Perhaps you should email your suggestions to him.
    11-11-13 07:27 PM
    I don't want to sound harsh, but this thread is about bPod. If you don't like it you can post that and move on, but stop promoting an app that isn't available from BB World. And while I'm at it, this podtrapper is an android app that's not entirely free. I've emailed the Dev of that app in the past with a request to convert and post it, but never even got a reply. Now let's move on please.
    11-11-13 07:31 PM
    Not sure if you are aware of the fact that pod Trapper is a BBOS application that many of us had on our legacy devices. Just because it isn't available for BlackBerry 10 doesn't make the comparisons less legit. We like bpod and want to see some of the things we liked implemented.

We hope that the developer will take these suggestions and implement them into future updates. Many of us would pay for an update that included video implementation, better updating, integrated podcast search and subscription, and multiple play lists.

Posted via CB10
    CBKevin likes this.
    11-12-13 01:18 PM
    To my knowledge he is not a member here, so you'd be better served emailing him directly. Furthermore podtrapper may be a free download, but it's a paid registration from my understanding so I won't be converting it and posting it anywhere without consent from the Dev. I'm pretty sure I've spoken with you about this in the past and nothing has changed. I never got a response from the Dev and the topic is dead. If you want it brought over to BB10 then email them about it. Now please stop derailing my thread, but feel free to start another thread about podtrapper.
    11-12-13 05:10 PM
    Woohoo, another update
    11-23-13 08:50 AM
    Bpod doesn't have a podcast catalog like some other podcast apps. It takes you to a Google search because it is trying to help you find the URL for the RSS feed. You need to manually copy the Web URL of the Rss feed and paste it into bpod. Then you will be able to subscribe. Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, it has several new features for searching for podcasts now. You should check it out again.
    02-03-14 10:01 PM
    This is a good app. Use it every day. Simple but solid.

One thing to add: automatically delete podcasts older than X days (30?). This would ensure automatically downloaded podcasts that get forgotten are removed.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Lendo likes this.
    02-04-14 12:11 AM
    Official bPod thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=904608

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 01:49 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD