Somebody drop bbm bar. Fu**ing BlackBerry restrictions.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 02:49 PM
    02-13-14 02:57 PM
    Thx
    02-13-14 03:12 PM
    Hey. How do you extract bar files from the OS? Can you just do it through sachesi/chrome extension?

Via Z30 10.3.0.1337
    02-13-14 03:36 PM
    Hey. How do you extract bar files from the OS? Can you just do it through sachesi/chrome extension?

Via Z30 10.3.0.1337
    No and I'm not telling you because it's extremely annoying to explain lol. Long and short, you don't extract anything.. you *sniff* the URL of the file as you download it.

Turn your computer into a HotSpot, connect your device to it, set up a proxy, review the traffic in an app like Charles or something similar and copy the link as it downloads to your device. This process only works on free apps.
    02-13-14 03:40 PM
    cant download it... shows me an error... can yo please zip or rar it?
    02-13-14 04:02 PM
    No and I'm not telling you because it's extremely annoying to explain lol. Long and short, you don't extract anything.. you *sniff* the URL of the file as you download it.

Turn your computer into a HotSpot, connect your device to it, set up a proxy, review the traffic in an app like Charles or something similar and copy the link as it downloads to your device. This process only works on free apps.
    Simple it seems lol

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    02-13-14 04:06 PM

I have done everything else, the only part I don't get is this "set up a proxy". Please how do I set up a proxy, guys? Detailed explanation would be much appreciated.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    02-13-14 06:07 PM
    I have done everything else, the only part I don't get is this "set up a proxy". Please how do I set up a proxy, guys? Detailed explanation would be much appreciated.

*sigh* OK.

Once you have your device connected to your computers WiFi, go to Network, WiFi. Saved.
    Tap on the one that's using your computer, go down to "Use Proxy"
    Enter in the IP Address FROM your computer under proxy server.
    Enter 8888 as the port.
    Save and connect.

Now open Charles, it should ask you to approve the connection. Approve it.
    Open BlackBerry World and browse around, you should see your device making connections.
    Download an app, you will see the URL it's connecting to, copy the url and toss it into your computer browser.
    Download the zip file it offers up, once downloaded change the extension to .bar.
    Voila!
    dustmalik likes this.
    02-13-14 06:30 PM
    Thanks for the detailed explanation, much appreciated.

02-13-14 06:33 PM
    Thanks for the detailed explanation, much appreciated.

No problem, hope it was enough to figure it out.
    02-13-14 06:35 PM
    Sorry I have been trying to figure it out ever since, but I am still not making any head way. When you said "Enter in the IP Address FROM your computer under proxy server", did you mean localhost as in 127.0.0.1?

EDIT : I figured it out. But the problem i'm having now is getting the actual apps url download link. I see BB World urls in Charles proxy, while browsing BB World on my phone, but when I start downloading an app, I don't see the download url.

Last edited by dustmalik; 02-13-14 at 10:01 PM.
    02-13-14 07:21 PM
    I'm not gonna bother trying it. Because it's a bigger pain than its worth right now.

But I do get it. Thanks.

I through you extracted it after the fact. I didn't realize you went after the source.

Via Z30 10.3.0.1337
    02-13-14 09:39 PM
    After i sideloaded this version it doesn't work, it crashes and goes right back to home screen. i'm on 10.2.1.176 ???
    02-14-14 06:49 AM
    Sorry I have been trying to figure it out ever since, but I am still not making any head way. When you said "Enter in the IP Address FROM your computer under proxy server", did you mean localhost as in 127.0.0.1?

EDIT : I figured it out. But the problem i'm having now is getting the actual apps url download link. I see BB World urls in Charles proxy, while browsing BB World on my phone, but when I start downloading an app, I don't see the download url.

It should be a REALLY long one and again, keep in mind it doesn't work for paid apps. So, if you're trying to down a paid app it won't show the URL.

Should look similar too: http://download.appworld.blackberry.com/ClientAPI/file2/26945122?dwnAuth=
    dustmalik likes this.
    02-14-14 10:03 AM
    It should be a REALLY long one and again, keep in mind it doesn't work for paid apps. So, if you're trying to down a paid app it won't show the URL.

Should look similar too: http://download.appworld.blackberry.com/ClientAPI/file2/26945122?dwnAuth=<A lot of numbers and letters here>
    Thanks man. I will try it out later on when I get back home from work.

02-14-14 11:47 AM