It's part of the latest & greatest autoloader for Z30/Leap/Q20, but not for the Q10 or Z10. Anyone who can help me out/point me in the right direction?
    10-21-20 04:17 PM
    It's part of the latest & greatest autoloader for Z30/Leap/Q20, but not for the Q10 or Z10. Anyone who can help me out/point me in the right direction?
    It stopped working anyway. Long, long ago.
    Last edited by conite; 10-21-20 at 04:44 PM.
    10-21-20 04:21 PM
    It stopped working as a free app. If you have a basic or premium subscription, it works with about 85% of the current functionality. You can search, like, listen to stations. The artist information is all still there, your account settings for sound quality and commentary streams reflect in the app. You just can't see recommendations, make playlists, view "livexlive" video content or like individual songs. It still works more reliably and uses less power than the .apk...

Anyway, it would be nice to have on the z10.
    10-21-20 05:05 PM
    It stopped working as a free app. If you have a basic or premium subscription, it works with about 85% of the current functionality. You can search, like, listen to stations. The artist information is all still there, your account settings for sound quality and commentary streams reflect in the app. You just can't see recommendations, make playlists, view "livexlive" video content or like individual songs. It still works more reliably and uses less power than the .apk...

Anyway, it would be nice to have on the z10.
    It was never part of BB10 for ANY device (at least with 10.3.X). It's a BlackBerry World download. As a consequence, no one has the bar file.
    Last edited by conite; 10-21-20 at 07:33 PM.
    10-21-20 06:11 PM
    Still works though. So if you look at the apps on a Z30/Leap or Q20 with the latest autoloader using the Chrome Playbook extension, the slacker app is listed as a system app (can't be un-installed).

Looking for BB10 native Slacker Radio .bar file...-annotation-2020-10-21-200724.jpg
    10-21-20 07:08 PM
    Still works though. So if you look at the apps on a Z30/Leap or Q20 with the latest autoloader using the Chrome Playbook extension, the slacker app is listed as a system app (can't be un-installed).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-10-21 200724.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	449846
    I have a repository of all of the latest OSes, for all devices, and I can tell you it's not there. There are no specific apps for different devices.
    10-21-20 07:11 PM
    Interesting. Then why can't I un-install that app, do you think?

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    10-21-20 07:20 PM
    Interesting. Then why can't I un-install that app, do you think?

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    I'm checking now, but it may have been included way back in the 10.2.1 days. Perhaps you've only done OTA updates since then?

Edit: no sign of Slacker on 10.2.1.
    Edit2: nothing on 10.1.0.
    Last edited by conite; 10-21-20 at 08:25 PM.
    10-21-20 07:33 PM
    I'm checking now, but it may have been included way back in the 10.2.1 days. Perhaps you've only done OTA updates since then?

Edit: no sign of Slacker on 10.2.1.
    Edit2: nothing on 10.1.0.
    It may have been included in some carrier specific OS packages. I seem to recall AT&T included it if you check for the OS in Sachesi with their carrier code.
    10-21-20 08:46 PM
    It may have been included in some carrier specific OS packages. I seem to recall AT&T included it if you check for the OS in Sachesi with their carrier code.
    Good idea. I'll try that.
    10-21-20 08:46 PM
    It showed up on my Classic and Z30. I used the autoloaders found on this website, and then went through the setup process, including a check for software updates, which I believe they both received, but I'm not sure. I'm on Mint, which uses T-Mobile network, maybe it came from there? The Z10 is an unlocked T-Mobile device, and had an update, but no ancient Slacker app. No way to extract it, say from a backup using Darcy's Tools?

Thanks
    10-22-20 12:15 AM
    It showed up on my Classic and Z30. I used the autoloaders found on this website, and then went through the setup process, including a check for software updates, which I believe they both received, but I'm not sure. I'm on Mint, which uses T-Mobile network, maybe it came from there? The Z10 is an unlocked T-Mobile device, and had an update, but no ancient Slacker app. No way to extract it, say from a backup using Darcy's Tools?

Thanks
    You can't extract an installed native app.

It must have been carrier bloat at one time or another.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-20 12:29 AM
    Oh well, thanks for your help and knowledge.
    10-22-20 12:32 AM

Thanks
    Could you launch the slacker app from the extension?

Phone security settings has snapshot export to list installed applications and supported codecs.

Try App Ninja, if slacker has any metadata it may show up with this app and point to or index a reference to its shared object file.
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 10-22-20 at 03:11 AM.
    10-22-20 02:51 AM
    So I checked for software updates on my Z10 again, for kicks, and what do you know, there was one (Slacker radio v.1.0.0.268). I guess Mint (using T-Mobile network) is still kicking out the old Slacker app as bloatware. I'm glad it's there.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-29-20 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD