Hasn't had an update since 2013. Users cannot sign in or upload etc anymore

Lol what a scam developer. Releases app, rakes in the money then disappears with a half-baked bug ridden app.

Can't believe BlackBerry let's trash like this into BBW.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 01:13 PM
    BBW had quite a few apps floating around that are garbage. I wonder if they have cleaned thing up lately?
    07-07-14 01:20 PM

Lol what a scam developer. Releases app, rakes in the money then disappears with a half-baked bug ridden app.

Posted via CB10
    It worked when he released it right? It's not BlackBerry fault what are they supposed to do? Download and test every app everyday to make sure it works?

Have you tired contacting the developer or BlackBerry?

And isn't this a instragramn type app? Probably once it became known that the android app one works, the developer stopped developing this app

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 01:20 PM
    this is typical behaviour of some developers on BBW. Develop some app, then it get heavy promoted by Crackberry and others BB sites, take a money and despaired.
    Same as Peter fromBattery Guru hi made this trick twice for Playbook and BB10, last time hi updated his app one year ago.
    07-07-14 01:27 PM
    It worked when he released it right? It's not BlackBerry fault what are they supposed to do? Download and test every app everyday to make sure it works?

Have you tired contacting the developer or BlackBerry?

And isn't this a instragramn type app? Probably once it became known that the android app one works, the developer stopped developing this app

Posted via CB10
    actually it is their issue. Apps need to be approved before they get into BBW why does it take a week for some of the good apps to get approved?

Do you think future shop will sell and promote a laptop that doesn't work? Why is there non working apps in BBW?

BBW is a mess and is by far the worst app store i have ever seen. If an app get reported (i've reported many) they need to be taken into review just like everything else in the real world.
    07-07-14 03:20 PM
    I wish there would be 1 App Store in the whole World that actually gave a f**k about their store and 1) tested app 2) make sure the Dev has correctly written the description area, maybe even have 1 template that all devs should use when typing up their descriptions 3) every 6mos - 1yr have all apps not update state why they haven't updated it, maybe they are having issues with the OS so it would help to ask 4) delete highly neglected apps, scam apps, high volume complaint apps, apps that have WAY too many similar apps (flashlight, Muslim chants, single page tumblr pages, super cheap looking games)....

I can only wish

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    07-11-14 06:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm guessing you promised him $50 like igrann but you never paid

Posted via CB10
    BryanVilla, drjames05 and jafrul like this.
    07-11-14 07:08 PM
    actually it is their issue. Apps need to be approved before they get into BBW why does it take a week for some of the good apps to get approved?

Do you think future shop will sell and promote a laptop that doesn't work? Why is there non working apps in BBW?

BBW is a mess and is by far the worst app store i have ever seen. If an app get reported (i've reported many) they need to be taken into review just like everything else in the real world.
    I am on my fourth set of klipsh headphones from future shop. Why didn't they test the damn things before putting them on the shelf. I've also had a desktop from radioshack and a TV from best buy not work. Why did this happen? Shouldn't they have checked each device before selling it. Come on man, really?

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-11-14 07:15 PM
    Knowing Future Shop/Best Buy, they would, if they think it'll bring you back to their support desk/Geek Squad.

I wish there would be 1 App Store in the whole World that actually gave a f**k about their store and 1) tested app 2) make sure the Dev has correctly written the description area, maybe even have 1 template that all devs should use when typing up their descriptions 3) every 6mos - 1yr have all apps not update state why they haven't updated it, maybe they are having issues with the OS so it would help to ask 4) delete highly neglected apps, scam apps, high volume complaint apps, apps that have WAY too many similar apps (flashlight, Muslim chants, single page tumblr pages, super cheap looking games)....

I can only wish

Well they'd only have five or six apps then; high quality, well supported, well crafted apps, but still only five or six of them. To the average John Q. Mobileconsumer, would "We have half a million apps!" or "We have a handful of apps, but they're good, trust us!" be a more successful proposition?

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    07-11-14 07:17 PM
    Well they'd only have five or six apps then; high quality, well supported, well crafted apps, but still only five or six of them. To the average John Q. Mobileconsumer, would "We have half a million apps!" or "We have a handful of apps, but they're good, trust us!" be a more successful proposition?

Posted via CB10
    Since ALL stores have junk...yes, the latter will be a very good promotional angle...it will get people to check it out as novelty at first.... then they see all the apps we have and we'll most of our apps will work, devs respond to complaints, less junk to shuffle through to get to the good apps... we do need at least 1 third party app for all social apps, video calling. Games would be the hardest though.

07-11-14 11:00 PM
    Since ALL stores have junk...yes, the latter will be a very good promotional angle...it will get people to check it out as novelty at first.... then they see all the apps we have and we'll most of our apps will work, devs respond to complaints, less junk to shuffle through to get to the good apps... we do need at least 1 third party app for all social apps, video calling. Games would be the hardest though.

More like get people to check it out as a novelty at first, see the apps available, not see the many, many, many apps not available, dismiss the idea and move on.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 12:44 AM
    The issue is tht blackberry was playing the numbers game and not givong a f*ck about quality and now this is the worst app store out of the 4 major platforms.

Every single jam/launch they bragged about their app count. How many of those apps are usable? How many well known generated apps linger?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 01:17 AM

Make sure how things work before blaming everything on BlackBerry. The apps issue not working is always happen with social apps or those access online services like youtube or vimeo apps. When the apps is submitted to BBW it is working as intended. If there is any API change by those online services, this will break the apps with issues like cannot sign in or certain features not working anymore. It is up to developers to follow up and updating their apps to keep up with ever changing API. When you bought apps that acces online service, there is no guarantee they will work forever. Even utilities apps can break If BlackBerry do major change to bb10 API although this is unlikely to happen. Just like products. Always buy from reputable sellers. Take a look at sellers website for seller history. Don't buy just because it cost $0.99 .

The apps i have seen the least change or none at all is dropbox. Using the same apps for almost 3 years and all features still working as usual.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    Last edited by Traxxmy; 07-12-14 at 01:49 AM.
    07-12-14 01:31 AM
    The apps i have seen the least change or none at all is dropbox. Using the same apps for almost 3 years and all features still working as usual.
    Fascinating. Latest version for BB10 released Jan 28th, 2014.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 01:53 AM
    Fascinating. Latest version for BB10 released Jan 28th, 2014.

Posted via CB10
    What I mean is apps in my Nokia phone. As I still use Nokia 808 as primary device I didn't set up dropbox in my Z10 yet.

07-12-14 01:59 AM
    I'm glad I didn't buy that garbage. None of the two instagram apps beat the official one, even though iGrann is quite good but not as good.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 02:05 AM
    I guess I would say everyones right to a certain extent. On one hand people shouldn't go around buying everything they see and then complaining about bad apps. People normally leave reviews and ratings so make use of those first and decide if what you are buying is really worth it. On the other hand I think blackberry should stop letting everything through in hopes of having a large app database and start making some effort into maintaining the quality of apps as well.

I don't think free apps need to be checked much, after all, they are free. The effort they should put into is paid apps. Try to make sure that the version being uploaded works for the most part regarding what it's meant to do and isn't a total scam. Also they can have a better post app release support system. If users do report about some app being a scam or not working anymore or not updated in a while etc then they should check the app, confirm if the allegations are correct and then maybe flag the app on bbw. If the app some what works they can flag it saying "app has known issues, use at own discretion" or if it doesn't work at all then block the app altogether and contact the developer telling them to update their app or it will be removed permanently.

In the worst case that the app and developer do turn out to be a scam, BlackBerry should take the bold step of not only deleting all.of the developers apps off of bbw but also to delete the developers vendor portal account and essentially bar him from future developing on BlackBerry. When I made my vendor portal account I was asked to.provide a scan of any official identification document. Which means that it'll be relatively easy for BlackBerry to ban developers that have been scammy.

All in all there may be not a fool proof way of making sure apps are not scams but many steps can be taken to make the process more user friendly.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 02:37 AM
    What I mean is apps in my Nokia phone. As I still use Nokia 808 as primary device I didn't set up dropbox in my Z10 yet.

Ah. That wasn't immediately apparent from the post, I apologize. And you're right, updates are only necessary if something else is changed (API, firmware, etc). This is somewhat separate from updating for new features, which are a nice gesture but not always necessary. I'm no dev, but I believe it would be good form to at least check in with one's apps to see if each OS update has any adverse affects or if someone else's app(s) are causing any strife. Not having a Dropbox update in 3 years makes sense now - when was the last time Symbian itself was updated?
    07-12-14 02:42 AM
    updates are only necessary if something else is changed (API, firmware, etc). This is somewhat separate from updating for new features, which are a nice gesture but not always necessary. I'm no dev, but I believe it would be good form to at least check in with one's apps to see if each OS update has any adverse affects or if someone else's app(s) are causing any strife. Not having a Dropbox update in 3 years makes sense now - when was the last time Symbian itself was updated?
    If users feels that current apps no longer working then they are suppose to report it. Hope with enough of report, the app will be remove from BBW. It is impossible for BlackBerry to install every social online services apps and check it. With bb10 still developing, I thinking there bound to be some Os core API change.

Well, the last major update is Belle FP2 on around end of 2012 and there is a a minor features updates intermittent. Right now in 2014 it is basically now supported by communities only. I even still make my apps updates first then BlackBerry.

Last edited by Traxxmy; 07-12-14 at 03:28 AM.
    07-12-14 03:18 AM
    I guess I would say everyones right to a certain extent. On one hand people shouldn't go around buying everything they see and then complaining about bad apps. People normally leave reviews and ratings so make use of those first and decide if what you are buying is really worth it. On the other hand I think blackberry should stop letting everything through in hopes of having a large app database and start making some effort into maintaining the quality of apps as well.

I don't think free apps need to be checked much, after all, they are free. The effort they should put into is paid apps. Try to make sure that the version being uploaded works for the most part regarding what it's meant to do and isn't a total scam. Also they can have a better post app release support system. If users do report about some app being a scam or not working anymore or not updated in a while etc then they should check the app, confirm if the allegations are correct and then maybe flag the app on bbw. If the app some what works they can flag it saying "app has known issues, use at own discretion" or if it doesn't work at all then block the app altogether and contact the developer telling them to update their app or it will be removed permanently.

In the worst case that the app and developer do turn out to be a scam, BlackBerry should take the bold step of not only deleting all.of the developers apps off of bbw but also to delete the developers vendor portal account and essentially bar him from future developing on BlackBerry. When I made my vendor portal account I was asked to.provide a scan of any official identification document. Which means that it'll be relatively easy for BlackBerry to ban developers that have been scammy.

All in all there may be not a fool proof way of making sure apps are not scams but many steps can be taken to make the process more user friendly.

Posted via CB10
    The problem with the rating system like you mentioned in the first paragraph, is that developers can delete reviews and ratings. That part of BlackBerry world is also corrupted.

100% agree with the report system then BlackBerry wouldnt need any effort on their part. Except to check the app to see why its getting reported.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 08:30 AM