Hi guys,

It looks like the default music player picked up tunes I had in dropbox and that I copied to my media card. So now I've loads of duplicates in my library. I don't remember telling the app to crawl dropbox too. So is there a way to configure locations in the default player?

Thanks!
    JP

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 02:31 PM
    Hi guys,

It looks like the default music player picked up tunes I had in dropbox and that I copied to my media card. So now I've loads of duplicates in my library. I don't remember telling the app to crawl dropbox too. So is there a way to configure locations in the default player?

Thanks!
    JP

Posted via CB10
    Just to clarify, you are talking about the Google music app?

You've looked through the settings and there was no way to control the scan?

What if you did not give it access to Dropbox or had not installed dropbox -then it should not have your credentials to access it????
    05-09-17 10:17 PM
    Hi guys,

Thanks!
    JP

Posted via CB10
    I don't think there's a way to control it, although if you insert a .nomedia file in your Dropbox folder it should prevent indexing.

http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...ry-z10-940470/
    05-09-17 10:20 PM
    Hey gusy,

Thanks for the replies. I was talking about BB10. Few things were going on. I synced the folder with the duplicates in it, so it seems these were indexed? Also I accidentally copied duplicates to my SD card. So I had multiple copies. Did a clean up and all is well.

Cheers,
    JP

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 01:33 AM