Watcher, another headless app, can do time based but from the discussions on it, there are still some quirks. I had it so that my z10 stopped notifications during 11pm-6am.

The question I kind of had was or could there be an interaction between these two headless app? I'm not loading Watcher on the z10 I got today as a replacement for the one that locked up too often.

On Location has worked for PT location, gym location and doc location. I'm probably going to put the Opera in next!
    12-27-13 11:42 PM
    Just purchased today and tested at TGI Friday's. It correctly changed profile to vibrate within a few minutes of entering the restaurant, but didn't notify in the hub as I had it set. Upon leaving, it took about 5 minutes to change the profile back, but again didn't notify me in the hub. The hub notifications don't seem to be working for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 12:20 AM
    I don't necessarily ask for bloat but....

I wonder if having Notifications icons associated with locations could be a helpful hint. In other words, on the List of Locations, you could show the two symbols (enter/exit), such as the "Vibrating speaker" and well, a Normal speak, for Vibrate (enter) and Normal (exit)? etc for the other types of notice or none.

Just an idea.
    12-28-13 08:50 AM
    Just purchased today and tested at TGI Friday's. It correctly changed profile to vibrate within a few minutes of entering the restaurant, but didn't notify in the hub as I had it set. Upon leaving, it took about 5 minutes to change the profile back, but again didn't notify me in the hub. The hub notifications don't seem to be working for me.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for confirming that changing profile worked as expected. Can you please check that Notifications to Hub settings for the location? It is disabled by default.
    12-28-13 01:47 PM
    I don't necessarily ask for bloat but....

I wonder if having Notifications icons associated with locations could be a helpful hint. In other words, on the List of Locations, you could show the two symbols (enter/exit), such as the "Vibrating speaker" and well, a Normal speak, for Vibrate (enter) and Normal (exit)? etc for the other types of notice or none.

Just an idea.
    It is great suggestion, we will implement it in subsequent updates.
    12-28-13 01:48 PM
    Happy New Year CrackBerry users!

OnLocation has been upgraded. Now it supports:
    • Turning WiFi on entering/leaving location
    • Turning Bluetooth on entering/leaving location
    • Sending notification using email (in addition to previously supported SMS):

On location headless app?-img_00000489_1.png
    FF22 likes this.
    12-31-13 06:13 PM
    Having problems, I THINK.

Suddenly, OnLocation is not working. And using Device Manager, I don't find any evidence of it even running in the background. It was working fine (too fine - more later) and then it was not.

I "UnPermissioned" it and then granted Permission again. But once the active frame is closed it is GONE.

I have a feeling another Headless app may be disabling it. If I recall, the new Headless version of ClipManager would be disabled by another Headless app.

The most recent installed was ProfileChanger. While I had purchased it a while ago, when I had to change our phones, I did not reinstall it. But the other day I did to check out its new features. But I also probably updated ClipManager headless.

All I can tell is OnLocation gets dumped and does not show (and I checked permissions and it is Permitted to run closed).

Any ideas?
    01-20-14 10:28 PM
    Having problems, I THINK.

Suddenly, OnLocation is not working. And using Device Manager, I don't find any evidence of it even running in the background. It was working fine (too fine - more later) and then it was not.

I "UnPermissioned" it and then granted Permission again. But once the active frame is closed it is GONE.

I have a feeling another Headless app may be disabling it. If I recall, the new Headless version of ClipManager would be disabled by another Headless app.

The most recent installed was ProfileChanger. While I had purchased it a while ago, when I had to change our phones, I did not reinstall it. But the other day I did to check out its new features. But I also probably updated ClipManager headless.

All I can tell is OnLocation gets dumped and does not show (and I checked permissions and it is Permitted to run closed).

Any ideas?
    Could you please contact to [email protected]?
    01-21-14 07:02 AM
    Just wondering, with 10.2.1 now out, has BlackBerry updated the API with regards to Wifi toggling or is it just Turn On still and not Turn Off.

This function would complete my decision to buy.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 10:15 AM
    Just wondering, with 10.2.1 now out, has BlackBerry updated the API with regards to Wifi toggling or is it just Turn On still and not Turn Off.

This function would complete my decision to buy.

Posted via CB10
    I just tried that and turning off WiFi is still not allowed. That's why OnLocation is only able to switch WiFi on upon entering or leaving location. Switching on/off is supported for Bluetooth as well as switching notification profile. You can also send sms or/and email messages when arriving/leaving. We will add option to turn off WiFi immediately once supported by BlackBerry.
    02-02-14 10:23 AM
    So weird that they allow for BT on/off and not WiFi. Ok, thanks for the update!
    02-02-14 01:32 PM
    So weird that they allow for BT on/off and not WiFi. Ok, thanks for the update!
    I agree. Was this a mistake on their part, something they missed perhaps? Or do they seriously see some kind of security issue with being able to toggle wifi?

Anyway, I'm on the fence with this app. I'm always keeping an eye on the progression and updates. And I love that the developer is in constant communication with the forums.

I have a suggestion, would it be possible to have the app change the phone's wall paper based on location? I've seen another app that does this, but didn't have much other functionality. I think if you could quickly look at you phone and see that the wall paper had changed, you could then safely assume the profile has changed as well. Plus it would allow to switching to a background that is more work friendly (or other wise).

Also now that 10.2.1 is out publicly... is it possible to implement profile changes based on time of day? Ex. bedside mode at 10:30? I know it's been mentioned before, but I think 10.2.1 changes things here.

If the app had that stuff it would become a One Stop Shop for me, and I would pick it up for sure... I might even pay more for it. Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 07:23 PM
    I agree. Was this a mistake on their part, something they missed perhaps? Or do they seriously see some kind of security issue with being able to toggle wifi?

Anyway, I'm on the fence with this app. I'm always keeping an eye on the progression and updates. And I love that the developer is in constant communication with the forums.

I have a suggestion, would it be possible to have the app change the phone's wall paper based on location? I've seen another app that does this, but didn't have much other functionality. I think if you could quickly look at you phone and see that the wall paper had changed, you could then safely assume the profile has changed as well. Plus it would allow to switching to a background that is more work friendly (or other wise).

Also now that 10.2.1 is out publicly... is it possible to implement profile changes based on time of day? Ex. bedside mode at 10:30? I know it's been mentioned before, but I think 10.2.1 changes things here.

If the app had that stuff it would become a One Stop Shop for me, and I would pick it up for sure... I might even pay more for it. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Yes, wallpaper would be simple. We also going to switch it to long running service and driven by both time and location. We even consider to rename it to OnLocation&Time
    02-05-14 07:50 PM
    I started using this app yesterday and I have couple questions:
    1) how do you setup sending different texts to several recipients?. It seems you can only send one text per location unless you add that location twice or more on the app. Meaning you have to add one location per text. Is this wrong to do.

2) have you experienced high battery/memory usage due to location services being on? I sort of did yesterday but not sure if it was due to this. Does the amount of locations affect battery consumption?
    02-07-14 06:27 AM
    I started using this app yesterday and I have couple questions:
    1) how do you setup sending different texts to several recipients?. It seems you can only send one text per location unless you add that location twice or more on the app. Meaning you have to add one location per text. Is this wrong to do.

2) have you experienced high battery/memory usage due to location services being on? I sort of did yesterday but not sure if it was due to this. Does the amount of locations affect battery consumption?
    1) Just click Notification icon for particular location and edit Notification text
    2) OnLocation headless part does not use location services directly. It uses Blackberry geo-monitoring capability. Make sure that UI part (which does poll location periodically is closed).
    Please contact us at [email protected] with more questions and support.
    02-07-14 08:12 AM
    regarding #1. I don't understand what you mean. I wan to send two different texts when I get on that location. for instance, if I go to certain place, I want to send one text to my facebook (for a check in like :"@ williams park") and another text to a person I will see there: " I'm close"

regarding #2. I got my bluetooth messed up after installing this app. it does not find any of my bluetooth devices, even after uninstalling the app and restarting multiple times.

I'm trying to reinstall OS now.
    02-07-14 09:58 AM
    regarding #1. I don't understand what you mean. I wan to send two different texts when I get on that location. for instance, if I go to certain place, I want to send one text to my facebook (for a check in like :"@ williams park") and another text to a person I will see there: " I'm close"

regarding #2. I got my bluetooth messed up after installing this app. it does not find any of my bluetooth devices, even after uninstalling the app and restarting multiple times.

I'm trying to reinstall OS now.
    1) Sorry I misunderstood. Currently there is an option to send different message per location. We will be adding option to check in at facebook but it is not there yet.
    2)OnLocation uses only official public api to switch Bluetooth, I was not able to reproduce issue that you describe so far.

02-07-14 11:42 AM
    well, I reinstalled the OS and I bluetooth not working anymore....

it seems to be working fine again.
    Last edited by Granrey; 02-07-14 at 02:40 PM.
    02-07-14 12:54 PM
    1) Sorry I misunderstood. Currently there is an option to send different message per location. We will be adding option to check in at facebook but it is not there yet.
    2)OnLocation uses only official public api to switch Bluetooth, I was not able to reproduce issue that you describe so far.

Regarding #1.

What happens if i add a location twice and I put a SMS message on each. I tested and it seems to work fine. However, I wonder if that makes the phone go nuts on resources.
    02-07-14 02:42 PM
    Regarding #1.

What happens if i add a location twice and I put a SMS message on each. I tested and it seems to work fine. However, I wonder if that makes the phone go nuts on resources.
    Yes, it would work. It should not consume more resources. It is like adding one more location to monitor, I think
    02-07-14 03:50 PM
    I have not had further problems with the app. its working good.
    now I have a question. how do I change the radius?
    02-08-14 11:07 PM
    I have not had further problems with the app. its working good.
    now I have a question. how do I change the radius?
    Long press on location to get context menu, and then click 'Radius' menu item. This way you can change radius for previously added location. You can also change default radius for new locations at Options application menu.
    02-09-14 06:45 AM
    I just want to say couple things after installing the new official leak 10.2.1.2102.
    1) allow a way to backup the settings. I had to re-add all my locations, contacts and messages.
    2) now I'm getting notifications when I leave/enter a place. I don't think I was getting those before but I like it.
    3) is there a way to turn on/off the app? sometimes I don't know if the app is running.

I think the app is running better on this OS.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-15-14 09:05 PM
    I just want to say couple things after installing the new official leak 10.2.1.2102.
    1) allow a way to backup the settings. I had to re-add all my locations, contacts and messages.
    2) now I'm getting notifications when I leave/enter a place. I don't think I was getting those before but I like it.
    3) is there a way to turn on/off the app? sometimes I don't know if the app is running.

I think the app is running better on this OS.
    Dear Granrey,
    Thanks you for your feedback. We will add option to backup/restore as well as option to turn off/on geo-monitoring.
    02-15-14 09:46 PM
    you should also add foursquare conectivity for check ins.
    I currently send a text to fb for checkins through this app but we could be a bit more ambisious and do proper check ins like other aps do.
    02-15-14 11:02 PM
129 12345 ...