Saw this just now in BlackBerry World. Another true headless app? I haven't downloaded or tried it yet. Anybody that can verify it's headless? Some nifty features in the app description that I'm very interested in.

On location headless app?-img_00000007.png

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 06:38 AM
    Anybody that can verify it's headless? Some nifty features in the app description that I'm very interested in.
    Yes it is. OnLocation has UI part written in Cascades where you can configure you locations, contacts to notify, etc and headless service that use geomonitoring and sends notification, change profile, etc.
    11-27-13 05:30 PM
    It needs more publicity.
    11-27-13 09:26 PM
    Does it work well? How close to a LOCATION does it have to be? Within a block or precisely on the site? Can I input my doctors' addresses or gps coordinates and SILENCE the phone while on site?
    11-27-13 10:10 PM
    It needs more publicity.
    You are so right! I hope somebody from CrackBerry folks will notice...
    11-27-13 10:28 PM
    Does it work well? How close to a LOCATION does it have to be? Within a block or precisely on the site? Can I input my doctors' addresses or gps coordinates and SILENCE the phone while on site?
    It should not be very precise. For every location you can select different radius starting from 50 meters and higher. From my tests 50-100m is the best when we are talking about home, office, etc. Basically you can tune it. If it is something that you pass when driving (for example on Highway) then you better set radius as 1000m.
    11-27-13 10:32 PM
    This is getting more and more interesting. The texting part: instead of pure text, can it be set to send, for instance a BBM or perhaps another form of im?
    11-27-13 11:11 PM
    This is getting more and more interesting. The texting part: instead of pure text, can it be set to send, for instance a BBM or perhaps another form of im?
    We started with text/SMS as universal way of instant messaging. Currently BlackBerry does not allow 3rd party apps to generate BBMs. We will add emails most likely. Basically the idea to (as name tells that) to allow user to trigger different actions based on entering/leaving particular locations. Based on customers' feedback we will add more actions.
    11-27-13 11:50 PM
    It should not be very precise. For every location you can select different radius starting from 50 meters and higher. From my tests 50-100m is the best when we are talking about home, office, etc. Basically you can tune it. If it is something that you pass when driving (for example on Highway) then you better set radius as 1000m.
    How do you set the initial location? Does it provide a map you can pan/zoom, need gps coordinates or do you have to actually be at the location when setting that location?
    11-27-13 11:51 PM
    How do you set the initial location? Does it provide a map you can pan/zoom, need gps coordinates or do you have to actually be at the location when setting that location?
    You use standard PlacePicker (you can search by address or name of the place). You can also add your current location.
    On location headless app?-img_00000193.png
    11-28-13 08:15 AM
    Yes, you can. It is actually perfect use case for OnLocation.
    11-28-13 08:29 AM
    So, let me ask, with 10.2.0xxxxx, if I "close" the active frame, it will still be running/active and if I enter the radius for a location it will carry out "my orders!" (g)

The Settings screen, part of the text is cut off for "sms or hub" sliders. And can I seek clarification: I only want notice in the HUB so, I slide the sm(faded txt) to OFF. Besides, I do not have any txt allowances (is sms part of txt allowance?). I also, frankly, denied it most permissions since I only want to use it to change notification SOUNDS. At least, that is what I currently want.
    11-29-13 12:42 AM
    So, let me ask, with 10.2.0xxxxx, if I "close" the active frame, it will still be running/active and if I enter the radius for a location it will carry out "my orders!" (g)

The Settings screen, part of the text is cut off for "sms or hub" sliders. And can I seek clarification: I only want notice in the HUB so, I slide the sm(faded txt) to OFF. Besides, I do not have any txt allowances (is sms part of txt allowance?). I also, frankly, denied it most permissions since I only want to use it to change notification SOUNDS. At least, that is what I currently want.
    Yes, headless service is still running. It monitors location that you have set and takes actions according to your settings. From our tests (made in Toronto area using 10.2.0.429 OS) detection is often very quick but sometimes (for example when I leave home at the moment it takes up to 10 minutes to detect ).

Yes, you may disable both SMS/Text and HUB notifications. Also if you have not added any contacts to notify then SMS are not sent anyway. Sound profile change will still work.

For permissions, you need also allow running on background and location. Everything else should be optional.
    11-29-13 06:44 AM
    Yes, headless service is still running. It monitors location that you have set and takes actions according to your settings. From our tests (made in Toronto area using 10.2.0.429 OS) detection is often very quick but sometimes (for example when I leave home at the moment it takes up to 10 minutes to detect ).

Yes, you may disable both SMS/Text and HUB notifications. Also if you have not added any contacts to notify then SMS are not sent anyway. Sound profile change will still work.

For permissions, you need also allow running on background and location. Everything else should be optional.

Well, I may have set it up wrong but it did NOT work just now.

Settings/Permissions were
    location on,
    Background On and
    Shared Files On.

I had entered a direct address. I set to Vibrate at location and back to Normal on leaving. I closed the active frame. I drove there. It STAYED NORMAL. I opened the app and then it switched to Vibrate. I left it open during my appt and it showed in the Active Frame. I drove away. It never changed back to NORMAL. An hour later and miles away it is still on Vibrate. I've opened and closed it a few times now. Still on Vibrate.

Ideas?

Z10, Model 100-4
    OS version 10.2.0.1767
    11-29-13 12:13 PM
    Ideas?
    Can you please check that OnLocation service is still running. When you go to Setting/App Manager/Device Monitor/OnLocation, you are supposed to see graph for service (headless part that does actual geo-monitoring) like below:
    On location headless app?-img_00000145.png

can you please check that Location Services are on.
    and can you temporarily enable notification to Hub? This way we can know if geo-montoring does not happen (or happen with delay) or changing of sound profile does not happen as expected.
    11-29-13 01:14 PM
    Can you please check that OnLocation service is still running. When you go to Setting/App Manager/Device Monitor/OnLocation, you are supposed to see graph for service (headless part that does actual geo-monitoring) like below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000145.png 
Views:	1037 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	225398

can you please check that Location Services are on.
    and can you temporarily enable notification to Hub? This way we can know if geo-montoring does not happen (or happen with delay) or changing of sound profile does not happen as expected.
    I had to get a magnifying glass! Memory shows a spike.....

On location headless app?-img_00000200.jpg

PT was at 7:30 to about 8:45. I got there a bit early and left. Looked after about a 15 minute drive a few miles away. I did have the HUB on but don't believe I got any notices. It still shows as HUB on. Last night when I first ran and set it up, there was a notice but I don't know where it went. The text shown is "I have entered %loc" and then the Left %loc (defaults).

On location headless app?-img_00000202.jpg

If it works, at the moment, I am willing to leave it in an active frame. And appreciate the help. We could also take this private if you prefer.

By the way, just sitting, Both bbmaps and Mireo found my current position very quickly.
    11-29-13 03:17 PM
    We could also take this private if you prefer.
    Sure, thanks. Can you please email me at [email protected]?
    11-29-13 04:38 PM
    Just had the opportunity to use this properly for the first time today. I set it to go slilent when I got to my gym and the return to normal once I've left.
    It worked fine when I got there, but once back home 15 minutes later it was still on silent.
    12-01-13 11:48 AM
    Just had the opportunity to use this properly for the first time today. I set it to go slilent when I got to my gym and the return to normal once I've left.
    It worked fine when I got there, but once back home 15 minutes later it was still on silent.
    Thanks a lot for giving it a try. Current version of OnLocation has a bug, where notification change for "left" event is not applied. We already fixed it and it is part of upcoming upgrade (we are uploading it today to BlackBerry world). It will have some other improvements.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-01-13 12:57 PM
    Thanks a lot for giving it a try. Current version of OnLocation has a bug, where notification change for "left" event is not applied. We already fixed it and it is part of upcoming upgrade (we are uploading it today to BlackBerry world). It will have some other improvements.
    Good to know, I look forward to the update!
    12-01-13 01:18 PM
    Good to know, I look forward to the update!
    The OnLocation upgrade is available at BlackBerry world
    It resolves issue of "left location" notification profile change. It has other improvements:
    1) Additional way to add location (no dependency on BlackBerry Maps)
    2) Show location in both BlackBerry and Google Maps
    3) Show your current location coordinates on main application screen
    12-03-13 07:09 AM
    The OnLocation upgrade is available at BlackBerry world
    It resolves issue of "left location" notification profile change. It has other improvements:
    1) Additional way to add location (no dependency on BlackBerry Maps)
    2) Show location in both BlackBerry and Google Maps
    3) Show your current location coordinates on main application screen
    Just got the update now. I'm liking the ability to add locations based on coordinates. The app didn't pick up the address of my gym from the search so I had to use a neighbouring location and extend the range. This option should give me a better result! I'll let you know once I'm back from there this evening...
    macroberry likes this.
    12-03-13 11:09 AM
    Just got the update now. I'm liking the ability to add locations based on coordinates. The app didn't pick up the address of my gym from the search so I had to use a neighbouring location and extend the range. This option should give me a better result! I'll let you know once I'm back from there this evening...
    Thanks, have a great workout.
    12-03-13 11:23 AM
    So, bit of a mixed result. I deleted the prior entry for my gym and when I got to the entrance I got a lock on the coordinates and set a radius of 100m. I set the app to turn the phone silent on entry and normal on exit. I waited and saw the GPS icon come and go a couple of times but the phone stayed in Normal. I manually set it to Silent and went and did my thing.

I checked the phone once I was home and it was back on Normal, so I'm happy that works. I'm also happy to accept that I didn't wait long enough for it to go Silent or that it isn't going to work until it detects coming into a location I'd perviously set up, I'm back there on Thursday, so we'll see how it goes then....
    12-03-13 03:56 PM
    I deleted the prior entry for my gym and when I got to the entrance I got a lock on the coordinates and set a radius of 100m. I set the app to turn the phone silent on entry and normal on exit. I waited and saw the GPS icon come and go a couple of times but the phone stayed in Normal. I manually set it to Silent and went and did my thing.
    Thanks a lot for trying that. I think I know reason it did switch to silent and it is because detection of entrance happened instantly after you added your gym location (it normally happens instantly when you adding location that you are presently located at). At that moment your switching to silent has not been configured yet. You added it right after. Next time you come to gym it should work.
    12-03-13 04:20 PM
129 123 ...