Went to carphonewarehouse store and had a play with a black BB Z10.
    Went to phones4u store and had a play with a white BB Z10
    Went to EE store and had a play with a 4G BB Z10

I love them all
    I want RIM... BlackBerry to take my money BUT...
    I can't buy Z10 until I get a few apps that I use every single day
    And they are not available for Z10 as of today.
    And I want Z10 now!

Any advice would be appreciated
    I don't mind side loading , I don't mind alternatives as long as they do the job

The list:

1. OANDA fxTrade
    2. MetaTrader 4
    3. DroidGuard
    4. SugarSync
    5. any decent offline satnav app
    6. SIPdroid
    02-02-13 05:23 PM
    From your list I've only heard of SugarSync and DropBox is definitely a great alternative to it. Not to mention its integrated inside BB 10.
    02-02-13 05:32 PM
    I don't know what SIPdroid is specifically but I assume it is some sort of generic SIP VoIP softphone.

If so, I see an app called "Taki" that is also a SIP softphone for BB10.

I see 2 other apps in your list that look like Forex trading apps, looks like there is a version of OANDA fxTrade for Playbook which may work on BB10, you can also go to Blackberry World and use the search term "forex" to search for others, I did see some.
    Waqiuddin likes this.
    02-03-13 12:54 AM
    I use Dropbox, sugarsync is just better, more flexible

There's oanda trading platform for PB but its a droid port. I have tried it on my PB, its not reliable enough.

I'll test Taki, seems promising
    BThunderW likes this.
    02-03-13 04:34 AM
    i find the lack of major apps such skype and whatsapp a lil annoying.. cos i dont kno how long ill have to wait for them now
    02-03-13 04:49 AM
    I am not bothered about skype, netlfix, instagram etc
    I can wait

But I can't live without above apps and I am not prepared to carry two handsets with me all the time.
    I am guessing I could even wait for a satnav and sugarsync some time,
    but FX trading platform, reliable 3G SIP client and netguard (remote CCTV viewer) are a must

BB pleeeeease
    02-03-13 10:14 AM
    Navigation software with offline maps - ex. TomTom.
    Can't afford the data roaming charges once I cross from Canada to US, don't want to waste data when at home, or be left without any navigation when traveling out of cell range (which is most of Canada.)
    On my daily commute to work I can get traffic updates from my local radio station.
    02-03-13 11:45 AM
    i find the lack of major apps such skype and whatsapp a lil annoying.. cos i dont kno how long ill have to wait for them now
    My educated guess is that we're going to see all the "confirmed" major apps release by the time the Z10 goes on sale in the US. I could be wrong of course, but I think it would make a lot of sense.
    amjass12 likes this.
    02-03-13 11:48 AM
    Navigation software with offline maps - ex. TomTom. .
    I would pay for tomtom but its not available for BB10
    02-03-13 11:49 AM
    As I said in my other postings on different blog sites, they should have done it like Msoft. concentrate on 100 quality apps and launch with those. So they are 70000 craps, reviewers are having a field day. Who approves these craps anyway? I totally understand your dilemma, BB10 won't catch on until majority of current BB users can switch phones and enjoy their current apps on the new phones. Still no word on PB upgrade....
    Last edited by ciscobear; 02-03-13 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling mistake :)
    02-03-13 12:28 PM
    I am not a curret BB user, never had one.
    Symbian>iOS>Android2.3>WP>Android4.0

Own playbook though

Being tired of android I'd love to switch to Z10 but I just can't jump BB10 ship without a lifebuoy
    02-03-13 02:39 PM
    they should have done it like Msoft. concentrate on 100 quality apps and launch with those.
    Even with those "top 100" that can be easier said than done, when so many of your competitors have so much influence over the status of those apps, because they are trying to take your customers.

For example, there is some rumor that Microsoft is trying to block Instagram from being released for BB10 (see below), and you'd better believe that companies like Google are playing hardball when it comes to either offering their apps/products on BB10 (Google Calendar, Google+, Maps, Google Voice, etc etc) or strong-arming apps developers they have influence over to avoid BB10.

Exclusive: Microsoft Betrays BlackBerry as Battle to Become #3 Mobile OS Officially Kicks Off | The Gadget Masters
    eddy_berry likes this.
    02-03-13 05:08 PM
    Playcloud looks like something you might want
    mzconsulting likes this.
    02-03-13 06:51 PM
    My problem is moving from my 9900 to Z10 and be left with my pants down. This is 2013, coming soon won't work. I paid a premium for a 64GB and waited faithfully, can't make these guys rich while we wait. They need to do much better. Again where is this list of 1000 apps from around the world that are so great?
    02-03-13 07:11 PM
    Who has heard of any of these ads?
    You are only going to see these if BB develops the long tail that comes from a large user base and years of experience
    02-03-13 07:27 PM
    Google Voice: can this be sideloaded???
    02-04-13 12:06 PM
    Who has heard of any of these ads?
    You are only going to see these if BB develops the long tail that comes from a large user base and years of experience
    Are you asking me?

The most popular FX trading platform in the world?
    Arguably the best syncing service in the world
    The Best Way to Store Stuff in the Cloud

offline navigation eg Nokia Drive, TomTom,

I guess a few guys have heard about it before
    02-04-13 01:34 PM
    Sugarsync is sweet, much prefer it over dropbox.
    02-04-13 02:37 PM
    My suggestion would be to try them out on the browser, or port them from android. I know, not ideal, but it could work.
    02-04-13 03:55 PM
    Google Voice: can this be sideloaded???
    I would suggest you check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...3-bars-689706/
    02-04-13 04:37 PM
    I am not bothered about skype, netlfix, instagram etc
    I can wait

But I can't live without above apps and I am not prepared to carry two handsets with me all the time.
    I am guessing I could even wait for a satnav and sugarsync some time,
    but FX trading platform, reliable 3G SIP client and netguard (remote CCTV viewer) are a must

BB pleeeeease
    Please write the publishers and let them know there's a need. Sometimes that's the only thing that gets them moving.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    02-04-13 04:50 PM
    I use Dropbox, sugarsync is just better, more flexible

There's oanda trading platform for PB but its a droid port. I have tried it on my PB, its not reliable enough.

I'll test Taki, seems promising
    Files & Folders for PlayBook is excellent. I know the developer has a BB10 version awaiting approval and I BELIEVE it would include both SugarSync and SkyDrive support.
    02-04-13 04:52 PM
    Please write the publishers and let them know there's a need. Sometimes that's the only thing that gets them moving.
    A very good idea; I just send Amazon a note on when the Kindle reader will be available. That was one of the ones announced at launch.
    02-04-13 04:58 PM
    Sugarsync can be be accessed via playcloud app, check this out

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-751557/
    02-04-13 05:06 PM
    I really want a youtube app
    02-05-13 02:35 AM
65 123