Remember and Tasker and other such apps I use on my Z10 and Q10 just don't fit the bill like legacy Tasks and Memo pad. Any apps out there that are identical or almost identical to legacy Tasks and Memo pad that I can use for My BB10's ? I have been using the new BBZ/Q10 since day one hoping Tasks and Memo pad as in legacy would appear.
    02-18-14 07:36 AM
    There are no plans for that, but I am curious, what is it you dislike? I find remember to be on pair (if not better) on both accounts.

Still, there are plenty of to do apps on BlackBerry World. Take your pick and taks away!
    02-18-14 07:45 AM
    BlackBerry Tasks & Memo are absolutely amazing and powerful little apps that are unmatched in any offerings I've tried out in brief moments of playing with BB10 (I'm still rocking my Bold 9900)

I use recurring tasks and categories to keep track of EVERYTHING.

My tasks are backed up with BlackBerry Protect since it's that embedded in BBOS7. When I switched from my Torch 9800 to my Bold 9900, the transition was subsequently seamless.

Regarding recurring tasks: unlike recurring calendar appointments, tasks only show the next instance of the task in the calendar. The repeating instance isn't set up until you 'mark completed' the task in question at which point the task reschedules itself for X days, weeks or months after the due date.

My calendar is thus filled with my tasks for the next couple weeks, but if i look at six months in the future, it's not full of all the stuff i don't need to worry about until the time comes.

Some examples:
    I call my grandma, mom, dad, siblings and friends on their birthdays and have tasks for that.
    I pay monthly bills on specific dates, extra loan payments, etc.
    In the summer I'll set a task to mow my lawn every 5 days, water it every 8 days.
    I change the battery in my smoke detector and change the furnace filter on 6 and 4 month intervals.
    the list goes on, and on, and on. i literally have hundreds of tasks but the 'due' ones are always at the top of the list because I arrange by date.

In addition to that, I use the tasks to organize my work life. My job in marketing is extremely deadline oriented and it's fantastic to have a task list that's so integrated into every facet of my BB.

Personally, I don't have time nor patience to be messing about with apps. My Bold 9900 came out of the box as the perfect phone other than the hiccups in BBOS7 which are getting worse with age.

My $0.02
    FrozenPancakes
    flyingsolid likes this.
    03-07-14 03:40 PM
    MemoPad - Memo Pad - BlackBerry World

I have not found a task app yet like the 9900 as I used the recurring ones too to remind me to pay bills and such.
    03-07-14 03:57 PM
    Just to be completely clear: I am waiting to see this functionality restored on BB10 before I dare migrate. If there are no such plans in the works to implement this, I don't know why I would stick with BlackBerry. Google is well known for terminating functional services (reader being a prime example) that only serve a small percentile of users. If BBRY is going to be every bit as callous, then I don't know why I'd depend on them for my productivity... and I suppose I'd be forced to switch to a platform that I can trust will have a reasonable quality app to do what my phone did out of the box 4 years ago.
    03-07-14 07:28 PM
    I had well over 20 legacy devices and rely heavily on task and the calendar. I can't imagine going back to BBOS after 10.2. Everything is now integrated into the OS calendar and task via Remember. And many 3rd party task and memo apps also integrate with Remember.
    03-09-14 12:19 AM
    I had well over 20 legacy devices and rely heavily on task and the calendar. I can't imagine going back to BBOS after 10.2. Everything is now integrated into the OS calendar and task via Remember. And many 3rd party task and memo apps also integrate with Remember.
    Is Remember an app?
    03-10-14 07:39 AM