I have poured over the threads on Hub++, Power Tools and BeBuzz and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I bought all three of these apps. Installed one at a time, painstakingly configured them according to the documentation and forum threads. Upgrade the phone to 10.2.1. And everyone runs fine for a little while and then stops and doesn't stay headless. The issues really seemed to appear on 10.2.1.2156. Any ideas on my next steps would be greatly appreciated by a very confused BB10 users.

Thanks in advanced for any ideas.
    04-02-14 12:21 PM
    Try a device reset first.
    Hold down top key. Ignore onscreen options to Restart. Don't release top key until after red LED flashes on then off.

Also, have you checked you have absolutely all Permissions allowed for each. Is there one you maybe turned off because it didn't sound relevant?
    04-02-14 12:25 PM
    LOL.... because of the issues I now know more about the difference in permission than I ever thought I would about anything. I have checked them over and over again.

On the device reset...is the reset by holding down the top key basically the same as pulling the battery? Secondly, how does it differ from the restart? I assumed the restart was like pulling the battery. I know what happens when I assume, but it is too late to change.

Thanks for the response above, I appreciate it.
    04-02-14 01:38 PM
    LOL.... because of the issues I now know more about the difference in permission than I ever thought I would about anything. I have checked them over and over again.

On the device reset...is the reset by holding down the top key basically the same as pulling the battery? Secondly, how does it differ from the restart? I assumed the restart was like pulling the battery. I know what happens when I assume, but it is too late to change.

Thanks for the response above, I appreciate it.
    Never EVER pull the battery on a BB10 device.
    Reset as Elite1 has suggested.
    Pulling the battery can do irreparable harm to your phone.
    04-02-14 01:53 PM
    I have not heard that you shouldn't do a battery pull on a BB10 device. Thanks for the heads up. One question, what/why/how does a physical battery pull on a BB10 device bad for it? I am trying to learn and not questioning anyone expertise.
    04-03-14 12:16 PM
    Never EVER pull the battery on a BB10 device.
    Reset as Elite1 has suggested.
    Pulling the battery can do irreparable harm to your phone.
    This worries me. I phoned T mobile tech support because they not letting me connect to the Internet for about 8 days. The rep told me "pull out the battery without turning the phone off " phone has been weird since....
    04-03-14 02:10 PM
    This worries me. I phoned T mobile tech support because they not letting me connect to the Internet for about 8 days. The rep told me "pull out the battery without turning the phone off " phone has been weird since....
    T-Mobile is basically BlackBerry-hostile nowadays, I would be leery of trying to get BlackBerry tech-support from them at this point.

BlackBerry reps themselves have been known to sometimes suggest a battery pull on BB10 devices but honestly I think it's bad advice because I think there are times that it will cause data corruption or data loss.

Consider the fact that all the newest BlackBerry devices have non-removable batteries. Obviously if the design engineers thought it was so important for users to be able to pull the battery they wouldn't have designed all the new hardware with non-removable batteries.

As far as I'm concerned, the ONLY time someone should attempt to pull the battery on a BB10 device is if the power button is absolutely unresponsive to even a 30 second held push. I think you will find such cases to be extremely rare.
    04-07-14 03:01 AM
    As for the headless notification apps, all the developers are having reliability problems with them so far.

I think part of the problem are developers' unfamiliarity with how to optimize and debug headless apps on BB10, the other part of the problem are OS bugs wrt to headless and notifications support for 3rd-party apps.

For example, I have heard that different OS builds often have radically different behavior in that respect, making it very hard for developers to distinguish sometimes between app bugs and OS build idiosyncracies.
    04-07-14 03:07 AM
    I have poured over the threads on Hub++, Power Tools and BeBuzz and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I bought all three of these apps. Installed one at a time, painstakingly configured them according to the documentation and forum threads. Upgrade the phone to 10.2.1. And everyone runs fine for a little while and then stops and doesn't stay headless. The issues really seemed to appear on 10.2.1.2156. Any ideas on my next steps would be greatly appreciated by a very confused BB10 users.

Thanks in advanced for any ideas.
    Please check if the headless service is running in the Device Monitor. There seems to be also a known issue where headless service stops after doing a backup using BlackBerry Link.
    04-07-14 12:03 PM
    There seems to be also a known issue where headless service stops after doing a backup using BlackBerry Link.
    Noted that yesterday after doing a backup. Add updating some apps can be a problem too. Restarts has solved this each time though.
    04-08-14 09:13 AM