i like the standard media player action of displaying a large thumbnail/album art when a file/track/episode is played. so for bPod, could pressing Play then automatically open to the Info tab, not stay on the Playlist? (slightly) larger Play/Pause and navigation buttons could be used on this screen, if so.
    Great idea! I think I'll move the play controls to the info page from the playlist in the next release, it would certainly declutter and make it way more usable for the q10/5 users out there.

i tried to use the Bookmarks feature once, but i have delete-after-listening set, so it all went away. would it get too weird in the code to override auto-delete of an episode if it is bookmarked?
    No at all. I think what I'll do for this is post a dialog asking for confirmation before deleting a podcast with bookmarks in all cases (not just when you're done listening to it).

Eric
    penk and Dr Remulak like this.
    02-04-14 10:48 AM
    Hi there,

That URL isn't really a podcast feed so there isn't much I can do with it, sorry.

I did add a text deliminter a couple releases ago, have you updated recently?

As for sharing, you can long press on a channel or episode to show a 'side menu' that permits you to share the URL with a contact. You can also go into the settings and backup your podcast database which can also be shared with another bPod user, there isn't however the capability to export all your subscriptions to an ompl/XML file that would be human readable. I might consider implementing this is the demand is there.

Eric
    You added the delimiters between different feeds, but when you are looking at the choice of podcasts, there is no delimiter.

I got the share feature to work just fine. Here is a feed that doesn't look clean:

A podcast channel has been shared with you via bPod for Blackberry:
    KQED-FM: KQED's Forum Podcast
    http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510075

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 11:30 AM
    You added the delimiters between different feeds, but when you are looking at the choice of podcasts, there is no delimiter.

I got the share feature to work just fine. Here is a feed that doesn't look clean:

A podcast channel has been shared with you via bPod for Blackberry:

Posted via CB10
    You're right, I'll add delimiters to the playlist items for the next release.

Can you elaborate on 'doesn't look clean'? I just subscribed to that podcast using 1.22 and it seems to work well.
    02-04-14 12:33 PM
    I think you could streamline and improve the ui a lot. For instance

Latest bPod (podcast app) upgrade kicks ****-img_20140204_195338.png

More space around items, high quality avatar etc

Latest bPod (podcast app) upgrade kicks ****-img_20140204_195357.png

You really need a way to differentiate between both episodes be maybe a delimiter ( not sure that's the best way) and also the title and the episode blurb. For instance the title font should maybe be bigger and the episode text smaller.

Finally the same problem exists for when you search for an episode. Nothing is clear or defined, and you don't know when a podcast entry ends and begins

Latest bPod (podcast app) upgrade kicks ****-img_20140204_195422.png
    02-04-14 01:59 PM
    You're right, I'll add delimiters to the playlist items for the next release.

Can you elaborate on 'doesn't look clean'? I just subscribed to that podcast using 1.22 and it seems to work well.
    Doesn't look clean is my way of saying it could use delimiters. ;-) It works fine. The lack of delimiters occasionally causes pilot error on my part. That is, I click on a podcast that I didn't want to download.

There are feeds where I listen to every episode. Then there are feeds where I pick and choose.

Not that I can easily share feed URLs, I'm going to annoy my iPhone owning friends by sending RSS and XML feeds. This will ween them off of iTunes. That is the first step to freedom!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 08:17 PM
    I think you could streamline and improve the ui a lot. For instance
    More space around items, high quality avatar etc
    I agree about the images, I'll increase the resolution so they look nicer. I'm not sure what you mean by more space around items? I'm challenged with fitting as much as possible is an already very small space. I'd be interested in your suggestions though.

You really need a way to differentiate between both episodes be maybe a delimiter ( not sure that's the best way) and also the title and the episode blurb. For instance the title font should maybe be bigger and the episode text smaller.
    This is already in for the channel list and the episode list, the next release will include it in the playlist and gpodder search results. I'll also play around with the fonts.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I'll implement your suggestions for 1.23.
    02-05-14 09:35 AM
    It just sometimes looks a bit messy. I might be in the minority here but I like the way nobex implements this, very neat and tidy, not too much information, but it is available easily by long press and i.

It's almost like bpod tries to cram in too much when the space could be used more intelligently. Here are some screens to illustrate what I mean. Thanks for listening though. Cheers.

Latest bPod (podcast app) upgrade kicks ****-img_20140205_201357.png

Latest bPod (podcast app) upgrade kicks ****-img_20140205_201401.png

Latest bPod (podcast app) upgrade kicks ****-img_20140205_201412.png
    02-05-14 02:17 PM
    I don't like the abbreviated way Nobex lists the episode data. Now I can see value in hiding the data that describes the podcast feed since you wouldn't have subscribed in the first place if you didn't know what the feed was about.

Maybe the data describing the feed can be set up so that it is only shown after a long press. Some of the icons for feeds are poorly done, so I would still display the title of the feed, just not the description.

The description of the individual episode is useful if it is a podcast where you may not like every episode.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:29 PM
    I see the delimiter lines have appeared in the latest rev. Very nice.

I suppose all that is left is video, presuming you want to go that far. I just use bPod to download the video, and depending on what I am doing, I just let the app play the audio portion of the video, or I go to the file manager and watch the video.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 02:38 AM
    I see the delimiter lines have appeared in the latest rev. Very nice.

I suppose all that is left is video, presuming you want to go that far. I just use bPod to download the video, and depending on what I am doing, I just let the app play the audio portion of the video, or I go to the file manager and watch the video.

Posted via CB10
    Video is in the works (next release or the one after). Grid view is already implemented for the channel listing and delimiters for search results and playlist are in. The next release is going to look a little better I think. Thanks for all your ideas.
    Lendo likes this.
    02-06-14 01:54 PM
    No thank you for trying to put together a great podcasting app for BlackBerry 10. Looking forward to the update and onward streamlining a good backend.
    penk likes this.
    02-06-14 04:32 PM
    The reason I don't like all data in the podcast list is because when you have a lot of podcasts it's a pain to have to scroll down through them.

If I've already subscribed to a podcast i don't need the description there in front of me because I already know what podcast is about. I'm talking about podcasts here, not specific episodes.

It's nice to get to the description but I feel it would be better to do so in a long press > info type of way.

Now I realise this problem would be solved by the grid view that you're implementing but I would love the option for a simple list view as well.

Thanks.
    02-07-14 09:07 AM
    The reason I don't like all data in the podcast list is because when you have a lot of podcasts it's a pain to have to scroll down through them.

If I've already subscribed to a podcast i don't need the description there in front of me because I already know what podcast is about. I'm talking about podcasts here, not specific episodes.

It's nice to get to the description but I feel it would be better to do so in a long press > info type of way.

Now I realise this problem would be solved by the grid view that you're implementing but I would love the option for a simple list view as well.

Thanks.
    Oops, I've just found q10 mode in the settings!
    02-07-14 10:01 AM
    My one feature request would be to add podcast limits.... instead of auto deleting listened podcasts, I would much prefer to be able to set something like (max 5 episodes per feed) which get auto managed... thats the only feature im missing from pocket casts

also the music controls seem to skip podcast next and back... there should be a way for them to switch to seek within a podcast...
    Last edited by danial.aw; 02-09-14 at 05:18 PM.
    02-09-14 03:49 PM
    Also new episodes of subscriptions seems to handle a lot better on nobex. I get updates telling me of new episodes.

With bpod I have to update all within the app and then wait a bit while the app updates all the subscriptions including rescanning of episodes that already exist.
    02-09-14 05:37 PM
    Nobex puts the feeds on their own server. That is how they can stream them. I presume they have a content distribution system or lease one.

At least that is how I remember Nobex working. IIRC, if you try to "share" an episode with Nobex, the link goes back to their server.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:29 PM
    My one feature request would be to add podcast limits.... instead of auto deleting listened podcasts, I would much prefer to be able to set something like (max 5 episodes per feed) which get auto managed... thats the only feature im missing from pocket casts
    +1!
    02-10-14 10:16 AM
    Official bPod thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=904608

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    02-12-14 01:52 PM
43 12