So, I came across a big that was introduced with the latest BBM update. BlackBerry decided to overhaul the layout of Groups. Well, they broke the 'Save As' function in the process. Now if you try to save a photo from a group post, the gets saved without the file extension. Meaning you have to know what the ext is and add it via file manager.

Way to go BlackBerry. Break something that was working just fine. Should have focused on keeping Blend and left BBM Groups alone. Is there anyone at BlackBerry that actually live in the real world?

Update: This is happening on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by VanAwful; 08-09-16 at 05:19 AM.
    08-08-16 10:42 PM
    Seems like you save a lot of photos from your groups as this has you pretty upset. Anyways, not sure what you means but saved a photo now from a group and it have a jpg file extension. What do you mean?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-08-16 10:47 PM
    Seems like you save a lot of photos from your groups as this has you pretty upset. Anyways, not sure what you means but saved a photo now from a group and it have a jpg file extension. What do you mean?

On bb10 you can't save photo anymore without manually add extension like jpg
    08-08-16 10:51 PM
    On bb10 you can't save photo anymore without manually add extension like jpg
    Ahhh I'm on the Priv. So no video cross platform, video file sharing still limited to 16 MB and now this. Starting to wonder if BB10 BBM is even a priority for BlackBerry.

08-08-16 10:53 PM
    Ahhh I'm on the Priv. So no video cross platform, video file sharing still limited to 16 MB and now this. Starting to wonder if BB10 BBM is even a priority for BlackBerry.

Yep I'm on the Priv too.. I know from my friends encounter the bug
    08-08-16 10:56 PM

Yup, just another instance of BlackBerry screw up. BB10 becomes less usable with these kind of updates.

And yes, I am upset. I use groups a lot and at times I want to save a photo someone in the group has up loaded. What is most upsetting is that the update broke something that had been working.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 05:17 AM
    Now if you try to save a photo from a group post, the gets saved without the file extension. Meaning you have to know what the ext is and add it via file manager.
    At least bbm saves the photos in a dedicated folder.

A classic post via cb10
    08-09-16 03:20 PM