I agree that there are a lot if low value apps out there, but having had an android and an iphone I can also say its not limited to the BB environment.

However, regarding apps in general, I kind of feel like sometimes people get hung-up on the idea that they're essential. I do have a few apps that I use regularly, but I don't need nor want an app for everything that I do. In most cases the mobile version of websites delivers the functionality that I want. just my two cents.
    03-15-13 07:26 PM
    Kobo and Zinio can both be sideloaded and reportedly work well on the Z10. Not necessarily what some people want to hear but it fills the gap until, if ever, native apps arrive.
    Can someone point me to instructions on side loading? I'm not a power user like others around here ;-) thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:12 AM
    I agree that there are a lot if low value apps out there, but having had an android and an iphone I can also say its not limited to the BB environment.

However, regarding apps in general, I kind of feel like sometimes people get hung-up on the idea that they're essential. I do have a few apps that I use regularly, but I don't need nor want an app for everything that I do. In most cases the mobile version of websites delivers the functionality that I want. just my two cents.
    Good point, but the ones I am been asking for are the "common" ones that the folks who use our competitors products here in the USA already have i.e. eBay, Craigslist, Navigation and Banking apps. I am not saying the BB world should be flooded with a bunch af useless apps like the other guys, but just have a few in place that would lure folks over to give the new Blackberry z10 a try.

I am here to stay in the BB World and I can wait for them, but here in the USA, it's a different mentality when it comes to whats available in the app market and it's going to be hard to change folks way of thinking. Just watch the iPhone commercials here when they use they're famous quote "can you phone do that". Only time will tell.
    03-16-13 06:57 AM
    Hi everyone I'm Joe from netflix and we're making an app for BB10. Please publish this as a news story based on me just saying it's true. Thanks! :thumbup:
    JamesPtheNerd likes this.
    03-16-13 07:24 PM
    Hi everyone I'm Joe from netflix and we're making an app for BB10. Please publish this as a news story based on me just saying it's true. Thanks! :thumbup:
    Die in a fire Troll... then make me that app.

GIVE ME NETFLIX!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 10:27 PM
    Good point, but the ones I am been asking for are the "common" ones that the folks who use our competitors products here in the USA already have i.e. eBay, Craigslist, Navigation and Banking apps. I am not saying the BB world should be flooded with a bunch af useless apps like the other guys, but just have a few in place that would lure folks over to give the new Blackberry z10 a try.

I am here to stay in the BB World and I can wait for them, but here in the USA, it's a different mentality when it comes to whats available in the app market and it's going to be hard to change folks way of thinking. Just watch the iPhone commercials here when they use they're famous quote "can you phone do that". Only time will tell.
    Am with you. I don't like the senseless apps in BB World too. I too think it's important to get the big anchor apps in - the apps that truly matter and keep the crap out.
    03-16-13 10:38 PM
    Good points about the importance of luring new users with the big apps and I too would like to see some of the low quality filtered out...Perhaps there needs to be a way of flagging apps for BlackBerry to review to see that they meet some minimum quality standards.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 04:21 PM
    Has anyone tried to search the word "Learn " in app world?

Interesting finds i was pretty happy with

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    03-18-13 04:35 PM
    Yay, I don't need to make my own app for this!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 05:08 PM
    Good points about the importance of luring new users with the big apps and I too would like to see some of the low quality filtered out...Perhaps there needs to be a way of flagging apps for BlackBerry to review to see that they meet some minimum quality standards. Posted via CB10
    Flagging can then be abused. There are downsides to it besides the benefits.
    03-18-13 05:24 PM
    Why is using a browser unacceptable? How many apps do you download on your home computer to access online material instead of going to the browser? None.

How do you pressure a company to write an app?

NEW CUSTOMERS like yourself are brainwashed into thinking that apps are the only way to do stuff. I was able to use shot tracker on my Z10 and it worked great.
    Thats why the lacks of apps...if ur going to use the browser instead of an app why does App World exist then? I dont see your point though (people like you) thinking like that, it is just so old. If i want to be in contact through an app ill get ios or android because friends have those (cross platform apps) which i dont get why BB10 still slow today.
    03-19-13 06:30 AM
    Am with you. I don't like the senseless apps in BB World too. I too think it's important to get the big anchor apps in - the apps that truly matter and keep the crap out.
    easy on rating apps as crap or non crap There are many people who consider Instagram as a crap (myself included) and yet we have countless number of threads crying for it. On the other hand, take a small app, say Clip Man, which is extremely useful if you work with a lot of text. We need all apps that developers can create and then natural selection will do the rest
    tg1 and QtHelex like this.
    03-19-13 08:44 AM
    I want the Rogers voice to text app that I am paying for but can't use in the 10.
    TD app would be appreciated as well, can't wait for that.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 09:06 PM
    I want the Rogers voice to text app that I am paying for but can't use in the 10.
    TD app would be appreciated as well, can't wait for that.

Posted via CB10
    Isnt this built in the phone already??? I can send txt email bbm whatever using the built in siri like function.

Also from anywhere the keyboard has a mic button if you hold the (.) button

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    03-21-13 10:31 PM
    Isnt this built in the phone already??? I can send txt email bbm whatever using the built in siri like function.

Also from anywhere the keyboard has a mic button if you hold the (.) button

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    I also can "Voice to text Message" with my Z10, and it's on Rogers.

From Z to U via CB10
    03-21-13 10:45 PM
    So let me get this straight I can get a sex position scanner on BlackBerry world but I can't get a decent... more than 3 stars business card scanner. Is it me or does BlackBerry need to check their quality of apps? Like really?! Maybe I think I have a pretty good handle on my sex positions and don't really need a scanner for that. But as a business person I really would like a good OCR scanner that will put business cards information into my MS Office 365 contacts. PLEASE!!!! Thanks.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    robitaille93 likes this.
    04-24-13 12:40 AM
    Does anyone know of a good Business Card scanner that can be side loaded on a Z10 that works well. Looking for options and ideas. Thanks.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    04-24-13 12:42 AM
    Anyone heard anything new on The business app front. Just talking to a buddy of mine and he was showing off the Square Up app that takes Visa. Checking the website only good old Android and iOS. Could this be side loaded?

Posted by my awesome Z10
    05-07-13 01:34 PM
    Anyone heard anything new on The business app front. Just talking to a buddy of mine and he was showing off the Square Up app that takes Visa. Checking the website only good old Android and iOS. Could this be side loaded?

Posted by my awesome Z10
    Yes, Square can be side loaded and does work with the reader.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 02:06 PM
    Thanks!

Posted by my awesome Z10
    05-07-13 07:16 PM
    Any news on any new real apps coming to the market? All I see are games being released. No Zinio, no Kobo, no banking apps, no real drawing apps that as a consultant I can draw a quick sketch and share with a team of consultants. No business card scanner. For entertainment no Shazam. Anyone want to add to the list? Am I missing something. I'm not like a lot of you. I've never side loaded. I figured that these apps would come to the OS10 once the Q10 was released. Heck, I thought a lot of these apps would have been announced at BlackBerry Live. But no such luck. Thanks.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    05-27-13 10:43 AM
146 ... 456