I love my new Z10 but the lack o apps is a bit frustrating! I switched from BlackBerry 9900 on which important apps such as my TD Canada Trust, MyFitnessPal Yellow Pages Canada..etc was available!None are available on Z10 .....

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:23 AM
    Completly agree. Had this phone for just over a month now thinking the big app wouldn't take long to come out.
    Its appauling really the phone is so buggy and has missing features compared to my old bold 9700. I cant really reccomend this phone to anybody. Feels like a unfinshed phone tbh. Selling to put towards a Gallexy s4 100%
    03-13-13 06:30 AM
    Only one I'm missing is BlackBerry travel, Skype will be a bonus.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-13-13 06:31 AM
    I love my new Z10 but the lack o apps is a bit frustrating! I switched from BlackBerry 9900 on which important apps such as my TD Canada Trust, MyFitnessPal Yellow Pages Canada..etc was available!None are available on Z10 .....

Posted via CB10
    CIBC and PGATour doesn't have apps either, so I just used the browser on the Z10. No loss.
    03-13-13 06:46 AM
    Hi jjamesbodn. My name's Chris and I work for TD. Hope you don't mind me jumping in. We are working on a TD Mobile App for BB10 and it's in QA right now. We don't have an ETA on the release date, but please be assured it's coming. Have a great day!
    03-13-13 07:48 AM
    I am a former Apple and Android user who came over to the BB world and I am shocked to see some of the basic popular apps do not exist in the OS10 BB World i.e. eBay, Craigslist, Golf Channel and the PGA Tour????? Forget about going to the website using the browser, thats unacceptable in 2013.

I do not understand why Blackberry itself is not pressuring some of the major developers to produce these apps which have become common apps on every other platform. Remember, we are trying to get NEW CUSTOMERS and this is not a good start.
    robitaille93, Btop and DanielLui1 like this.
    03-13-13 08:01 AM
    I am a former Apple and Android user who came over to the BB world and I am shocked to see some of the basic popular apps do not exist in the OS10 BB World i.e. eBay, Craigslist, Golf Channel and the PGA Tour????? Forget about going to the website using the browser, thats unacceptable in 2013.

I do not understand why Blackberry itself is not pressuring some of the major developers to produce these apps which have become common apps on every other platform. Remember, we are trying to get NEW CUSTOMERS and this is not a good start.
    Why is using a browser unacceptable? How many apps do you download on your home computer to access online material instead of going to the browser? None.

How do you pressure a company to write an app?

NEW CUSTOMERS like yourself are brainwashed into thinking that apps are the only way to do stuff. I was able to use shot tracker on my Z10 and it worked great.
    03-13-13 08:08 AM
    And OLD customers (who joined here a whole year ago) are brainwashed (or koolaid-washed) into believing that everything BlackBerry branded is just wonderful and missing apps are not important unless YOU are missing the apps.

So narrow-minded.

I thought BlackBerry had a whole developer relationships group. Pressure them!
    03-13-13 08:10 AM
    BlackBerry shouldn't pressure third party developers... it should be the other way around i.e. convincing and giving them profitable reasons why they should develop or create BB10 version of their apps and games...

They should collaborate with them in most possible harmonious ways...

Posted via Z10
    03-13-13 08:13 AM
    Agreed. Launched with 70000 apps, but like 69990 of them are useless. And then the 10 premium ones like Facebook, Twitter, foursquare, LinkedIn are all buggy. I've been noticing they all don't update well and don't have proper settings like on the Android version.

I'm trying to like this phone, but like you said, it's extremely frustrating.

The browser is good and the full version sites are okay.. but I've started to notice the browser locks up if it's been an active frame for a while. You need to close it and then reopen it.

only had the phone for 5 days and am considering going back to the Galaxy S3...

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 08:15 AM
    Another "lack of apps" thread? Must be a rather slow day....
    03-13-13 08:19 AM
    BlackBerry should wake Up. If they don't get the key apps in they will be looking for a buyer very soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 08:23 AM
    I must be in the minority who watch feeds and twitter and see new high quality apps being added daily with a large number also being announced. I can't even buy the device here in Australia yet and I've seen most of the major categories that I look for apps in either providing a great app or one on the way.

This is a first gen device with one OS update so far.
    I'll be one of the first in line when Telstra starts shipping here.
    dble07, Thunderbuck and Dapper37 like this.
    03-13-13 08:47 AM
    Why is using a browser unacceptable? How many apps do you download on your home computer to access online material instead of going to the browser? None.

How do you pressure a company to write an app?

NEW CUSTOMERS like yourself are brainwashed into thinking that apps are the only way to do stuff. I was able to use shot tracker on my Z10 and it worked great.

First all you took the point the wrong way, Apple and Abdroid are embedded into the phone culture and you are going to have to have something worth getting them to come to Blackberry. At the least have the common apps they familier with using.

This is not about how the old Blackberry system used to be, this is about the new way of doing things in 2013 and it better have some of the things the three other major competitors have. I should NOT have used the word "pressure" and I apologize if I offended anyone, what I meant to say that they should be asking these companies to help support they're effort in getting this new OS10 off to a good start and help develop some of these apps.

I am a former BB user who has come back and these are the issues people who have seen my Z10 and played with have asked about and that is what is going to make the product successfull. Like I said, it's just my opinion.
    03-13-13 09:07 AM
    I do not have a Z10 yet but I am seriously considering switching from my iPhone 4S - I was a former BB owner. However, I have to say that this App issue is a valid point of concern and I agree with the OP, to some extent. I don't really care about JetPack Joyride or Angry Birds, I play games rarely and when I do its for about a couple of minutes until I get bored. However, I do care about banking/brokerage (Bank of America/Etrade) and travel (American Airlines and Delta) apps. In my opinion I think for a business-targeted phone to not have these type of Apps available could potentially be a major failing for BBRY. Have you noticed on CB all we seem to be seeing are video reviews of just various games no serious grown-up apps - and the BB die hards call the iPhone a toy, hmm. One can argue that you can just use the mobile sites but these mobile sites are often clunky and the user experience and functionality is significantly less as compared with the corresponding Apps. For example, depositing a check by taking a picture of the check with your phone is not available on the mobile site but it is with the App. So as much as I really want to jump the iPhone4S ship to Z10 I think I will wait and see how things play out.
    03-13-13 09:18 AM
    A this is the sad part. The OS is amazing and Blackberry really did a good job with the phone, but without the key apps this phone is done...

I know that it is not completely Blackberry's fault if some app developers do not want to commit to BB, but I think they should do more. Even if they have to pay the developers. Paying 2M+ per app for apps like Netflix, Zite, Instagram, Google Maps will go a longer way than any advertising.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:23 AM
    The major "App Makers" are being, you know, taken care of by the Google and Fruit companies that produce glorified app launcher devices.. Blackberry is a communication device mainly for business users who don't give a turkey about playing freakin Frogger or some other silly time wasting app telling their friends where the **** they are every 10 minutes or uploading some lame picture you took of your ugly dog. If the app makers don't want to earn a coin by porting their apps to BB, it's their own stupidity not Blackberry. BTW, ROLL TIDE!
    The_Big, bb10_fan and QtHelex like this.
    03-13-13 09:29 AM
    [QUOTE=Bluenoser63;8117421]Why is using a browser unacceptable? How many apps do you download on your home computer to access online material instead of going to the browser? None.

Here is a example of why the browser method will not work and the apps has these functions built into it;

When I use the eBay app on my iPhone5, I can input tracking information to my customer right from the eBay app and actually scan the barcode on the package with the phone and it puts the number in automaticity. You cannot do this from the browser.

Remember, these are no longer just phones and devices used to surf the web, they are tools people use everyday. If I was going to buy a new product and it did not have the same apps I was using in my previous device or at least something simular, I am going to look somewhere else.
    Coachbulldog and robitaille93 like this.
    03-13-13 09:31 AM
    And OLD customers (who joined here a whole year ago) are brainwashed (or koolaid-washed) into believing that everything BlackBerry branded is just wonderful and missing apps are not important unless YOU are missing the apps.

So narrow-minded.

I thought BlackBerry had a whole developer relationships group. Pressure them!
    Actually it is narrow minded to think that the only way you can do something is with an app.
    03-13-13 09:31 AM
    A this is the sad part. The OS is amazing and Blackberry really did a good job with the phone, but without the key apps this phone is done...

I know that it is not completely Blackberry's fault if some app developers do not want to commit to BB, but I think they should do more. Even if they have to pay the developers. Paying 2M+ per app for apps like Netflix, Zite, Instagram, Google Maps will go a longer way than any advertising.

Posted via CB10
    My point EXACTLY
    03-13-13 09:34 AM
    Because its blackberry fault that the applications are not coming? You all act like all other first gen os launched with all the right apps from the get go,and so far its almost as apps are being released daily, if you can't give it time to gain the apps then by all means switch if you like,or maybe you as a consumer can contact the companies that you would like to see bring an app and show them that there is a need for it. Then maybe they will consider

Posted via CB10
    KemKev, ediggity, nabatron and 2 others like this.
    03-13-13 09:38 AM
    Because its blackberry fault that the applications are not coming? You all act like all other first gen os launched with all the right apps from the get go,and so far its almost as apps are being released daily, if you can't give it time to gain the apps then by all means switch if you like,or maybe you as a consumer can contact the companies that you would like to see bring an app and show them that there is a need for it. Then maybe they will consider

Posted via CB10
    It's not only about the apps not coming. The ones that are here aren't good. Even the "premium" ones like Facebook. It doesn't even update correctly among other things. (read all the reviews in the app store). Blackberry is touting all these apps from the big players, but if they don't even work, how is this good for Blackberry? And why are you advertising that you have all the major apps when none of them work properly?

That IS Blackberry's fault for not implementing quality control.
    robitaille93 and bobisonline like this.
    03-13-13 09:56 AM
    Oh man you switched from bbos a lot of us switched from ios and DROID. That being said they will come over time. Can't say we didn't expect this as early adopters.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    03-13-13 09:57 AM
    Actually it is narrow minded to think that the only way you can do something is with an app.
    Good thing nobody said that, eh?
    03-13-13 09:58 AM
    You need to realise that this is a new OS, when Apples IOS first came out you didn't have all of these apps, give the developers time and hopefully we will see more apps come in the future.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:58 AM
146 123 ...