Hello everyone,
    Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I downloaded the Kindle app for my Z10 and it seems to work well with one exception: I can't figure out how to leave the book I'm reading and return to the Kindle home page. I've searched online for this and here on Crackberry, but can't find how to do this. I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere.
    Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    03-30-13 10:25 AM
    Swipe down from the top, tap the three dots, and tap home.
    03-30-13 10:27 AM
    Thanks for the quick response. I tried that and the three dots don't appear. The only time something shows up on the screen is if I tap the screen, in which case I get the title of the book and chapter at the top, and location bar at the bottom. By the way, this isn't the side-loaded android app.
    03-30-13 10:51 AM
    Thanks for the quick response. I tried that and the three dots don't appear. The only time something shows up on the screen is if I tap the screen, in which case I get the title of the book and chapter at the top, and location bar at the bottom. By the way, this isn't the side-loaded android app.
    The App from Blackberry World is an Android Port. So unless you're using the web reader I'm stumped. That's how I do it.
    03-30-13 11:30 AM
    Posted via CB10 on my B@d@ss Z10
    03-30-13 11:32 AM
    03-30-13 11:39 AM
    Hello everyone,
    Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I downloaded the Kindle app for my Z10 and it seems to work well with one exception: I can't figure out how to leave the book I'm reading and return to the Kindle home page. I've searched online for this and here on Crackberry, but can't find how to do this. I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere.
    Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Since its an android Port, and there is no physical back button, what you can do is use the back gesture built into both the z10 and the PlayBook.

The Android back gesture: start at the bottom bezel (where the BlackBerry word is) and swipe diagonally upwards toward the left. That should take you back to where you started, and usually in the Kindle app would be the home screen.

NB: this works for any Android port

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Kindle App operation-312324-blackberry-10-android-gesture-tutorial.jpg  
    Last edited by spiculated; 03-30-13 at 12:23 PM. Reason: adding picture
    fjfisher601#AC likes this.
    03-30-13 12:19 PM
    the Swipe to the left WORKS- GREAT ! Thank you
    03-30-13 04:13 PM
    Since its an android Port, and there is no physical back button, what you can do is use the back gesture built into both the z10 and the PlayBook.

The Android back gesture: start at the bottom bezel (where the BlackBerry word is) and swipe diagonally upwards toward the left. That should take you back to where you started, and usually in the Kindle app would be the home screen.

NB: this works for any Android port

Posted via CB10
    This works great, thank you very much!!
    03-30-13 08:50 PM
    Not available on this device

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 02:46 PM
    Thanks for this. I was stuck in the first book opened on my Z10.
    04-02-13 05:41 AM
    Guys, I'm sorry, I'm having the same problem as the OP, and the solution here doesn't help. When opening a book, I seem to be stuck in "full screen on" mode, meaning there are no visible menu buttons (to change font size, so sync to furthest location, to adjust colors, etc.). The swipe-to-left gesture described above (thanks!) takes me back to the Kindle home screen but, again, there are no menu options. Swiping down from the top (at the Kindle home screen or while reading a book) produces no menu, no dots, no nothing. Do I have a bad install?
    07-14-13 08:53 AM
    I was having the same problem. Tried deleting and doing a reinstall, also a battery pull. Neither worked, then a few days later it started working but not always. Seems to be a hit and miss. The app also freezes the phone sometimes too. I just chalked it up to it being an Android Port App. Just keep trying to pull down from the top and maybe it will do it for you. I am running the stock OS for Verizon 10.0.9.422. Today it doesn't want to work for me either, but tomorrow is a new day!
    07-14-13 06:54 PM
    Thanks, you were right -- today it started working properly, for no reason I can tell. I'll just chalk it up to some kind of occasional bug and hope it's fixed in a later release.
    07-15-13 01:46 PM
    I remember this bug. I think pacoman found a solution... I'll ask him to look on it!
    07-15-13 09:59 PM
    I remember this bug. I think pacoman found a solution... I'll ask him to look on it!
    Don't think it was me. I'm running the sideloaded 3.2.0.35 version on my Playbook, and everything seems to be working as it should.
    07-15-13 10:22 PM
    Hmmm... I know someone found a way to force the options bar to show up when people get this bug.

I'll try to find the post...
    swatguy51 and ilikebacon like this.
    07-16-13 11:52 AM