KeePassB Password Manager (native KeePass app for BlackBerry)

(Also known as KeePassB 2 in this thread)

KeePassB is a native Built for BlackBerry password manager which supports KeePass 1.x and 2.x database formats. KeePass clients are available for all major platforms, both desktop (Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and mobile (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, legacy BlackBerry).

Features:
    • Create, view and edit KeePass v2 (.kdbx) databases; view and edit v1 (.kdb) databases
    • Support composite master keys (password only, key file only, password + key file)
    • Easy copy/paste of all fields
    • Quick Unlock function (gives one chance to re-open the database with an easier password -- disabled by default)
    • Password generator
    • Automatic database backup
    • Supports BlackBerry Work Drives
    • Supports Dropbox, Box and other system-wide services
    • Works offline, does not even have the internet access permission
    • Native Built for BlackBerry app

Name:
    KeePassB inherited its name from the old (2012) KeePassDroid port, which was fine-tuned for PlayBook interface. During the initial development (until March 2015), the native app was available as "KeePassB 2". Now that both apps are equally functional, the native "KeePassB 2" becomes simply "KeePassB". The old app is renamed to "KeePassB (Legacy)" and remains available only to its existing users.

Full version
    BlackBerry World >> KeePassB Password Manager (KeePass-compatible)

Price: 4.99 USD / 4.49 EUR Free!

KeePassB 2 - Native KeePass implementation for BlackBerry 10-00-active-frame.png KeePassB 2 - Native KeePass implementation for BlackBerry 10-01-unlock.png KeePassB 2 - Native KeePass implementation for BlackBerry 10-02-group.png KeePassB 2 - Native KeePass implementation for BlackBerry 10-04a-entry-general.png KeePassB 2 - Native KeePass implementation for BlackBerry 10-04b-entry-extra.png KeePassB 2 - Native KeePass implementation for BlackBerry 10-creation-menu.png KeePassB 2 - Native KeePass implementation for BlackBerry 10-edit-v3-entry.png KeePassB 2 - Native KeePass implementation for BlackBerry 10-password-generator.png KeePassB 2 - Native KeePass implementation for BlackBerry 10-08-settings.png KeePassB 2 - Native KeePass implementation for BlackBerry 10-09-quick-unlock.png

Please share your feedback / bug reports / feature requests.
    Last edited by anmipo; 03-06-18 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Price update :)
    08-05-14 06:55 AM
    was waiting for a native keepass app. Will give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 07:12 AM
    Most excellent will buy the app when I get paid.
    08-05-14 07:11 PM
    Are there any plans to add support for editing databases?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 08:35 PM
    Are there any plans to add support for editing databases?

Posted via CB10
    +ftp support would make this awesome.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 09:31 PM
    Edit capability will score a purchase from me! I've been waiting forever for this. :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 09:42 PM
    If you plan on adding write capability then I will go ahead and buy it now.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 10:05 PM
    Currently I am estimating the amount of work required for the editing functionality. Will probably implement, but cannot promise any specific timelines yet.

As for the FTP/WebDAV/Google Drive/One Drive/etc, there are two concerns. Firstly, an more importantly, these would require the app to ask for an internet access permission -- and personally I would be very suspicious to a password manager which needs internet access... Secondly, implementing these will probably take more time than the main functionality.
    So for now I plan to focus on locally stored files, and delegate synchronization to the system or a third-party app.
    Dave XII, highos and Smitty13 like this.
    08-06-14 02:19 AM
    Most excellent - thank you!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 09:10 AM
    So for now I plan to focus on locally stored files, and delegate synchronization to the system or a third-party app.
    Delegate synchronization is all I'd really expect. It works great for the Keepass android app I'm using, and would prefer this over trusting an app to upload to Box for me.

Thanks for doing this. I love the look and feel of native apps vs ports!

I'm gonna go buy it now. :-) You'll get the editing done eventually.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 09:21 AM
    Holy cow! This app is FAST. It's the fastest loading app on my device. I'm so glad I decided to purchase it.

I realize I sound like a salesperson here, but it really is ready to go as soon as I click the icon. I'm happy.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 12:03 PM
    Please add support for v1 kdb. KeePassX 2 for *nix has remained in alpha for over two years and will likely remain in alpha for the foreseeable future. As such, it is not suitable for production use. Hence, KeePassX with support for v1 kdb is the only viable solution. Adding support for v1 kbd would allow *nix users to employ the use of your app (I know of no one who has installed Mono just to use KeePass).

Also, is KeePassB 2 able to obtain paths from the Work perimeter for those on BES10?
    08-07-14 03:52 AM
    Please add support for v1 kdb. KeePassX 2 for *nix has remained in alpha for over two years and will likely remain in alpha for the foreseeable future. As such, it is not suitable for production use. Hence, KeePassX with support for v1 kdb is the only viable solution. Adding support for v1 kbd would allow *nix users to employ the use of your app (I know of no one who has installed Mono just to use KeePass).
    Just use this for now.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27406106

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 04:21 AM
    Also, is KeePassB 2 able to obtain paths from the Work perimeter for those on BES10?
    Unfortunately, I don't have access to BES10... Theoretically, it should work, but it would be nice if someone could test this in practice.
    08-07-14 05:33 AM
    One of the reviews confirmed that KeePassB 2 works with BlackBerry Work Drive.
    08-08-14 05:02 AM
    Purchased this app as soon as I saw it and now subscribing to this thread. Good luck with the development.
    08-08-14 07:51 AM
    (I know of no one who has installed Mono just to use KeePass).
    Actually, I installed Mono just to use KeePass. It's pretty terrible, though!

I'm trying to remember why I switched from KeePass v1, now, and I can't!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 08:25 AM
    I am so happy to finally see a native KeePass app in App World!

That said, I am a user of version 1.XX databases. When this feature is implemented into KeePassB 2 I will have 0 hesitation in buying it. Keep up all the great work! It looks like a wonderful app already.
    08-08-14 09:48 AM

That said, I am a user of version 1.XX databases. When this feature is implemented into KeePassB 2 I will have 0 hesitation in buying it. Keep up all the great work! It looks like a wonderful app already.
    There is already a native 1.x app on bbw.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 09:56 AM

curious, what holds you back to convert your database to V2?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 12:06 PM
    curious, what holds you back to convert your database to V2?

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely due to the compatibility between databases on multiple platforms and compounding that, version 2.XX's reliance upon .net restricts things a bit too much for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 01:30 PM
    There is already a native 1.x app on bbw.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, you are indeed correct if you are referring to KeePass for BlackBerry which I have always had; one major problem though is the inability to do any sort of editing on the database as it is a read only app.

Similarly KPD has been broken since the 10.2.1 update and also requires way too many permissions for my liking.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 01:34 PM
    Absolutely due to the compatibility between databases on multiple platforms and compounding that, version 2.XX's reliance upon .net restricts things a bit too much for me.

Posted via CB10
    Ok to conclude the best would be if Andrei includes the ability to read (and hopefully write) V1 databases, too

Posted via CB10
    Smitty13 likes this.
    08-08-14 01:46 PM
    Wow Andrei, great app!

I have been a happy KeePassB user for a long time but nothing beats native! Gladly paid for it and works really well, very fast indeed.

I'll keep both on my phone until this one can edit files and comes out of BETA...

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 10:06 PM
    Bought this as soon as it was released - first as android port, and now super happy with the native version. Way faster to decrypt and open, and like the quick unlock!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 08:30 PM
166 123 ...