It's not native it's a wrapper to the Web version far from native just saying.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 08:44 PM
    It's not native it's a wrapper to the Web version far from native just saying.

Posted via CB10
    Messenger PRO is not just a wrapper. It's also native + web... Conversations are loaded natively and everything else except the chat UI page.
    12-07-16 12:12 AM
    Exactly it's a load of ****.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 10:31 AM
    Just trying disa v 0.9.9 so not sure about battery life yet, but whatapp android notification is best so far compared to facebook.....shows who's sent message along with image and part of tetx, not had a messenger messages so far, but if it's same and battery Lasts the day on my passport it'll be a keeper I think!
    03-05-17 04:15 PM
    Just trying disa v 0.9.9 so not sure about battery life yet, but whatapp android notification is best so far compared to facebook.....shows who's sent message along with image and part of tetx, not had a messenger messages so far, but if it's same and battery Lasts the day on my passport it'll be a keeper I think!
    Disa is pretty good on battery life. It can be unstable at times, but generally does the job.

Posted via CB10
    nealjane likes this.
    03-05-17 06:13 PM
    Unstable - generally seems to crash when my passports low on memory...otherwise it's fine.
    03-21-17 12:30 PM
    Messenger PRO is not just a wrapper. It's also native + web... Conversations are loaded natively and everything else except the chat UI page.
    I'm sorry, but the fact that a year on from originally buying your app, within a week of being back on bb10 and your current messenger app I'm losing messages isn't a good sign......!! You've had a year to sort it out, deleting and reinstalling just isn't going to cut it anymore....

You took advantage of a bad situation, charged us all for an app that had the potential to be a good replacement - but just decided to cut and run as far as I can see.......leaving us all with a half baked app that doesn't even do the minimum requirements in less than a weeks use...(receiving fb messages!!)
    03-21-17 12:36 PM
    Another vote for Disa from a Classic user. I also have it on my Passport. I agree that once in a while it seems to crash but with the 10.3.3 update, Android apps seem a bit more stable in general. There can be a little bit more lag than ideal but it will suffice for what I need it to do. I had Nemory's messenger but I found the notifications unreliable whereas Disa may crash once in a while but the notifications always come through.

I don't need a facebook app but somewhat need to receive notifications when someone tries to contact me through Messenger, for which this does the trick. The interface is quite nice also and it is fairly polished, I think the clunkyness is a result of our dated runtime and not the developers of the app.
    nealjane likes this.
    03-21-17 12:38 PM
    Passports still on 10.3.2......not sure if 10.3.3 worth the bother from the sounds of it...
    03-21-17 12:49 PM
    Disa has the added benefit of integrating Whatsapp, which is important for those who use the service.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 02:56 PM
    If you only use Messenger to chat, I'd suggest the official Messenger Lite app: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/messenger-lite/

I've been using it on my Passport and it runs quite well, sends notifications to the Hub for new messages (almost on par with Messenger on my PRIV), has stickers and occupies little space.

Give it a try.
    03-21-17 03:45 PM
    It's all over for Facebook messenger-img_20170323_220257.png
    It's all over for Facebook messenger-img_20170323_220234.png
    This version runs perfect on BB Passport whit os 10.3

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 03:04 PM
37 12