I sideloaded the Nest app for Android onto my Z10, and it usually runs great, but it also has some issues. Sometimes, it says there's no data connection even when there clearly is. Other times it will disconnect itself for no reason. Anyone else run into these problems? Is there a new version I should be looking for? I also have the app sideloaded on my PB, and it never has any of these problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 09:33 AM
    I sideloaded the Nest app for Android onto my Z10, and it usually runs great, but it also has some issues. Sometimes, it says there's no data connection even when there clearly is. Other times it will disconnect itself for no reason. Anyone else run into these problems? Is there a new version I should be looking for? I also have the app sideloaded on my PB, and it never has any of these problems.

Posted via CB10

Problems with sideloaded apps??? Quite often - some won't work at all, and then there are those that will work on and off. Same problem usually on both my PlayBook and Z10.

Is there a newer version of the app that you could try converting over? Or look and see if there is an older version posted somewhere and try that.
    07-18-13 11:37 AM
    What leak or stock OS are you on? On one of the first leaks (side note: I'm on VZW and Nest NEVER worked on stock) I could only get it to work on wifi. Since going to .2354 I have not had one problem on wifi or radio. Turning auto away off, changing temp, looking at schedule, looking at energy use, etc - everything works fine now. App loads a little slow like most sideloads, but once open it is rather zippy.
    07-18-13 11:43 AM
    If you want a Nest app on BB10, and don't want to have to deal with unofficial sideloaded apps that are not supported by Nest themselves, then email them <[email protected]> and tell them you want a BB10 app.

This is the last response I got from them on April 5:

"The Nest mobile apps are currently only available on Android and Apple IOS devices. We do not have any information on whether or not a Blackberry app will be released.

If you would like to see a Blackberry app in the future, you can suggest it in the product suggestions section of our community page."

This is the link he provided:
    https://community.nest.com/ideas/1129#comment-1503

Until they see enough demand from their user base, they aren't going to bother making an app that works.
    07-18-13 11:48 AM
    What leak or stock OS are you on? On one of the first leaks (side note: I'm on VZW and Nest NEVER worked on stock) I could only get it to work on wifi. Since going to .2354 I have not had one problem on wifi or radio. Turning auto away off, changing temp, looking at schedule, looking at energy use, etc - everything works fine now. App loads a little slow like most sideloads, but once open it is rather zippy.
    I am on stock OS. I probably should load 10.1 from the CB site, since I'll die of old age before VZW decides to finally release it.... Thanks for the tip

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 02:54 PM
    If you want a Nest app on BB10, and don't want to have to deal with unofficial sideloaded apps that are not supported by Nest themselves, then email them <[email protected]> and tell them you want a BB10 app.

This is the last response I got from them on April 5:

"The Nest mobile apps are currently only available on Android and Apple IOS devices. We do not have any information on whether or not a Blackberry app will be released.

If you would like to see a Blackberry app in the future, you can suggest it in the product suggestions section of our community page."

This is the link he provided:
    https://community.nest.com/ideas/1129#comment-1503

Until they see enough demand from their user base, they aren't going to bother making an app that works.
    You're absolutely right as well. I will make my voice heard. Thanks for the link.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 02:55 PM