Anyone other than me having issues with latest update. As in it wont update? Goes thru the motions but doesn't update to 1.6 stays at 1.43. Frustrating. Developed seems to blame BlackBerry. And BlackBerry blames developer.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 10:38 PM
    That is because it is a paid app now. You gotta buy it.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:15 AM
    They could at least tell us.
    07-30-13 09:19 AM
    I agree. I messed with it as well, then I decided to uninstall it and reinstall and that prompted me to pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:18 AM
    I'm just gonna delete it. I hardly use it anyway lol. That one update in BlackBerry World just won't go away and is really annoying me.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:24 PM
    That's what I did.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:27 PM
    I contacted the developer. He had me un install and reinstall. Didn't do crap. Why would I have to pay for an app that was free. That's insane

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:22 AM
    If you read in the app description he mentioned that it is a paid app now and why. It is a great functioning app, the problem is the lack of popularity.
    It doesn't matter if you like it or not. The problem is to convince others to use Faceflow to communicate instead of Skype. Making the app paid perhaps won't help.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:53 AM
    What does the fact that it's a paid app have to do with being a to update. The developer didn't say I'd have to pay for it when contacted. He merely blamed blackberry. What needs to be done is when u have an app if the developer then charges for it he shouldn't penalise the people who had it already by forcing a payment. Free means free. Not ok free but I'll charge u later. Should have stated that from day one that it would become a paid app. That's irresponsible and crooked of developers. I don't support such actions

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 05:20 PM
    Hi,

Dany from FaceFlow here.

I get contacted a lot about this every day and I'd like to clear a couple of things up:

- First of all, I'm really sorry about this issue you guys have been having trying to update the app.
    - For people who had previously downloaded the app for free, you should NOT have to ever pay for it. You should just be able to update the app for free.
    - I got in touch with people at Blackberry again today, and I am confident there will be a fix for this very soon.

We'll keep trying harder than Skype to bring BB users a quality video chat platform, and after several months of providing the app for free, the most sensible solution in order to improve was to make it paid, at least for a while.

Thanks
    Dany Pelletier
    Founder, FaceFlow
    08-07-13 12:33 PM
    Well I uninstalled it, thinking there was something wrong and tried to reinstall it and got the prompt that I have to buy it.
    I like the app, but my problem is that I have nobody else on FF to talk to. So I just left it...

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 02:30 PM
    Hi,

Dany from FaceFlow here.

I get contacted a lot about this every day and I'd like to clear a couple of things up:

- First of all, I'm really sorry about this issue you guys have been having trying to update the app.
    - For people who had previously downloaded the app for free, you should NOT have to ever pay for it. You should just be able to update the app for free.
    - I got in touch with people at Blackberry again today, and I am confident there will be a fix for this very soon.

We'll keep trying harder than Skype to bring BB users a quality video chat platform, and after several months of providing the app for free, the most sensible solution in order to improve was to make it paid, at least for a while.

Thanks
    Dany Pelletier
    Founder, FaceFlow
    Wow. Thanks Dev for the feedback and getting on top of the situation. That's care and attention. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:02 PM