I sent an email to the developer but haven't received a response so thought I would ask here...recently (can't really pin down exactly when but within the last couple days) I can't see ANY replies. I click on a tweet and it just says "...replies" but never loads any. Usually it says that and then when say the 5 tweets in response are loaded it updates to say "5 replies". I tried clearing the cache and even deleting the app, restarting the phone and downloading it again and no luck. Any ideas? Has anyone else been having the same issue? Thanks

Posted via the great Passport Silver Edition
    04-03-18 09:39 PM
    Yeah. I've been having trouble with seeing the conversations (replies) as well. I sent him 2 tweets with the past day and a half. He usually gets back really quickly. But not this time. Not sure what is going on.
    04-03-18 11:24 PM
    It's been an ongoing issue ever since I started using Blaq. And even when viewing replies starts working again, you only ever get to see about 10 of them, when there could be hundreds or thousands.

As a non native alternative, I recommend Twidere from the Google Play Store. It's not as smooth but it's free and it's a fully functioning app. It even has some support for limited keyboard shortcuts with a PKB.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-18 11:33 PM
    It's been an ongoing issue ever since I started using Blaq. And even when viewing replies starts working again, you only ever get to see about 10 of them, when there could be hundreds or thousands.

As a non native alternative, I recommend Twidere from the Google Play Store. It's not as smooth but it's free and it's a fully functioning app. It even has some support for limited keyboard shortcuts with a PKB.

Posted via CB10
    I went back to using the native Twitter app. Stinks that there is no support for 280 characters but oh well....I deleted all the Google Play stuff a while back and have been enjoying the native experience. My battery has been LOVING it.

Posted via the great Passport Silver Edition
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    04-04-18 12:11 AM
    Same situation here - I can't see the replies. Hopefully Jerome fixes this situation. I have to use the original Twitter client.
    04-04-18 07:16 PM
    Same here, this is a recurring problem with Blaq. Hopefully it'll be resolved again soon.
    04-05-18 04:05 PM
    Same here. This started a few days back. I have seen it before but it rectified itself somehow. Hopefully it can be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-18 08:55 PM
    Seems like Twitter is going to stop 3rd party apps from 'streaming' in June. Looks like Blaq and others are over.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-18 04:44 PM
    I'm no dev, but could it have something to do with Twtter deprecating the Streaming API? http://apps-of-a-feather.com/
    I know it says that it will go into effect June 19, but they might have already started changing some stuff anyway, wouldn't surprise me...

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    04-06-18 04:48 PM
    Still not fixed. Just went back to the Android Twitter app, seems to work pretty well.
    04-22-18 04:25 PM
    Still not fixed. Just went back to the Android Twitter app, seems to work pretty well.
    Really? 'Cause last time I tried it, which isn't too long ago, Twitter for Android was laggy, didn't scale well (as in: everything was too big) and most of all: it made my PP heat up like a toaster which in turn resulted in worsened battery life.

04-23-18 03:50 PM
    Really? 'Cause last time I tried it, which isn't too long ago, Twitter for Android was laggy, didn't scale well (as in: everything was too big) and most of all: it made my PP heat up like a toaster which in turn resulted in worsened battery life.

I haven't tried it on my Passport but on my Leap it's working pretty well. I find it's a little laggy on start up but after 30-60 seconds it settles down and runs fine.

I left Blaq last time the replies went missing and found the official Android Twitter app at the time to be laggy and I too had horrible over-heating and battery issues, it also did that annoying reset to the end of your feed thing every now and then which I HATED which doesn't seem to be an issue anymore either. This version I downloaded from Amazon rather than Google Play but I had to switch from BB Amazon Apps to the Android version and that allowed me to download the current version of Twitter (as well as a couple of other apps neither Google nor Amazon would let me download updates for), which the BB app wouldn't let me do. I have no idea if there's a difference in the Amazon apps, but it worked!
    04-23-18 03:58 PM

Just so you know, I tried the same thing on my Passport and it works better than on my Leap (shouldn't come as a surprise!!)
    04-24-18 06:09 PM
    I just wanted to ask the same question some time ago. I have the exact same problem, as well!

I'd be very happy if the problem gets fixed.
    04-25-18 06:14 AM
    Just so you know, I tried the same thing on my Passport and it works better than on my Leap (shouldn't come as a surprise!!)
    Hmm, I'll try it again on my Passport then... maybe the issue has been solved in the mean time.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    04-25-18 03:50 PM
    What about twitter for android on a Classic?is it OK? Time ago it was not usable.
    What about twitter from webbrowsers and being able to upload pictures *?
    Because native browser and others work fine but they cannot upload a picture

Posted via CB10
    04-29-18 08:28 AM
    I can't download blaq.... is it free yet???

Posted via CB10
    04-29-18 09:29 AM
    Don't bother, it is broken. The comment area is broken and does not show comments from other twitter users. The Dev is obviously not interested in fixing this, therefore time to look for alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-18 08:22 PM
    Don't bother, it is broken. The comment area is broken and does not show comments from other twitter users. The Dev is obviously not interested in fixing this, therefore time to look for alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    That's the point, there are/will be no alternatives with Twitter blocking streaming to 3rd party apps. You either figure out a way of using the 'official' Twitter app from what ever source you can, or just dump the app altogether from your BB device.
    04-30-18 03:14 PM
    What about twitter for android on a Classic?is it OK? Time ago it was not usable.
    What about twitter from webbrowsers and being able to upload pictures *?
    Because native browser and others work fine but they cannot upload a picture

Posted via CB10
    Like I posted previously, the Android Twitter app seems to run well on both my Leap and my Passport. I have no idea about a Classic, why not give it a go and let us know how it goes?
    04-30-18 03:15 PM
    That's the point, there are/will be no alternatives with Twitter blocking streaming to 3rd party apps. You either figure out a way of using the 'official' Twitter app from what ever source you can, or just dump the app altogether from your BB device.
    Just because streaming will be turned off it doesn't mean that it's the end of 3rd party Twitter apps. It just means that they will have to use the non-streaming API's which requires an update to the app in question.

Also, if updates to 3rd party apps aren't coming: the Twitter Android app is not needed per se; mobile.twitter.com in Browsie Browser with the iPhone user agent works great and has all of the features of the Android app except for push notifications.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    04-30-18 04:34 PM