I have 4 groups that I am in. I am the Administration in all of them

I have messages selected to keep for 30 days.

I am finding that all messages delete when I end the chat. This isn't normal. Is this a known issue or is there something going on with the app? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    05-16-14 10:39 PM
    When you end chat it will delete all convo, been like that always for me.
    05-16-14 10:45 PM
    Wasn't like that on Legacy. I think that has to be a bug. With saved chats enabled all other chat strings keep their history when you end the chat. Imo shouldn't be different for groups when one sets the "keep" settings. Ill post something in the Beta Zone bug reports zone to see if I get a response.

05-16-14 10:56 PM
    Maybe, do you have save chats turned on in settings.

Posted on CB10
    05-16-14 10:57 PM
    I have 7 group chats & all of them saves the chats. There is a settings in each individual group chat where you can decide how long you want to save the chat history. Have you checked the settings there yet?

Hope you manage to find the solution & not that there is something wrong with your phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 11:05 PM
    I have 7 group chats & all of them saves the chats. There is a settings in each individual group chat where you can decide how long you want to save the chat history. Have you checked the settings there yet?

Hope you manage to find the solution & not that there is something wrong with your phone.

Posted via CB10
    I have group chats saved to 30 days. Highly doubt a phone issue. Has to be app issue. I might actually delete BBM and re install to see if this fixes the issue.

05-17-14 03:19 PM
    Ok give it a try then. Good luck. I have no problems on this part though.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 11:32 PM
    I can't figure out how to delete BBM and try a re-install. When I hold icons the garbage can doesn't appear over BBM... can anyone help?

05-18-14 09:16 PM
    I can't figure out how to delete BBM and try a re-install. When I hold icons the garbage can doesn't appear over BBM... can anyone help?

You can't delete it you have to side load a BBM bar file.

Z30 best ever
    05-18-14 11:43 PM

Try this method, to reload BBM:

*put the browser in desktop mode

*made sure the device is correct

*search for BBM

*click the download button

*let the phone download and re-install the app

HTH

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 07:51 AM
    Try this method, to reload BBM:

*put the browser in desktop mode

*made sure the device is correct

*search for BBM

*click the download button

*let the phone download and re-install the app

HTH

Posted via CB10
    I shall try that.

05-20-14 10:53 AM
    I don't think it's a bug, since it's something that other people report to I think it was a something that wasn't carried over... maybe when it 'saves' its in the sense that within that time If you logged in to bbm on another device it would be part of the chat that is 'restored'

Like how the BlackBerry Protect feature is watered down in bb10

Check Out TechCraze
    05-22-14 01:32 PM
    Ok so I tried reinstalling the app using the desktop mode on my browser. It did manage to reinstall. Chats set to save for 30 days.

As you can see I started a group chat.

I then closed it.

When I re-open it I cannot see the chat history but as you can see from the image below it shows 1 chat so there's something there but for whatever reason it won't display.

Is it time for an OS reinstall?

Issue with BBM Groups-img_20140522_153237_edit.png

05-22-14 02:36 PM
    So when you open the chat is it there.

Z30 best ever
    05-22-14 02:47 PM
    So when you open the chat is it there.

Z30 best ever
    No it is not

05-22-14 03:23 PM
    No it is not

I believe it will still show 1 chat because technically that discussion is still there, but the chats that occurred within that discussion are gone (correct me if I'm wrong)

So say you had two chats, you closed one from bbm, go back to the group, it shows two chats, open it it shows the two discussion topics but the one you ended is now empty/cleared?

Interestingly on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.442, if I delete from the hub (the delete that comes up after you go into something then back out) can't remember what people are calling them, it will delete the discussion from view, but the chats will still be there when I go back into the group, so either they are working on adjusting it on future builds or its just because it's an early one..
    We'll see

Check Out TechCraze
    05-23-14 12:16 AM
    I believe it will still show 1 chat because technically that discussion is still there, but the chats that occurred within that discussion are gone (correct me if I'm wrong)

So say you had two chats, you closed one from bbm, go back to the group, it shows two chats, open it it shows the two discussion topics but the one you ended is now empty/cleared?

Interestingly on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.442, if I delete from the hub (the delete that comes up after you go into something then back out) can't remember what people are calling them, it will delete the discussion from view, but the chats will still be there when I go back into the group, so either they are working on adjusting it on future builds or its just because it's an early one..
    We'll see

Check Out TechCraze
    Correct. I close the chat and when I go back to re-open it, nothing is there. This is happening to all my groups. Even though I have it set to save for 30 days or forever if I end the chat then re-open it, nothing is there.

Curiously I have my save BBM chat history turned on. That feature works. If I end chat then re-open the contact in BBM the chat history is present. This issue is only affecting my group chats.

Is there a way in which I can downgrade BBM a version or two to test I'd this is a bug within the last couple updates!

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141

05-23-14 01:44 PM
    Correct. I close the chat and when I go back to re-open it, nothing is there. This is happening to all my groups. Even though I have it set to save for 30 days or forever if I end the chat then re-open it, nothing is there.

Curiously I have my save BBM chat history turned on. That feature works. If I end chat then re-open the contact in BBM the chat history is present. This issue is only affecting my group chats.

Is there a way in which I can downgrade BBM a version or two to test I'd this is a bug within the last couple updates!

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141

If you get a hold of the oldest bar files yes, however I don't think it's something that has been changed, I think it was just overlooked in the initial build and never addressed except like I've said above in Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.442, if you use quick delete from the hub it won't delete the convo

Check Out TechCraze
    05-23-14 02:36 PM