Question is the same as topic name, I mean wp developers are making instagram apps also, so why can't BlackBerry developers make one?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:22 AM
    Because Instagram's API doesn't allow developers to make apps where you can post to Instagram. Until Instagram changes that or brings a BlackBerry app, the website is the best you can get. Just viewing, no posting

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:26 AM
    Because Instagram's API doesn't allow developers to make apps where you can post to Instagram. Until Instagram changes that or brings a BlackBerry app, the website is the best you can get. Just viewing, no posting

Posted via CB10
    So how come windows phone does have instagram apps to post delete like etc etc?
    The app from windows phone is itsdagram, and it's a client
    Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:28 AM
    Good question here

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:30 AM
    Well, good question...

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:31 AM
    Well I hope it will be answered lol

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:36 AM
    Try the latest android port. Works great!
    05-22-13 09:40 AM
    Don't want android ports and I thought if the Windows phone devs can do it why not one of the dev's here

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:43 AM
    Itsdagram uses an API hack to gain access to posting photos, if I remember correctly, so the method is not officially-supported by Instagram and they could shut the gates on it at any moment. In order to get a similar app on BlackBerry 10, you'd need a BB10 developer willing to risk his time on an app that could be shut down at any minute and figure out the hack themselves (or get it from the Itsdagram developer, though I doubt they'll be willing to share it, but maybe the dev would be interested in making a BB10 app by themselves).
    brout and Daveensannie like this.
    05-22-13 09:48 AM
    My understanding is that the itsdagram/WP8 method is a workaround via the developer's servers.

ETA: Sorry... didn't see LE's more comprehensive answer.
    Daveensannie likes this.
    05-22-13 09:55 AM
    Itsdagram uses an API hack to gain access to posting photos, if I remember correctly, so the method is not officially-supported by Instagram and they could shut the gates on it at any moment. In order to get a similar app on BlackBerry 10, you'd need a BB10 developer willing to risk his time on an app that could be shut down at any minute and figure out the hack themselves (or get it from the Itsdagram developer, though I doubt they'll be willing to share it, but maybe the dev would be interested in making a BB10 app by themselves).
    Thanks for the explanation well I do hope someone will take the risk, if windows phone can have it we should have it to

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:56 AM
    In my opinion.. I don't want a third party instagram client.

We do have Instagram and its the original whether its an Android port, IOS port or whatever (I know its not in the BB World). It works brilliantly and that's all that matters. I'm actually glad BlackBerry has not gone the Windows Phone route. Once again.. I've got to give it up to BB for including the Android Emulator.

Thanks for the explanation well I do hope someone will take the risk, if windows phone can have it we should have it to

Posted via CB10
    brout likes this.
    05-22-13 10:04 AM
    In my opinion.. I don't want a third party instagram client.

We do have Instagram and its the original whether its an Android port, IOS port or whatever (I know its not in the BB World). It works brilliantly and that's all that matters. I'm actually glad BlackBerry has not gone the Windows Phone route. Once again.. I've got to give it up to BB for including the Android Emulator.
    Ok but what about other twitter clients, i mean isnt that the same ?
    05-22-13 10:13 AM
    Because as a developer I would love to spend weeks/months working on this just to have Instagram release one about the same time I'm done.
    Daveensannie and syaminmusa like this.
    05-22-13 10:16 AM
    Facebook owns Instagram so really there is no reason why Blackberry does not have a native app yet. I guess its all about the $$$ with these developers! The Android ports do not work on PlayBook but if you have a Z10 or Q10 your good. I got a crappy little Droid tablet for my business so I could get IG.
    05-22-13 10:23 AM
    It is the same mate you are right.. however, what is different is I don't use them. Loads do but I don't (each to their own). I know the BB10 client ain't that great and neither is FB which is why I use the Android ports for both FB and Twitter also as back up's to do things the native apps dont. However, for quick viewing or posting I use the BB10 app's. If i feel like viewing all feeds in one app I use FlipBoard (I'm not against 3rd party apps).

Ok but what about other twitter clients, i mean isnt that the same ?
    05-22-13 10:26 AM
    The question is why can't in stage am afford to just pay a developer to make instagram?! I'm sure it can't be THAT expensive!!

There are definitely political games at play here!

Not that I ever used it...

Doctor Who Channel C000C1253
    05-22-13 10:28 AM
    Blackberry could make one if they wanted too just like they could Netflix. But alas one word LAWYERS. So good luck just making one
    05-22-13 10:41 AM
    It can't be done, not sure if anyone mentioned this, there is no way to upload photos unless it's done by Instagram it's self, you can like / comment on photos using there API (maybe wrong), but you can login and check out pictures.
    05-22-13 10:49 AM
    It can't be done, not sure if anyone mentioned this, there is no way to upload photos unless it's done by Instagram it's self, you can like / comment on photos using there API (maybe wrong), but you can login and check out pictures.
    Hmm this is what the windows phone client can do :

Register, upload, comment, like, follow, find your Facebook friends; All from Itsdagram!
    Itsdagram filters can be updated daily without the need to update the app. You will never know when you?ve got a brand new filter waiting for you!
    Double tap to like
    Tap and hold to swap between Timeline view and Grid view.
    See photos you?ve liked and have been tagged in on your profile page.
    Change your profile picture and password there too!
    Pin your favorite hashtags and users to your homescreen to keep track of them.
    Registering a new account with Instagram requires the full version of Itsdagram.

So you can upload pictures
    Check this video for winphone and it is already in the windowsphone appstore !
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Daveensannie; 05-22-13 at 12:32 PM.
    Morpheus v7 likes this.
    05-22-13 12:22 PM
    http://ninjadev.ca/bb10/com.instagram.bar

I don't understand why people won't just sideload this instagram it works great....
    Icarus3000 likes this.
    05-22-13 12:33 PM
    http://ninjadev.ca/bb10/com.instagram.bar

I don't understand why people won't just sideload this instagram it works great....
    Because i dont want it now while its running with android 2.3 or something like that ( btw i dont even use it lol ) , the point is that a lot of people are asking for it, and the proof is there that it can be done, and it would be so much fun if a BB dev can make a native one ( runs so much better then a ported app )
    Morpheus v7 likes this.
    05-22-13 12:40 PM
    Don't want android ports and I thought if the Windows phone devs can do it why not one of the dev's here

Posted via CB10
    I latest version is nearly flawless. If Instagram is a must-have, then this is the way to go. Works great!
    05-22-13 12:43 PM
    I latest version is nearly flawless. If Instagram is a must-have, then this is the way to go. Works great!
    I know it works i have had it also on my phone, but thats not the point, did you watched the vid ? see how it flows now thats what my BBZ10 deserves lol not a port. But hey if everybody is happy with a port then its fine with me
    05-22-13 12:46 PM
    instagram developed by BlackBerry Team? ouch, let see Twitter & Facebook for BB10 first, that are really worst official app ever were I meet..

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 01:10 PM
32 12