What does the Download button do? I lost a few contacts so I decided to go to the app and press download to make up for the difference between the app and the phone (100 to 125, 25 diff). The difference wasn't covered, but it says download complete and contacts are now up to date. Really frustrating.
    I decided to put it to the test, so I backed up my contacts on the sim and deleted everything on the phone, went to the app, pressed downloading hoping the 125 will show all at once in the phone. Still nothing. What am I doing wrong? Isn't that what the app is supposed to do? They don't even have a support email.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 11:13 AM
    I had intouchapp, used it once and worked well, so I can't help you there.

but I'll have to disagree with "They don't even have a support email."

on bbworld they have a hyperlink that says: Email Application Support, which has their email; support@intouchid.net
    BBrickk likes this.
    02-07-14 11:56 AM
    I had intouchapp, used it once and worked well, so I can't help you there.

but I'll have to disagree with "They don't even have a support email."

on bbworld they have a hyperlink that says: Email Application Support, which has their email; support@intouchid.net
    Thank you! I totally forgot to check bb world. I'll post the results here. I really hope it has nothing to do with the basic plan that I'm on.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 12:01 PM
    Thank you! I totally forgot to check bb world. I'll post the results here. I really hope it has nothing to do with the basic plan that I'm on.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt it does, should be a "simple" fix. Out of curiosity, did you try logging on to your intouchapp account on their website? it'll list your contacts and have a total# for you to compare to as well.
    02-07-14 12:34 PM
    The easiest way to reach InTouchApp support is to open the app, go to menu and tap on "Feedback" and write to the team from there. They will reply to your registered email address.

The "Download" downloads changes from server (or other devices) to your Blackberry. "Backup" does the opposite. If you have lost contacts for some reason and you want to recover them, then you have two options:

1. If you have not done a "Backup" after losing contacts: this is easy, just logout, go to login screen, tap on menu -> Delete all contacts and then login to download all contacts

2. If you have done a "Backup" after losing contacts, then the deletes are also pushed to their server. You can go to their online interface and restore contacts one by one or send them a support request to bulk undelete to a prior state.

Hope this helps.
    BBrickk likes this.
    02-08-14 02:45 AM
    Okay so after almost a day of emails back and forth with support( yes they went that long to help me), I finally got all my contacts back. Thanks for letting me know about the support email. Problem was that I was not giving the servers enough time to process my requests. Wonderful support from them though!

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 02:38 PM