InstaVenue is now available for all BlackBerry 10 devices.

Download link: BlackBerry World - InstaVenue

Price: $2.99

Review by CrackBerry

InstaVenue for BlackBerry 10 has to be one of the greatest native applications I've seen in a long time. To cut a long story short it is the best way to share a photograph but with a location based overlay and as you'll see in the video there is a bunch of options.

Once you launch the app there are two tabs at the top of the screen. The one of the left is to change your location and over on the right is skins. Due to InstaVenue being integrated with Foursquare you have the option to choose your location - so if you are at a particular venue you can use that as the overlay. There are seven different skin categories with the app - each containing various options for how your location and information you want to share looks like.

These include:
    • Weather A
    • Weather B
    • Travel
    • BlackBerry Fans
    • CrackBerry
    • Love
    • Hate

Down at the base of the display are a further five tabs. These include switching cameras, flash options, select a picture from your BlackBerry, settings and in the middle is the camera tab.

All you need to do is take a photo (or use one already on your BlackBerry) and you can then alter the skin and location. This can also be done before you shoot the photo too which is a nice touch. Once the photo is taken and you are happy with the overlay you have the option to edit the image, set it as a wallpaper or profile picture for your social networks, or save and share. Sharing will open up a list of all the accounts in your BlackBerry Hub so you have a wide range of options. Alternatively, you can just save the image to your BlackBerry for later if you so desire.

InstaVenue has a beautiful and user friendly UI and the results are awesome. This one gets the big thumbs up from me and will be staying on my BlackBerry forever!

InstaVenue is available for all BlackBerry 10 smartphones. Give it a try - you won't be sorry.

Get it at
    BlackBerry World - InstaVenue
    SubCamp likes this.
    10-19-13 12:48 AM
    That's great!
    Congrats on the release and best of luck!
    10-19-13 01:06 AM
    I have been using your app now for bit and I like it, very cool. A few requests to extend the life of the product

1 ability to change the theme color for each skin

2 ability to input a custom location, I do not always see an option I wish to use

3 of course, more skins

Thanks for your consideration. I look forward to the updates

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 09:14 AM
    Too bad it should be free..just like they are on android and io7... not saying I wouldn't pay but...thats why we(blackberry) are kosing...just saying

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 09:18 AM
    Losing...miss type srry

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 09:24 AM
    Too bad it should be free..just like they are on android and io7... not saying I wouldn't pay but...thats why we(blackberry) are kosing...just saying
    I'm very happy to pay for apps if they are good and dont steal all my informations. I actually prefer to pay, I'm always sceptical about free apps. I think 99% of the apps I have are paid apps.

I think it's well done app, not sure if I'll really use it other than send some fun emails to my friends so I wasnt sure about the original pricing but when it was on sale a few days ago I was happy to pay for it.

Again a great app, probably wont make a great use of it but the 2.99 pricing seems fair.
    Omahahaha likes this.
    10-20-13 09:35 AM
    Just purchase this goodlooking app and was looking forward to using it but when i first opened it, it's showing KAW, USA. Where the heck is that? I live in Kansas City, Missouri. Deleted the app and reinstalled it again and now all it's doing is "INITIALIZING". I'm running 10.1.0.2006 on my Z10. Please help and if no solution how can I get a refund???
    10-20-13 09:53 PM
    Can Instavenue still pull location even if BlackBerry Maps doesn't support that country? Does it matter?

I'll be going to S. Korea soon and I noticed BlackBerry maps doesn't support it.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 06:27 AM
    Curious - does. 1055 break instavenue? I have installed the leak but when I try to load IV it gets to the Finding Location, the goes the Checking Weather then crashes. Program totally closes and back to device home screen. I've tried reboot and reinstall.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 06:29 PM