its not coming... I don't really understand how hard it is for a big company like facebook who now owns instagram to port their android app over to blackberry.. even if it was full of bugs and what not. All i can think about is, apple came through quickly after their announcement to support blackberry and paid them not to... I'm not buying the public statements from these people that the ecosystem isnt large enough.. thats BS and is starting to frustrate me because i dont want to have to carry two phones. Blackberry needs to fight fire with fire and pay these folks to produce apps are pay competition to create better BB10 apps or just buy one of these muthafwords since we know they have cash..... This is starting to be stupid.. seriously
    klubbkidd and ParmarMania like this.
    06-20-13 01:16 PM
    its not coming... I don't really understand how hard it is for a big company like facebook who now owns instagram to port their android app over to blackberry.. even if it was full of bugs and what not. All i can think about is, apple came through quickly after their announcement to support blackberry and paid them not to... I'm not buying the public statements from these people that the ecosystem isnt large enough.. thats BS and is starting to frustrate me because i dont want to have to carry two phones. Blackberry needs to fight fire with fire and pay these folks to produce apps are pay competition to create better BB10 apps or just buy one of these muthafwords since we know they have cash..... This is starting to be stupid.. seriously
    I shear in your frustration . . .but I have to insist that our only course of action is to POLITELY let them know we want app support. . .if it's a numbers game then we simply need to show our numbers. . .
    robkd and alcapone89 like this.
    06-20-13 01:31 PM
    Maybe you should buy some Facebook shares. This way you can goto their shareholder meeting and demand that they spend resources building the BB10 app.

Posted via CB10
    SkypilotOfHope likes this.
    06-20-13 01:35 PM
    It isn't hard at ALL for them to port it. There is literally only one reason they don't: they don't care about BlackBerry users. EA and Ubisoft are doing the exact thing to Nintendo with the WiiU and their games. They have actually said it is a failed console. Even though it can run their games and engines. Companies have strange biases for the devices they support. It makes me mad but whatever. I'm sure they'll regret it later.
    klubbkidd likes this.
    06-20-13 01:49 PM
    Can we please stop the instagram thing? There are already a lot of topics about it so do a search and then react there it is not necessary when there is some news ( actually no news) to make a new topic about it.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:06 PM
    Can we please stop the instagram thing? There are already a lot of topics about it so do a search and then react there it is not necessary when there is some news ( actually no news) to make a new topic about it.

Posted via CB10
    NO!.....this is a BIG issue....WE NEED ANSWERS

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    alcapone89 likes this.
    06-20-13 02:07 PM
    Answers that you won't find here if you want answers mail them, then you'll have you're answer simple

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:09 PM
    People are starting to freak out way too much about all the social networks. If you want THEM all that bad, get an iphone. This is getting out of hand. You dont NEED anything. Go outside and play.
    bluetroll and RECOOL like this.
    06-20-13 02:37 PM
    As I understand it, android ports won't work properly until we get 10.2 and runtime 4.2.2.

Instagram will come, just learn to be patient.
    06-20-13 02:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can start by not pouring your gasoline on the fire.... most fires die on their own... u dont like it, move on and keep your two cents buddy...
    John.P likes this.
    06-20-13 05:21 PM
    People are starting to freak out way too much about all the social networks. If you want THEM all that bad, get an iphone. This is getting out of hand. You dont NEED anything. Go outside and play.
    You are missing one thing I have a android and a blackberry.. I have to carry my android for everything social.. thats dumb.. not to mention, apps arent available for blackberry is equal to missed sales for blackberry, which equals to lost revenue, which equals to lost market share, which equals sell, which equals no more blackberry.. sure you dont want that.. so stop with the who cares, cause you should care whether you use an app or not.. its not just instagram, its banking apps, its productivity apps, its travel apps... get a clue...
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    06-20-13 05:24 PM
    You can start by not pouring your gasoline on the fire.... most fires die on their own... u dont like it, move on and keep your two cents buddy...
    Hmm you've got a point there......moving on

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 05:28 PM
    As I understand it, android ports won't work properly until we get 10.2 and runtime 4.2.2.

Instagram will come, just learn to be patient.
    I'm running an android port of the newest instagram 4.0.0 on 10.1.

It has video, I can view but not record.
    mphillips828 likes this.
    06-20-13 05:44 PM
    I'm not buying the public statements from these people that the ecosystem isnt large enough.. thats BS and is starting to frustrate me because i dont want to have to carry two phones.
    If the ecosystem isn't large enough, then we shouldn't have fb available to us either. The logic doesn't hold.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 06:17 PM

Can you share the apk?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 06:30 PM
    Can you share the apk?

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=820413

It's in this thread.
    06-20-13 07:31 PM
    Tweet them at @instagram if you want the app on BB10.

Where do you think the pressure is going to come from? Alec Saunders can't do it all by himself. If they see enough demand from their customer base, they will develop for BB10, not sooner. The Facebook app is created by BBRY, and not Facebook themselves.

Facebook/Instagram is a business, not an ideology. They develop for iOS/Android because there is HUGE demand for it, and it is a good return on their investment. BB not so much. As whats-his-name from Netflix demonstrated, there's still a big perception that BB is outdated and dying.

You want to change that perception? Fire up your email/twitter and send a request off to the devs of the apps you want. Don't have the contact info? Look at the thread in my signature.
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    06-21-13 07:35 AM
    Oh **** dudley snapped of all people!! This dude actually likes his Z seems he wants to get rid of that 2nd phone.Sucks eh Instagram dont want to make app for BB sad but thats what it is.We can't all drive bentleys in the west indies.

Facebook may own instagram but,instagram act like a subsidery they only go to facebook for $$$$ funding.This is funny instagram is fodder to me but means alot,way too much to some.Let me get some popcorn see how long this theead last for.

''Go outside and play'' That was a quality line.Lets see what else.
    06-21-13 08:44 AM

I have the same! Works great...so why can't facebook port over the app and make it available in BB World? I literally converted the new 4.0 through the apk converter and installed the bar. WHY CANT THEY DO THAT and modify it slighty!
    06-21-13 08:52 AM
    I have the same! Works great...so why can't facebook port over the app and make it available in BB World? I literally converted the new 4.0 through the apk converter and installed the bar. WHY CANT THEY DO THAT and modify it slighty!
    Well for starters, it isn't running the way they intend it to on our current set up.
    06-21-13 08:02 PM
    I use all of social apps, all of camera apps, all of games on my iPhone..

I use Z10 only for BBM & open CB forum from CB app..

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 12:30 AM