Hey OP, don't mean to hijack the thread. But it seems that some people either overlooked the fact that this step requires 10.2. Most likely, those who are not able to get it to work are still on 10.1. So I think I can help.

For those that are on OS 10.1, use this method that I'm saying. It works best with the Google Chrome extension, so I cannot confirm with DDPB. So just use the Google Chrome extension.

Just follow these steps and it should work. I can vouch for it cause I used it and it worked. Yes, I have recently gone back to my official 10.1 MR.

DO NOT CONFUSE THESE STEPS WITH THE STEPS THAT THE OP MENTIONED. THEY ARE SIMILAR, BUT NOT THE SAME.

Here's the old bar that used to work.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20-%20Copy.bar

Here's the new one.

Follow these steps,
    - sideload new version first. It'll say incompatible device.
    - sideload the older version. Open, but Don't sign in.
    - uninstall the newer version that you sideloaded first.
    - install the newer version again.

The newer version should now work, including video playback. But if I'm not wrong you can't post videos unless you use some sort of work around again. And commenting on photos, the keyboard doesn't insert spacing.

For normal images POSTING and browsing, it should work just FINE.

Oh, and hide the old Instagram app somewhere and DO NOT delete it. Or the newer version would stop working.

Do note that this process is only for 10.1. I tried it on 10.2 and it didn't work, its the same process in a nutshell but slightly different procedure

Make sure you take note which bar file is the newer version and which is the older one. If you don't follow the steps I stated, it will not work. Hope this helped! Enjoy Instagram
    Last edited by the_igg; 09-28-13 at 12:11 PM.
    viivii likes this.
    09-28-13 02:00 AM
    Hey OP, don't mean to hijack the thread. But it seems that some people either overlooked the fact that this step requires 10.2. Most likely, those who are not able to get it to work are still on 10.1. So I think I can help.

For those that are on OS 10.1, use this method that I'm saying. It works best with the Google Chrome extension, so I cannot confirm with DDPB. So just use the Google Chrome extension.

Just follow these steps and it should work. I can vouch for it cause I used it and it worked. Yes, I have recently gone back to my official 10.1 MR.

DO NOT CONFUSE THESE STEPS WITH THE STEPS THAT THE OP MENTIONED. THEY ARE SIMILAR, BUT NOT THE SAME.

Here's the new one.

Follow these steps,

The newer version should now work, including video playback. But if I'm not wrong you can't post videos unless you use some sort of work around again. And commenting on photos, the keyboard doesn't insert spacing.

Oh, and hide the old Instagram app somewhere and DO NOT delete it. Or the newer version would stop working.

Do note that this process is only for 10.1. I tried it on 10.2 and it didn't work, its the same process in a nutshell but slightly different procedure

Make sure you take note which bar file is the newer version and which is the older one. If you don't follow the steps I stated, it will not work. Hope this helped! Enjoy Instagram
    Thank you for sharing.

Posted via my beautiful customized DAC.
    09-28-13 02:36 AM
    App works ok but everytime I want to upload a picture the black bar at the bottom blocks all the buttons. Is this supposed to be happening?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 02:46 AM
    App works ok but everytime I want to upload a picture the black bar at the bottom blocks all the buttons. Is this supposed to be happening?

Posted via CB10
    This happens for 10.2 with the earlier android runtimes and unlocked android runtime. If you want the bar to not be there, you should sideload the android runtime that allows to hide the bar. You can get it here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...nt-bar-848801/
    09-28-13 03:16 AM
    There is an error page after clicking on the downloads above. I am running 10.1, could you send me the BAR files to make Instagram work on my phone? Thank you.
    09-28-13 11:23 AM
    THIS WORKED LIKE A CHARM. i couldn't figure out why 4.1.2 wasn't working, but this solved that problem. thanks!

just curious: why didn't 4.1.2 work by itself? just trying to understand the 'science' behind all this.
    09-28-13 11:35 AM
    THIS WORKED LIKE A CHARM. i couldn't figure out why 4.1.2 wasn't working, but this solved that problem. thanks!

just curious: why didn't 4.1.2 work by itself? just trying to understand the 'science' behind all this.
    I don't really know either.. It's magic I guess? Haha
    09-28-13 12:16 PM
    This happens for 10.2 with the earlier android runtimes and unlocked android runtime. If you want the bar to not be there, you should sideload the android runtime that allows to hide the bar. You can get it here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...nt-bar-848801/
    Thank you sir, I'm new to this.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 03:15 PM
    I hate Instragram! Posting pictures from your phone with a crap camera and filters. Err hipsters and iOS, lol, gotta make fun of the situation.

Z10 posted
    09-29-13 01:51 AM
    I hate Instragram! Posting pictures from your phone with a crap camera and filters. Err hipsters and iOS, lol, gotta make fun of the situation.

Z10 posted
    And yet you have the need to come to this topic and place that reply, I'm really sorry for your pathetic attempt of a life, **** off.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:58 AM

Here's the new one.

Follow these steps,

Amazing! thankyou so much!!
    09-30-13 10:32 AM
    Instagram 4.1.2 bar is here for download! Tested on Q10 10.2.0.1047-img_00000549.png

Anyone else getting this funny problem with instagram on the Q10?

I'm running 10.2.0.1767 with debug token.

The camera view is rotated but when you take a picture it's how it should be. The camera button is also not set correctly.

I did not have these problems loading the older 4.0.2 version of instagram on 10.1.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    Last edited by Q10Nutter; 10-03-13 at 02:19 PM.
    10-03-13 12:46 PM
    That is a bug that Instagram has with BB10. Just like the keyboard bug. No fix as of yet.
    10-03-13 01:48 PM
    Turn the use instagram camera off and you won't have the sideways camera problem anymore.
    Instagram 4.1.2 bar is here for download! Tested on Q10 10.2.0.1047-img_00000476.png

Posted via CB10
    The Big Picture and ryshhh like this.
    10-04-13 07:01 AM
    Turn the use instagram camera off and you won't have the sideways camera problem anymore.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000476.png 
Views:	1897 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	207572

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much!

Q10-Z10-iP5
    10-04-13 10:34 AM
    So you are able to record and upload video now?
    10-04-13 01:32 PM
    I got the z10 and it work almost perfect with the latest instagram, Cant put any #s only letters only ha. But can view videos just cant upload videos.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 11:12 AM
    Hey guys, this is for those Instagram lovers.

I've uploaded the Instagram 4.1.2 which is the latest version from Google Play. The original .apk file has been converted to .bar format, you can give it a shot!

Attention!
    1. If you never met the camera compatible issue on your Z10 with 10.2, you just need to unzip the package to install the 4.1.2 version using DDPB or Chrome extension. Then, it's supposed to work. Otherwise, you probably need to follow the procedure below.

2. For those Q10 & DAC folks, I'm pretty sure the 4.1.2 won't work on 10.2, the compatible issue will appear immediately once you run it.
    Are you saying you can't get insta with Q10?
    10-12-13 10:03 PM
    Are you saying you can't get insta with Q10?
    Nope, it will work on Q10 with OS 10.2 using my steps.

Posted via my beautiful customized DAC.
    10-12-13 11:47 PM
    mine still won't work no matter how much I try ugh!! I'm frustrated. It's saying my camera is not compatible. My software is updated and everything. I have 10.1.0.2019
    temitopefasho likes this.
    10-21-13 01:10 PM
    mine still won't work no matter how much I try ugh!! I'm frustrated. It's saying my camera is not compatible. My software is updated and everything. I have 10.1.0.2019
    You tried the 2 bar install method?? Pm me I'll link u the method from my pc

AT&T Z10
    10-21-13 04:11 PM
    Since you are on 10.1, you should follow my steps. That is specifically for 10.1. The method in the OP is meant for 10.2. The steps are similar but there are a few differences. Check out my post #76. Or you can PM me. I put both the bar files needed and explained everything clearly so you will definitely be able to get instagram to work.
    anonymous92374 likes this.
    10-23-13 12:41 AM
    When downloading version 3.4.4 I get failure -25 in the app manager. i'm assuming this is a problem because after trying to open instagram, it forces close on itself
    10-24-13 01:19 AM
    Just an FYI for those who want the newest Instagram:
    You can install the old 3.4.4 open and close as per Adam's instructions and then sideload any new instagram including v 4.2.0 and 4.2.1 (there's some bars floating around in the forums of these)
    10-24-13 10:11 AM
    Thanks for the instructions man. I am running 10.2.0.1725 and it works like a charm. Also, I am able to hide the bar at at the Bottom!
    10-24-13 07:15 PM
146 ... 23456