Hi guys,

How do you import your own books onto the kindle app I have drag and dropped a mobi file into the books and documents folders on both my device and ad card, then synced the achive and device options but the book does not show up,

Any ideas

Cheers highlander

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:02 AM
    Mine had to go into the misc:android:kindle folder
    eunoia likes this.
    03-23-13 08:19 AM
    There is a folder called Kindle but it can't be seen using the file manager on the Z10. Basically you need to install ghost commander which is available in appworld.

Do this... copy your mobi files to the download folder on the Z10. Then run ghost commander and go to local storage and browse to the downloads folder. You will see that ghost commander let's you browse on location on the left and a different location on the right. (the top of ghost commander split screens two different locations, left side choose your download and on the right choose Kindle folder)

Go to the left side (download folder) Select your mobi file by holding it down and choosing copy. It will paste into the Kindle folder which you have chosen on the right. Voila your books will now show up in the Kindle app.

Posted via CB10
    HIGHLANDER likes this.
    03-23-13 08:22 AM
    The simplest way to get your own books onto any kindle is probably to just use the send to email address that is created for it, just look on the manage your kindle pages on the amazon site under personal document settings and you will see the email address for each app and/or kindle you are using.

Similarly the send to Kindle browser extension also allows you to choose what devices you want to send something to.
    niss63 likes this.
    03-23-13 08:45 AM
    There is a folder called Kindle but it can't be seen using the file manager on the Z10. Basically you need to install ghost commander which is available in appworld.

Posted via CB10
    The misc\android\kindle folder is the same. I think the one you are refering to is just a symbolic link to this folder.

You should be able to use file manager to move mobi files into this folder.

Posted on playbook using Tapatalk
    03-23-13 09:21 AM

Do this... copy your mobi files to the download folder on the Z10. Then run ghost commander and go to local storage and browse to the downloads folder. You will see that ghost commander let's you browse on location on the left and a different location on the right. (the top of ghost commander split screens two different locations, left side choose your download and on the right choose Kindle folder)

Go to the left side (download folder) Select your mobi file by holding it down and choosing copy. It will paste into the Kindle folder which you have chosen on the right. Voila your books will now show up in the Kindle app.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Carlos,that worked a treat although i had to move the mobi file in ghost commander not copy it into the Kindle folder i had highlighted.
    Thanks for helping and i hope it helps some others who maybe having the same issue.

Cheers Highlander
    03-23-13 11:16 AM
    The misc\android\kindle folder is the same. I think the one you are refering to is just a symbolic link to this folder.

You should be able to use file manager to move mobi files into this folder.

Posted on playbook using Tapatalk
    I have done this and the .mobi files are not showing me books in the Kindle app. Going to try the ghost option to see if there is a hidden folder for kindle
    03-25-13 12:04 AM
    tried the Ghost commander and it worked .... thanks
    03-29-13 04:25 PM
    There is no send-to-kindle email address in the sideload 3.2.0.35 version of Kindle. And the 3.4 version just crashes. I think you need the send-to-kindle email address function if you want books to sync across devices, as I can do between iphone and ipad and BB Z10. Wish this worked on the Playbook.
    05-13-13 01:03 AM
    There is no send-to-kindle email address in the sideload 3.2.0.35 version of Kindle. And the 3.4 version just crashes. I think you need the send-to-kindle email address function if you want books to sync across devices, as I can do between iphone and ipad and BB Z10. Wish this worked on the Playbook.
    This thread is talking about Kindle on the Z10, though - which is version 3.8.something.

mobi files can be either copied directly into the folder specified, or using something like Calibre to copy mobi files to a single directory (ie the folder mentioned, when the Z10 is plugged into your computer via USB).

Sync of sideloaded docs like this, works with other Kindle devices, so the BB10 Kindle version is significantly improved over any previously sideloaded versions (ie on the PlayBook).
    05-13-13 06:04 AM
    Thanks Mcbarrett. Spent a bunch of time on BBLink with no success and then put books in Documents folders using File Manager with similar results until I moved to the right folder ... presto works like a charm.
    10-04-13 11:52 PM
    The Folder for Kindle books is really quite buried

From my Desktop using Win Explorer I just moved a book there:

\\192.168.1.66\media\misc\android\Android\data\com .amazon.kindle\files

The IP address is mine but the rest probably can get you there.
    10-05-13 12:10 AM
    Hi, I have a Z10 with the latest version of Kindle, I've found a folder /sdcard/kindle with Ghost Commander, but I get a denied access message when I try to copy or move a .mobi file from the Downloads folder.
    There's another /mnt/sdcard/Kindle folder, but it won't open at all.
    08-09-14 01:09 PM
    Hi, I have a Z10 with the latest version of Kindle, I've found a folder /sdcard/kindle with Ghost Commander, but I get a denied access message when I try to copy or move a .mobi file from the Downloads folder.
    There's another /mnt/sdcard/Kindle folder, but it won't open at all.
    My books are in:

\media\misc\android\kindle\

which is INTERNAL memory
    08-10-14 09:37 PM
    Thanks to all -- was able to move my books from the Media Card, Books Folder to the Kindle folder on the Device using the built-in File Manager's Copy & Paste features. On the Q10 (at least) the three stripe menu on the left edge allows you to choose Media Card or Device (this is version 10.3.2).
    05-05-17 06:48 PM