When I got my BB10 device, I'd heard that the maps program was broken. So, when I went in and tweaked the settings as much as I could to optimize it, and it still pumped out brutal routes, I wasn't surprised and got over it pretty quickly.

I proceeded to get Google Maps on my phone and use it mostly. But every time I went back to BB Maps and tried to use it, I really was mind-blown at what terrible routes it gave me. Like... really really brutal routes. Adding 3 or 4 hours to a 2 hour drive, taking me on long windy routes.

So, I'm sitting there one day looking through the program again, asking myself the "why in the world is this so bad?" question, when I see it.

For MONTHS now, in the route options, where it has the on off switches for toll roads and highways and such, I must have thought they were "yes I want toll roads" and "yes I want car-sharing lanes", when it very explicitly says "AVOID" these options, on/off.

Of COURSE it has been giving me bad routes! I told it I didn't want highways or traffic-enhanced routes!

Thus, I officially admit here on Crackberry that I'm a tool, and now that I've turned all those features back on... lo and behold! The BB10 maps program actually rocks! I use it over Google Maps now every time.
    07-24-14 09:28 PM

Well, at least you owned up to it lol.
    07-24-14 09:30 PM
    Hey we all have those moments.
    Shadowyugi and campbecw like this.
    07-24-14 09:32 PM
    That is called "scenic" mode
    campbecw likes this.
    07-24-14 09:34 PM
    Lolz

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-24-14 09:37 PM
    A real Man can admit his mistakes

Z10
    GRojasHruska and campbecw like this.
    07-24-14 09:39 PM
    Sad that it doesn't work in my side of the planet. Waze is doing it for me. It even tells me "Rain in 5 minutes". -)

BBQ10
    07-24-14 09:48 PM
    That is called "scenic" mode
    Also known as I'm on a motorcycle mode. I use it frequently when I've got nowhere to be and all day to get there.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-24-14 09:53 PM
    Also known as I'm on a motorcycle mode. I use it frequently when I've got nowhere to be and all day to get there.

Posted via CB10
    You know what? That's actually awesome. I'm gonna try that!
    07-24-14 09:59 PM
    I don't really associate "tool" for making a mistake to oneself without harm to others. I usually call someone a "tool" for something someone did to me or another person that was d*ckish. This was more "stunned" (Eastern Canadian term.. ie, "He's some stunned, b'ye").

So if you were bad mouthing BB Maps for months to other people, then you would be a tool.
    07-24-14 10:09 PM
    I don't really associate "tool" for making a mistake to oneself without harm to others. I usually call someone a "tool" for something someone did to me or another person that was d*ckish. This was more "stunned" (Eastern Canadian term.. ie, "He's some stunned, b'ye").

So if you were bad mouthing BB Maps for months to other people, then you would be a tool.
    Nope, never did that. I've only sing praises to other people (though here in the community I'm more than willing to point out flaws haha).

Your very specific definition of "tool" intrigues me. And I've lived in Eastern Canada and never heard that other term :P For far east are you!?
    07-24-14 10:17 PM
    Hey we all have those moments.
    Speak for yourself...

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-24-14 10:23 PM
    Speak for yourself...

Posted via CB10
    Actually i was speaking for everyone else, i just wanted to join in , lol
    walt63 likes this.
    07-24-14 10:27 PM
    Did that with my first Garmin years ago. Learned my lesson too! I find BB maps pretty good, though not as easy to use as the Garmin. .
    07-24-14 11:41 PM
    Can't say I've done that one...but yes..BB Maps is amazing

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    07-25-14 12:05 AM
    Nope, never did that. I've only sing praises to other people (though here in the community I'm more than willing to point out flaws haha).

Your very specific definition of "tool" intrigues me. And I've lived in Eastern Canada and never heard that other term :P For far east are you!?
    This shows how long it's been since away, it should have been "You're stunned as me arse, b'y"

Newfoundland English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    07-25-14 03:07 AM
    That's just silly, you must feel like an *****. A brave ***** though, for admitting your mistake. Well done!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-25-14 04:02 AM
    That's why I don't have complains in BlackBerry 10 because I know how it works.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 04:15 AM
    Ok, anymore confessions? Speak up now, might as well get it all out of the way. Maybe start a thread on the screw ups we all had with devices. I wonder how long that will be, just for entertainment purposes of course. Get to work on it you Silly Looking Fat Farmer.
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-25-14 07:27 AM
    I've been doing the same 4.5 hour commute though the back country of Northern Ontario for about two years now pretty much every week. I've tried every GPS (in car, portable and smartphone based ones) I could. BlackBerry is the ONLY one that picks the true shortest route (on roads you can drive on at least). Some of them get most of it right but then pull dumb details like 40 km detours when you are 20 kms from the destination. Others try to send me along the major highways at least 100 kms off the shortest route. I'm pretty impressed with it. Now if they can just get a sexy voice on the turn by turn.... the one they have sure wakes you up when it comes time to turn!
    07-25-14 07:36 AM
    Ok, anymore confessions? Speak up now, might as well get it all out of the way. Maybe start a thread on the screw ups we all had with devices. I wonder how long that will be, just for entertainment purposes of course. Get to work on it you Silly Looking Fat Farmer.
    Gee now who could you be talking about,
    07-25-14 06:45 PM