08-07-14 02:36 PM
37 12
tools
    I can't believe it's been nearly 11 months since I started this thread! Yes, I recently loaded the 10.2.1.537 leak and then loaded e-Wallet from the Amazon store (because I had already purchased it there for my Android tablet). It seems to be working fine--glad I took a chance and got a Z10 during the Black Friday sale!
    02-13-14 01:24 AM
    I Upgraded my Q10 to 10.2.1.537 using sachesi (got tired of waiting for AT&T). Load latest "SNAP' application, purchased the Android eWallet version from the google play store from PC. Then, using the Blackberry SNAP app, I downloaded the "paid" eWallet app onto my Q10. To sync the wallets. I used a USB drive (created a folder eWallet on the USB) then sync'ed my PC eWallet to that and copied the wallet file only to my q10 (Device\misc\android\eWallet). At least now I have my eWallet on my device
    02-27-14 06:33 PM
    I just purchased the new eWallet app from Google Play for the Z10 and loaded it using Snap. See URL below.
    How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10.2.1 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com

Pretty excited to finally get eWallet on the z10.... I opened it in Snap and selected "Open Installer". To my complete and utter dismay I received the following error:
    "Unable to install this app".

Anyone have a clue?
    03-26-14 04:09 PM
    Rich, just downloaded the paid version to my Z10 (10.2.1.537) using SNAP (2.0.0.2), no problem installing and running on my Z10 or Q10. I would try uninstalling and re-installing SNAP and giving the download another try, or you can also check to make sure you have enough space to install (sorry don't know how much space is needed); just some options to try...Device Monitor shows the following regarding the installed eWallet App: Install = 1.6MB Data = 924KB Total = 2.5MB
    04-10-14 11:53 PM
    Or download eWallet from the Amazon app store--no Snap required.
    04-11-14 12:07 AM
    I have been using eWallet GO on my Android device and desktop, but am unable to get it working on my BB 10 device (Q10). I have the app installed (via snap). But I can't get it to restore the wallet I have. I've tried restoring from both DropBox and Google Docs. Anyone have any luck using eWallet GO on a BB10 device?

Thanks.
    04-18-14 02:22 PM
    Anyone have any luck using eWallet GO on a BB10 device?

Thanks.
    I have the same problem. Hoping someone can come up with a solution!
    04-22-14 03:53 PM
    I Upgraded my Q10 to 10.2.1.537 using sachesi (got tired of waiting for AT&T). Load latest "SNAP' application, purchased the Android eWallet version from the google play store from PC. Then, using the Blackberry SNAP app, I downloaded the "paid" eWallet app onto my Q10. To sync the wallets. I used a USB drive (created a folder eWallet on the USB) then sync'ed my PC eWallet to that and copied the wallet file only to my q10 (Device\misc\android\eWallet). At least now I have my eWallet on my device
    I have been using this USB method to transfer for quite awhile on a z10. It works great! After installing eWallet on the z10 I named a wallet the same as my PC and then had to copy the android.id file to the USB for first sync.
    04-22-14 09:01 PM
    eWallet for BB10 is now available through BlackBerry App World. Be sure to choose "eWallet for BlackBerry 10"!

You'll need the latest WinPC eWallet update (free if you already own version 7.x of eWallet for WinPC - just install the latest trial over your current eWallet).

You won't be using Link or the BB Desktop Software to sync eWallet with the BB10.

The BB10 eWallet on BBWorld uses the Android Wireless sync in eWallet. Start the Sync Setup in eWallet on the BB10 device FIRST (start eWallet, press sync button), and when it tells you to go to the PC, choose Setup - ADD - Android - Wireless, and complete the instructions. And Sync!

If you are having trouble, you can reach me through: https://www.iliumsoft.com/contactus/

Lee @ Ilium Software
    arieltf and FrycHiKn like this.
    07-10-14 03:07 PM
    Lee,

That's great news! But for those of us who loaded the Android version--either via the Amazon store or Snap--are there any advantages to getting the BB10 version? (I don't mind purchasing it if there's an advantage, but since the Android version seems to be working reasonably well, I don't really want to risk changing things for no advantage).
    07-11-14 12:00 AM
    Lee,

That's great news! But for those of us who loaded the Android version--either via the Amazon store or Snap--are there any advantages to getting the BB10 version? (I don't mind purchasing it if there's an advantage, but since the Android version seems to be working reasonably well, I don't really want to risk changing things for no advantage).
    Excellent question! If you are already using eWallet purchased through Amazon or Google Play on your BB10 device, and it is working for you, then that is all you need (no difference in the app other than packaging). Be sure you are keeping up with the eWallet updates, especially on the PC. (If you have the PC eWallet 7.5 or newer, you have auto-update notification now. If not, install the latest trial version over your current v7.x eWallet.). Lee @ Ilium Software
    07-11-14 01:33 PM
    Lee,

I liked your last answer (and stuck with my version downloaded from Amazon app store), but the recent security breach issues out of Russia led me to re-think this. Is there any security advantage to downloading the native version from BlackBerry World vs using one downloaded from Amazon App Store?
    08-07-14 02:36 PM
37 12