The main thing that's keeping me from getting a BB10 phone is that eWallet is not available for it. I depend on eWallet, and when I checked with them last week they said they're still evaluating their plans for BB10. Since that's what they told me 4 months ago, I'm not optimistic. It's been annoying not having it available on my PB, but I could get by since I'd also have my 9650 with me. But I really can't see how I'd get by without it on either.

Anyone know of a good alternative to eWallet that works on BB10--and has a utility to import eWallet cards? I've got way too many cards to start over, and last I checked there's no easy way to export them to another program.

Alternatively, has anyone tried side-loading the Android version of eWallet? That makes me nervous, but if someone else has had success I'd feel better.

Thanks.
    03-31-13 06:03 PM
    This is the biggest missing app for me too. I tried side loading the Android version but it did not work well
    I see that Ascendo Data Vault is coming to z10 soon. I used this before E-Wallet so will have to switch back when Data Vault is released. I really like the sync to my PC and Kindle Fire without having my information in the cloud. Hopefully E-wallet will make an app in time to keep from having to switch!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:51 PM
    I have to agree on all accounts - eWallet is the best password keeper. I have it on the PC, older Blackberry and Android tablet, and it's super easy to sync across devices. I sure hope Ilium comes up with a BB10 version.
    04-07-13 11:29 AM
    I'm a long time eWallet user as well. I also reached out to them and their answer left me less than optimistic. I think the Ascendo Data Vault product will do the trick. You can easily import info from eWallet as well - I decided to try it on the desktop version. Anyone have a best guess on when they will release to BB10?
    04-07-13 06:44 PM
    There is another thread that says that Data Vault is in beta testing already but no promise date.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:10 PM
    Would you be willing to email me a description of what did not work well when you sideloaded the Android eWallet onto the Z10? Lee at IliumSoft
    04-08-13 11:21 AM
    It would be great if we could hear from Ilium whether they have plans to provide a BB10 version. It seems strange they made one for older Blackberry devices but have been non-committal about BB10. Surely there are lots of customers out there globally who would be interested.
    05-01-13 10:18 AM
    They are trying a port. Give little time.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:40 PM
    I went from ewallet to LastPass. In addition to working on all my devices including the Z10, it provides the log-in credentials and auto-generated passwords for websites, with a fill-in function available on the new BB devices. Stores information for offline access on my devices in encrypted format. I can access my vault from anywhere on any device as long as I have internet access. Very simple install process. Very handy!
    05-02-13 12:31 AM
    Was there a way to import your eWallet data into LastPass, or did you have to re-enter them all?
    05-02-13 11:38 PM
    OP, I too am in the same boat. I am holding off making the move to a Z10 and one of the major reasons is eWallet support. It is one of my critical path apps. One of the other great Ilium apps is ListPro. It is simply the best list manager for my money. However, Ilium never did do a BB port for that app. (too bad, a great loss for BB users and Ilium).

I can see from this thread that Lee from Ilium did ask for clarification on possible side-loading issues. Did anyone answer his inquiry? Since I have yet to move to the Z10, I am obviously unable. This may be a good first step to getting the Ilium folks engaged......
    Last edited by Ek-Balam; 05-03-13 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Wong Ilium name cited
    05-03-13 10:15 AM
    Yes, I have been giving Ilium feedback on the issue and they are working on resolving. It may be a race between eWallet and DataVault!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:08 AM
    Yes, I have been giving Ilium feedback on the issue and they are working on resolving. It may be a race between eWallet and DataVault!

Posted via CB10
    Great news! Thanks for getting engaged.
    05-03-13 12:48 PM
    Was there a way to import your eWallet data into LastPass, or did you have to re-enter them all?
    Sorry, I didn't look for a way to import the information to LastPass. I used this as an opportunity to cull through my information and to add the log-in information to LastPass, which would likely not transfer correctly from the fields in ewallet(many different versions of how I stored user names and passwords in ewallet).
    05-03-13 04:33 PM
    Isn't SplashID available? I use it as an alternative to eWallet and it's desktop syncing app works under Linux too ! It syncs over your wifi and not on the cloud so your data is safe
    Also imports eWallet
    05-03-13 08:02 PM
    SplashID doesn't show up in BlackBerry World for the z10.

Happy to get involved if eWallet becomes available for the z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:23 AM
    I tried splashid and did not work for me because they are a cloud based data only.
    Tried lastpass but didn't work because I found no way to import my data from ewallet
    Tried ascendo data vault and the import tool worked flawlessly but the syncing was a pain in the rear
    Ilium soft told me some people are side loading their android app but could not sync it with my pc so I'm just waiting a little longer to see if someone comes up with a solution or if ilium soft show some consideration for those of us that have remained loyal to ewallet for so many years
    05-11-13 10:22 PM
    I side loaded eWallet and the app itself worked great.

I could not get it to sync with my computer so I synced PC with my Nexus 7 then just copied the eWallet files to my BlackBerry manually.

Unfortunately eWallet stopped working after it could not authenticate with whomever (Illium or Google Play) that it was paid for and not pirated.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    06-11-13 09:33 PM
    That's disheartening.

I sure hope eWallet develops a native app by the time Sprint comes out with a Q10. (Now there's a peculiar "race.")
    06-12-13 12:23 AM
    Been with ewallet, since 2009 and had PC, ios, BlackBerry and android versions. Ditching it now and shifting to B-folders because I so love my q10 and just have no ewallet in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:49 AM
    ...shifting to B-folders because I so love my q10 and just have no ewallet in BB10.
    Posted via CB10
    I fail to see how B-Folders will help on your Q10 - I don't see a BB10 version, just android.
    07-10-13 12:47 PM
    Any updates since July? (I finally gave up on Sprint, switched to T-Mobile, and my new Z10 is due to arrive today.)
    12-17-13 05:05 PM
    Any updates since July? (I finally gave up on Sprint, switched to T-Mobile, and my new Z10 is due to arrive today.)
    if you download the beta OS 10.2.1.1055. Every app i've tried just downloading from google play on my phone (no need to sideload anymore) has worked
    p1800nut likes this.
    12-17-13 05:40 PM
    Has anyone tried eWallet for Android on 10.2 1?
    01-11-14 10:26 AM
    I'd love to know, too, if anyone has tried e-Wallet with OS 10.2.1. Really frustrating not having it available for Z10. Finally switched much of my data to it when ListPro was unavailable for any Blackberry... and now even e-Wallet not available for Z10. Grrr!
    02-12-14 09:35 AM
37 12