Wow people can't even bother to read app descriptions...
    Thread didn't ask for a copy/paste from BlackBerry World, but thanks for your valuable input...

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.1925
    02-03-14 08:06 PM
    I love developers like guy and Rudy Huyn on WP, they are the people that make the platforms they develop for. Without developers like them who are willing to take the risk of development on a relatively new platform the apps people want would never appear, albeit through a 3rd party app :-)
    I think when this functionality comes the app will certainly attract more users, particularly those on the fence about using it. Like I said for me the main thing was the original filters so this would be huge.

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.1925
    02-03-14 08:08 PM
    There are multiple reasons for the "hate" you're experiencing. For one you state iGrann, which just got released in it's very first public version, is inferiour to a sideloaded Android Instagram apk, an application which has been in development much longer. As many people stated, iGrann obviously isn't that much worse than Instagram. You have plenty of different editing options on BB10 (native, Effetica, Photo Studio,...) which can offer even richer editing for the pictures.

Next you're putting all the "Q" users to a small, uninteresting species. iGrann has been written from scratch to support the QWERTY as good as even possible in terms of UI, something most Android sideloads simply don't offer. Maybe you simply don't get this if you don't own such a device. Besides that, iGrann also supports a dark theme, which is nice and power saving for the Z30 people out there.

Many people around here, myself included, first get quite sensitive when it comes to native apps. If, how you are saying, sideloaded Android apps runs so well, why even bother creating native BB10 apps? Native apps usually not only offer a smoother UX, but they come with all the ideas and stuff BB10 itself has to offer. I'd take a decent developed native 3rd party client any day over a sideloaded Android counterpart. For example I also prefer Bee over sideloaded Tumblr, even though Bee is not really feature complete.

Last but not least you need to see the whole picture. Instagram was always one of the most top missing apps all the time. Developing a full featured 3rd party app is rather difficult because there aren't really open APIs available from IG. So developing such a thing is quite a task. There have been so many fakes ever since BB10 launched a year ago and suddenly iGrann turned out to be the real deal.
    But it's even more: The developer took quite some time discussing with the users here, shared his ideas for the UI design, answered all kinds of questions and was more than eager to help with any problems or bug reports. Try to get such support from IG themselves: You simply won't get such reaction from their devs.

The verdict: While iGrann might not offer the complete IG feature package, it offers many advantages over the sideloaded app, the simple feature "native" is for many people reason alone to prefer it over the official application.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    Sorry, I didn't realise everyone on this forum was best mates with the dev, and by me trying to understand how a third party client app could possibly serve better than an original would make people so defensive. I stand by my original post and while this hasn't been the most constructive thread I've definitely sought out the information I was looking for so cheers for the information you provided.

You raise the point if Android apps work so well what is the point of dev's creating native apps for BlackBerry 10. Well the same can be said for iGrann to some extent. If iGrann is so good as and better than instagram as some of you have put it, what need is there for instagram to bother looking into a native experience for BlackBerry 10?

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.1925
    02-03-14 08:16 PM
    igrann is awful compared to android version. I just like how you can save pictures , so I have them both installed on my z10 if I want to easily share a picture. otherwise, the android version of instagram is better because, well, it's instagram lol
    02-05-14 02:43 PM
    Thread didn't ask for a copy/paste from BlackBerry World, but thanks for your valuable input...
    SQN100-3; 10.2.1.1925
    Unfortunately your input is not much more valuable, you just stack in your own deal breaker - few hard coded filters. Several people explained you why they prefer iGrann over Instagram, yet you still don't see any advantages of using native 3d party app over Android sideloaded port of official one.
    02-05-14 05:13 PM
    Unfortunately your input is not much more valuable, you just stack in your own deal breaker - few hard coded filters. Several people explained you why they prefer iGrann over Instagram, yet you still don't see any advantages of using native 3d party app over Android sideloaded port of official one.
    Actually, his input is more valuable than simply copy/pasting the Dev's description, which many have done.
    The OP has shared his own opinion, provided us with his comment and invited a discussion on the topic.
    Your comment, however, seeks to dis-entitle him from being able to have his own opinion, presumably because it fails to accord with your own. It in no way does anything to further the discussion regarding the merits of iGrann.
    02-05-14 06:07 PM
    Sorry, I didn't realise everyone on this forum was best mates with the dev, and by me trying to understand how a third party client app could possibly serve better than an original would make people so defensive. I stand by my original post and while this hasn't been the most constructive thread I've definitely sought out the information I was looking for so cheers for the information you provided.

You raise the point if Android apps work so well what is the point of dev's creating native apps for BlackBerry 10. Well the same can be said for iGrann to some extent. If iGrann is so good as and better than instagram as some of you have put it, what need is there for instagram to bother looking into a native experience for BlackBerry 10?

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.1925
    If you use the android port and igrann, it's common sense which one is better lol. In case you didn't know it's igrann.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 07:30 PM
    I have been using igrann now for a few months on my Q10. Yes it filled the need for instagram. But It has been buggy and frustrating along the way! I got the apk through snap and boy is there a huge difference, speed loading, liking, commenting is done without issues! Will I continue to use igrann? I will get the updates as they come and continue to try to support the developer that has gone well out of the way to provide us bb10 users a fill in. But in the end I use what works.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 09:10 PM
    How does it go with the screen size?
    I'm about to replace my Z10 with a Q10 and this is the only app I use that I have any hesitation about moving to a smaller screen.
    02-05-14 11:55 PM
    iGrann... really?-img_20140206_062032.png

This is how it looks on the Q10. The picture is a little big for the area allowed but the app works great.

Posted via CB10
    EarlofEltham likes this.
    02-06-14 05:22 AM
    Actually, his input is more valuable than simply copy/pasting the Dev's description, which many have done.
    The OP has shared his own opinion, provided us with his comment and invited a discussion on the topic.
    Valuable input? Let's see...

- the title of this thread is already suggests negativity, like the author asked if few hundred thousands of people are totally dumb to even look at that app. If the author was inviting for conversation he could choose more neutral title like "iGrann vs Instagram", etc.
    - the first sentence of author's post starts immediately from bashing the iGrann "Can someone please explain to me how using iGrann for BlackBerry 10 is even remotely better than using the Android apk file for the official Instagram?". Nice way to engage people in productive conversation.
    - in second sentence he partially answers his own question "Yeah it's not integrated into the hub or optimised for Q users but other than that it's pretty darn spot on and most of its features work relatively well and smoothly, particularly on 10.2.1."
    - the in 3d sentence we discover that author didn't even bother to try iGrann in the first place before discussing it.

Just to conclude, the post itself was not suggesting any useful conversation due to the tone and the way author decided to write it ("although the name 'iGrann' makes me think of some sort of old people type app"). Nevertheless CB members tried to explain the reasons to prefer using iGrann over "official" Instagram client.

Your comment, however, seeks to dis-entitle him from being able to have his own opinion, presumably because it fails to accord with your own. It in no way does anything to further the discussion regarding the merits of iGrann.
    I'm sorry if my comment made you to think so, it wasn't in my intentions. Everyone is entitled to have his/her own opinion about everything, but when you post your opinion on the fan (not fanboys) forum where the official app's thread in question had the largest number of replies, try to be a bit more respectful. Also, before starting to discuss the app making yourself familiar with it may add more credibility to your post too.
    Taigatrommel and the_igg like this.
    02-06-14 05:34 AM
    @bb10_fan I share similar sentiments. The thing that made me not take this guy seriously is cause he never tried iGrann, yet wants to make some blanket statement about it? I get it.. iGrann has no instagram filters... yet, but you have not tried it, how can you possibly comment on it?? smh
    02-06-14 08:09 AM
    Is there a way to delete or edit title of pic posted on Igrann?

Publicado con Z10
    02-07-14 09:36 PM
    Is there a way to delete or edit title of pic posted on Igrann?

Publicado con Z10
    I meant delete pic or edit title of pic posted.

Publicado con Z10
    02-07-14 09:37 PM
    I meant delete pic or edit title of pic posted.

Publicado con Z10
    You can delete by long pressing the picture and selecting the thrash can icon.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 10:47 PM
    You can delete by long pressing the picture and selecting the thrash can icon.

Posted via CB10
    Got it.. what about editing title of post?

Publicado con Zeta Diez
    02-07-14 11:10 PM
66 123