I think this guy (with all my respect) just wanted to have a 'popular' thread with too many answers....

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    drfever likes this.
    01-28-14 07:36 PM
    If you don't like it, no one is making you use it. I don't give a fart about instagram, let alone two ****s, but I am still grateful the developer made it for those who want it.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 07:39 PM
    I don't use Instagram either. I just downloaded and rated 5 stars. Dev did a great job on the app and people should be grateful how much time he put into it without charging.

Even if Instagram were to make an official app for BlackBerry, I would use Igrann because the dev is a part of this community and he didn't tell us "there's not enough users for it to be worth it to develop an app for bb"

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 07:57 PM
    I can not even get a picture to upload! How the heck did you get that accomplished?? Help anyone!!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 08:18 PM
    BBM: 2B1F4D96 Channels: C00121E43
    01-28-14 08:42 PM
    It's funny how people begged, and rallied behind the dev during the creation of this app, just complain about it once it was released?

I think iGrann is EXCELLENT!!, and worth every 5STAR in the reviews.

BBM: 2B1F4D96 Channels: C00121E43
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    01-28-14 08:48 PM
    I've always been an Instagram user and it was a real deal breaker when I knew that I could have instagram in blackberry. So far I used the normal apk instagram and it was working really good altough it didnt have notifications and for me, having a Q10 it was kind of hard to see the whole pictures.

As soon I knew that Igrann was released I gave it a try and it was awesome, it has a lot of features that the original instagram doesnt, and for viewing pictures is way better than the original.

For me, the native apps are way better than the original ones and they represent an advance in the effort of making blackberry better and better each day.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 09:00 PM
    Wow... so much hate, for the sake of a question being asked.

I gather that people prefer native clients over original apk files. That is totally fine. Each to their own.

A lot of the points are valid and have left me willing to give iGrann another go, particularly with IG filters coming soon, there's something to look forward to.

I really don't get why people are getting so upset. This is part of the reason why I viewed CB for so long before joining. While the bulk of the community is keen on help, advice and constructive argument, many people just plain and simple don't like when people have a different point of view to their own. I poised a sincere question about why there was so much hype and interest around an app which doesn't serve as useful as the original (IMHO) and some of the responses are nothing short of juvenile. I'm not 'ungrateful' or trolling and I certainly didn't start this thread to be 'popular' (that one actually made me lol, as in literally laugh at loud).

Anyway, thanks to those of you that responded with the right intentions, I'll certainly look into giving it another try.

Cheers

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.1925
    danielrivers likes this.
    01-29-14 01:47 AM
    dayno25, I'd say CrackBerry members are passionate about iGrann. Did you know he posted a thread on here and spent MONTHS asking questions and taking suggestions from members while making the app? Rather impressive if you ask me.

Anyway, I just wanted to say this, let's time how long it takes Instagram to open and be active via your BlackBerry versus opening and using iGrann. Yep, the end
    bb10_fan likes this.
    01-29-14 02:18 AM

I gather that people prefer native clients over original apk files. That is totally fine. Each to their own.

A lot of the points are valid and have left me willing to give iGrann another go, particularly with IG filters coming soon, there's something to look forward to.

I really don't get why people are getting so upset. This is part of the reason why I viewed CB for so long before joining. While the bulk of the community is keen on help, advice and constructive argument, many people just plain and simple don't like when people have a different point of view to their own. I poised a sincere question about why there was so much hype and interest around an app which doesn't serve as useful as the original (IMHO) and some of the responses are nothing short of juvenile. I'm not 'ungrateful' or trolling and I certainly didn't start this thread to be 'popular' (that one actually made me lol, as in literally laugh at loud).

Anyway, thanks to those of you that responded with the right intentions, I'll certainly look into giving it another try.

Cheers

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.1925
    I thought your question was reasonable. I sue iGrann for a number of reasons.

1. Its native, no fiddling with sideloading or issues with commenting I had with my Q10 on posts.
    2. ReGrann is very useful
    3. Can save images to my phone
    4. Optomised for the screen resolution
    5. On my Q10 i uses the snap to edge, which automatically lines up images as i scroll very nice for scanning though posts.
    6. Themes, it has dark/light plus a 'modern' theme which is just the images and not the rest of the crap underneath.

Here is further to be released features:

IG direct, native filters, hub integration which are promised incoming.

As someone on here has also mentioned Effetica is a great filter app which does way more than the native filters, and posting to iGrann is just a share away.

Hope this helps
    01-29-14 05:51 AM
    Support BlackBerry developers. We need apps like Igrann and Whine and snappy/ snap2chat to put pressure on the big app companies to bring their products over here. Granted Igrann is not fully featured and I've ran into a few bugs. They native versions will only get better and eventually surpass the quality of the official apps as is the case with Blaq

- Developer of PinGuin
    01-29-14 09:29 AM
    I have both. I think I'm going to try to work solely with iGrann (except for uploading vids) and see how I like it.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 05:54 PM
    What do you mean pad pic with effect and how do you do so?

Publicado con Z10
    01-31-14 10:51 PM

[...]
    I really don't get why people are getting so upset. This is part of the reason why I viewed CB for so long before joining. While the bulk of the community is keen on help, advice and constructive argument, many people just plain and simple don't like when people have a different point of view to their own. I poised a sincere question about why there was so much hype and interest around an app which doesn't serve as useful as the original (IMHO) and some of the responses are nothing short of juvenile.
    There are multiple reasons for the "hate" you're experiencing. For one you state iGrann, which just got released in it's very first public version, is inferiour to a sideloaded Android Instagram apk, an application which has been in development much longer. As many people stated, iGrann obviously isn't that much worse than Instagram. You have plenty of different editing options on BB10 (native, Effetica, Photo Studio,...) which can offer even richer editing for the pictures.

Next you're putting all the "Q" users to a small, uninteresting species. iGrann has been written from scratch to support the QWERTY as good as even possible in terms of UI, something most Android sideloads simply don't offer. Maybe you simply don't get this if you don't own such a device. Besides that, iGrann also supports a dark theme, which is nice and power saving for the Z30 people out there.

Many people around here, myself included, first get quite sensitive when it comes to native apps. If, how you are saying, sideloaded Android apps runs so well, why even bother creating native BB10 apps? Native apps usually not only offer a smoother UX, but they come with all the ideas and stuff BB10 itself has to offer. I'd take a decent developed native 3rd party client any day over a sideloaded Android counterpart. For example I also prefer Bee over sideloaded Tumblr, even though Bee is not really feature complete.

Last but not least you need to see the whole picture. Instagram was always one of the most top missing apps all the time. Developing a full featured 3rd party app is rather difficult because there aren't really open APIs available from IG. So developing such a thing is quite a task. There have been so many fakes ever since BB10 launched a year ago and suddenly iGrann turned out to be the real deal.
    But it's even more: The developer took quite some time discussing with the users here, shared his ideas for the UI design, answered all kinds of questions and was more than eager to help with any problems or bug reports. Try to get such support from IG themselves: You simply won't get such reaction from their devs.

The verdict: While iGrann might not offer the complete IG feature package, it offers many advantages over the sideloaded app, the simple feature "native" is for many people reason alone to prefer it over the official application.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    Dr.Deebs, coloibarra and bb10_fan like this.
    02-01-14 12:29 AM
    Probably dumb question but what is the ReGrann option for?

Publicado con Z10
    02-01-14 07:33 AM
    Probably dumb question but what is the ReGrann option for?

Publicado con Z10
    It's function just like instagram repost.
    Just try it at least to know what it's for..

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    02-01-14 07:38 AM
    What do you mean pad pic with effect and how do you do so?

Publicado con Z10
    Since Instagram allows only squared images to be posted you would crop your normal 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ration pics to comply. Effetica added a tool that allows to preserve the whole image by adding extra pixels to smallest dimension of that image making it square. Try it yourself to see the effect
    02-01-14 10:02 AM
    Igrann>instagram

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 10:32 AM
    Since Instagram allows only squared images to be posted you would crop your normal 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ration pics to comply. Effetica added a tool that allows to preserve the whole image by adding extra pixels to smallest dimension of that image making it square. Try it yourself to see the effect
    I need a step by step.

Publicado con Z10
    02-01-14 11:09 AM
    Anyone bored with time on their hands?....

Publicado con Z10
    02-01-14 11:12 AM
    I need a step by step.

Publicado con Z10
    Hmm, step by step? OK, here it goes:

- open Effetica
    - select the image you want to edit
    - go to Pad tool, select first tab Presets (if it's not selected yet)
    - select Square preset (1st one)
    - tap Apply button
    - select Share and then iGrann (or whatever client you use) to share image to Instagram or Save to save your image for later posting
    02-01-14 12:08 PM
    Hmm, step by step? OK, here it goes:

- open Effetica
    - select the image you want to edit
    - go to Pad tool, select first tab Presets (if it's not selected yet)
    - select Square preset (1st one)
    - tap Apply button
    - select Share and then iGrann (or whatever client you use) to share image to Instagram or Save to save your image for later posting
    Wow! That works. Thanks for helping out a BB brother from another mother out.

Publicado con Z10
    02-01-14 12:59 PM
    Yup the pad tool is really useful. So glad that the effetica developer listened to my suggestion about this and implemented it into the effetica app. Effetica is by far my most used and arguably the only photo editing app (not counting the in built stock photo editor) that I use.
    02-01-14 09:07 PM
    I haven't seen such developer(Adrian).. always quick in responding.. I dropped an email too few months back to IG developer and so far I haven't even got an acknowledgement email!!
    Attachment 242366

Posted via CB10
    I love developers like this guy and Rudy Huyn on WP, they are the people that make the platforms they develop for. Without developers like them who are willing to take the risk of development on a relatively new platform the apps people want would never appear, albeit through a 3rd party app :-)
    Last edited by neo158; 02-05-14 at 12:11 PM.
    02-02-14 10:20 AM
    Wow people can't even bother to read app descriptions...
    Let's see: fully native navigation, dark theme to save battery on amoled (plus aesthetically better IMO) native photo editor, download pictures, regrann, view all liked photos, customizable layout.

Will be adding native filters, video, IG direct and is already approved for hub integration. I have no interest in side loading a apk file from a company that won't even bother making a app especially when there is a native one with many more features than the original one.
    02-02-14 12:21 PM
66 123