As a new owner of the z30 I was elated to get yesterday's os update that allowed for installation of Android apps.

I followed instructions to install the instagram app to my phone then read about igrann and decided to download that.

I up loaded three photos, one of my dog, one of me and friends smoking cigars and the third of a vacation picture of Times Square.

I put my phone down for 20 minutes came back, opened igrann and was prompted to log in. Upon doing so I got a message stating my account had been disabled for violating terms of service. I tried to log into instagram and got the same message.

I emailed the igramm team but there is no email for the instagram support team. I don't have a clue on which end the account was disabled from (igrann or instagram) .

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what may have triggered the disabling of the account?

Has anyone had any similar experience?

Is it likely the igrann team can restore the account or is it fried forever?

This is all brand new to me and am at a loss as to why this happened. Could it be I used the hash tag "CubanCigars". The whole thing seems silly to me.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 02:22 AM
    The iGrann team has nothing to do with it and they have no control over your Instagram account, so asking them to restore it is a bit futile. And yes, there has been a few reports of this happening. it's mainly because Instagram thinks it's a security breach and generally, they don't disable accounts... they just ask you to change the password and it's fine. However, it does seem they're getting more aggressive with this as was seen when 3rd party apps for Windows Phone started appearing as well. I'm sorry that happened to you but your best (and really, only) bet is to keep emailing Instagram as they're the only ones who can restore your account.
    01-30-14 02:37 AM
    Thank you for the reply. I will contact instagram but they don't readily make their email available. They must have thought that me using igrann was a breach and killed the account. That sucks knowing at any time my account can be pulled. I read their terms and they do prohibit the use of third party software so they must of hit the switch on my account as a a result

Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 08:05 AM
    Could the deactivated account be the result of using igrann? Technically a third party non instagram supported app?

Any insight to avoid having to go through this again would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:38 AM
    Could the deactivated account be the result of using igrann? Technically a third party non instagram supported app?

Posted via CB10
    If it was Igrann, there would be a lot more reports flooding these forums (or maybe it's still early!)... maybe a combination of a few things which leads to this.
    01-30-14 10:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Keep us updated to see if you get your account activated again and what could have caused the issue in the first place. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 11:57 AM
    Keep us updated to see if you get your account activated again and what could have caused the issue in the first place. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Will do. It's near impossible to find an email for instagram so I filed a bug report with detailed comments.

If anyone has a contact email for instagram. It would surely be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 01:00 PM
    Best way is to tweet them, I believe.
    01-30-14 01:14 PM
    Best way is to tweet them, I believe.
    I did that and so sent them a direct message on Facebook. Now I wait.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 01:50 PM
    Any updates? i just got my q10 yesterday, and installed igrann a while ago, but after reading this makes me dont want to use it at all, i may stick with my iphone for instagramming.
    Last edited by jeff_matanguihan; 02-13-14 at 09:34 PM.
    02-13-14 09:05 PM
    i have been using this since beta and haven't had this issue.
    02-13-14 09:16 PM
    i have been using this since beta and haven't had this issue.
    i successfully logged in! Love it. i just hope i wont be having issues in the futuree.
    02-13-14 09:45 PM
    Any updates? i just got my q10 yesterday, and installed igrann a while ago, but after reading this makes me dont want to use it at all, i may stick with my iphone for instagramming.
    If you plan on switching between igrann and official instagram, just be sure to log out of your account on each respective app before switching to the other.
    drfever likes this.
    02-14-14 07:36 AM
    Instagram never replied to numerous incident reports, tweets or direct messages on their Facebook page.

I did get a reply from igrann who suggested I sign out of igrann before using instagram and then sign out of instagram before going back to igrann.

No joy on getting my account reactivated. I set up another dummy account to test going back and forth and that got disabled again. Since opening my 3rd account all is well now using the recommendation made by igrann (logging out in between switching apps).

I a separate email regarding a technical issue igrann indicated an update was forthcoming to fix some glitches. I really only need to go to instagram to fool around with filters but once the update comes out I will most likely only stick with igrann.

Now I have a question.

Is there a way to block anyone from following me? I don't have a private locked account. I'm never a fan of locking social media accounts as it sort of defeats the purpose of using social media. I can't seem to find a way to block a user from flowing me on igrann though. There is one nut I so want to boot.

Cheers

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    02-14-14 11:51 AM
    Same crap happened to me! I was using IGRANN religiously and then Friday I had an issue with uploading a pic, and sat I was disabled.... like WTF. No way to contact them except thru FB or Twitter.... this is real unprofessional. At least tell us what we are violated for... WTF!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 06:00 AM
    Same crap happened to me! I was using IGRANN religiously and then Friday I had an issue with uploading a pic, and sat I was disabled.... like WTF. No way to contact them except thru FB or Twitter.... this is real unprofessional. At least tell us what we are violated for... WTF!

Posted via CB10
    They (instagram) won't get back to you. The terms violated were using 3rd party software.

You used igrann religiously. Can I ask did you then use instagram to upload the pic you bad trouble with?

With both accounts logged in it triggers their anti spam or security features.

I wrote to the igrann developer and in a quick reply email I was told that when switching between the two, ensure you log out of igrann first. Then when done with instagram make sure you log out before going back to igrann.

Your account won't be reactivated. I had to use another email to set up a new account.

Now I only use igrann. I have too many photos up in my account to risk it being disabled again plus I've gained new followers etc that will have trouble finding me because I would have to change the user name.

I had sent many tweets to instagram and many direct Facebook messages and didn't get one reply. I even opened incident logs on their site to which I never even received an acknowledgment. Their [email protected] email kicks back as an email account that is no ponder monitored so that would be a waste too.

So be careful and either stick to one or make sure you log out of one before using the other and vice versa.

02-23-14 10:22 AM
    Just checked now Igrann working 100%

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 10:29 AM
    They (instagram) won't get back to you. The terms violated were using 3rd party software.

You used igrann religiously. Can I ask did you then use instagram to upload the pic you bad trouble with?

With both accounts logged in it triggers their anti spam or security features.

I wrote to the igrann developer and in a quick reply email I was told that when switching between the two, ensure you log out of igrann first. Then when done with instagram make sure you log out before going back to igrann.

Your account won't be reactivated. I had to use another email to set up a new account.

Now I only use igrann. I have too many photos up in my account to risk it being disabled again plus I've gained new followers etc that will have trouble finding me because I would have to change the user name.

I had sent many tweets to instagram and many direct Facebook messages and didn't get one reply. I even opened incident logs on their site to which I never even received an acknowledgment. Their [email protected] email kicks back as an email account that is no ponder monitored so that would be a waste too.

So be careful and either stick to one or make sure you log out of one before using the other and vice versa.

I had IG installed on my ipod, which was never used. It just sat there for months, I never even used it to upload a pic. And when I got my Z30, I never put IG just Igrann on it, and never ever had a problem, until Friday when the app froze on me. For that they delete you, but for all the other vulgar questionable things, they let fly.

I'm upset cause I had a ton of people I followed and pics up.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 11:02 AM