So, this may be in no was feeisable with copyrights and other legal stuff I dont understand, but with 10.2.1 right around the corner wouldnt it be great if CrackBerry would make an "app store" that offered .apk files for download that were known to work well on BB10? They could even set up a true store with app developers that had a payment system so everyone can win. I know Amazon has said that they wont stop BlackBerry users from using their downloads but it would be nice to have something a little more "official" and would give Crackberry greater recognition while also promoting the fact that .apk's can be used on BlackBerry and the app gap has been dimished. Just an idea...

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 09:21 PM
    I think with 10.2.1 being released many android apps can be added directly to BlackBerry World. No porting etc.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 10:36 PM
    But will BBworld actually do that? I dont see them putting .apk files on there.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 10:47 PM
    Nobody else than the developers of those Android Apps are responsible for this. Everything else would be "publishing a pirate copy".
    01-26-14 04:00 AM
    Nobody else than the developers of those Android Apps are responsible for this. Everything else would be "publishing a pirate copy".
    Thats why I feel this would need to be an "official" app.

Crackberry finds android apps that work well on BB10 and offers to developers to publish them on their "app store", with their permission. It all equals to better distribution/sales for the app devs and easier access to android .apk's for non tech savvy BlackBerry users. Win-win right?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 07:41 AM
    Crackberry, at one time, did sell Apps for the older OS. They did it through a 3rd party.
    01-26-14 09:09 AM
    Android is open source. No piracy needed.

Trusted Member Genius
    01-26-14 04:15 PM
    Android is open source. No piracy needed.
    Just because the operating system is open source doesn't mean all the apps are… so publishing any app (even if it's free) without the owner/creator's permission would be illegal…
    taheryosefi and QtHelex like this.
    01-27-14 12:56 AM
    Just because the operating system is open source doesn't mean all the apps are… so publishing any app (even if it's free) without the owner/creator's permission would be illegal…
    All the more reason to have an official app store available... IMO

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:24 AM
    All the more reason to have an official app store available... IMO
    I agree – but I would prefer it to be available through BB World (which would make more sense as it's already integrated), even though I don't care for Android apps on my BB…
    01-27-14 10:14 AM