I know that we are all frustrated that cool stuff exists for BlackBerry but you have to sideload it to get it (bars).

This is all the more frustrating since you can download and install any Apk now.

My bet, is that BlackBerry needs to keep control, of course, over BlackBerry apps, and provide a level of quality control over what goes into BlackBerry World. The professional side of me understands they have to uphold their Brand.

So, how about the following. Make it easy to load Bars via Beta Zone - and make Beta Zone the non-offical non-approved Bar manager. Put all the right disclaimers etc on it so Blackberry protects itself, but let the average person skip the need to figure out how to sideload to get cool stuff like Snap and Igrann.

The fact that there is no "download and install" for bar files is a little silly.

BlackBerry, just protect yourself, and let it fly!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by leejayh; 12-01-13 at 01:34 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-01-13 11:47 AM
    How difficult is it to sideload with vnBB?
    I can see your point but its not impossible to sideload.
    Having said that, well then...make it even easier by allowing us to sideload right on the device. I agree.
    12-01-13 12:37 PM
    It is not difficult. But you have to consider the average Smart phone user. They are willing to do nothing. And, my goal is to get the masses to switch, not just the faithful on Crackberry. I have tried - and having to explain sideloading just does not work.

Case in point - my whole family uses Blackberry BB10 devices. Getting my parents (70+) to sideload something - not ever going to happen. And, I cant do it for them, because they live far far away.
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    12-01-13 01:36 PM