I have downloaded BeBuzz, HUB++ and Power Tools but I can't seem to find out the option to customize contacts to assign a special ringtone for when they call me. I have used the option within the OS but for some reason it keep deleting/erasing the particular contact I customize and then I have to do it over and over again. So I just want an app to customize a contact with a different ringtone for incoming calls. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    03-25-14 12:09 PM
    Customizing ringtones for incoming calls for each contact is not available yet for third party applications. At the moment, it is only available for sms and emails.

However, this functionality is available natively through BB10 itself. Just go to each contact in the contacts app and customize the ringtone....or swipe down quick settings, press notifications and below, you will find "contacts." you can customize from there.
    03-25-14 01:25 PM
    I do that but after a few hours the customization disappears it gets deleted/erased by itself and I have to keep doing it over and over

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:03 PM
    We are in the same boat then...i have posted about this issue several times, but i did not get any reply. Now I know that I'm not alone having this issue.

It does not matter what OS i use. This has been here since the last 3 OSes I used.- .1925, .2141, .2228.
    03-26-14 02:35 PM
    We are in the same boat then...i have posted about this issue several times, but i did not get any reply. Now I know that I'm not alone having this issue.

It does not matter what OS i use. This has been here since the last 3 OSes I used.- .1925, .2141, .2228.
    I'm on .2947 now, I'm gonna customize one and see If it stays. I'll let you know.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:00 AM
    It does this to me for my bbm contacts

Z10 leaked
    03-29-14 11:01 AM
    Customization is not working on. 2947 neither

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:26 AM
    I don't know if this will help but I have been able to customize my contacts and well I have found that depending on the sources... I noticed when I told my girlfriend to remove her phone numbers from facebook page (they were old anyway) they no longer overwrote her mobile number that I had stored on my bb10 device with FB linked......
    03-30-14 10:48 AM
    So I figured a way to customize contacts with ringtons and I has stayed customized for about two days now.
    -Copy all the tones you're going to use for your contacts to
    -chose the device instead of your memory card
    -then select the folder that says "misc"
    -then select the "android" folder
    -then select the "notification" folder and paste your ringtones there

So now go to settings, notification, contacts and select the contact you want to customize. From there go to the folder where you paste the ringtones.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 10:11 AM
    So I figured a way to customize contacts with ringtons and I has stayed customized for about two days now.

So now go to settings, notification, contacts and select the contact you want to customize. From there go to the folder where you paste the ringtones.

Posted via CB10
    Now that's crazy. They have to go in an android folder to stick. Are our phones more android that we know?
    04-04-14 10:16 AM
    Now that's crazy. They have to go in an android folder to stick. Are our phones more android that we know?
    I know right

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-04-14 02:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    This did not work for me....after customizing ringtones for about a dozen contacts using this method, the contacts that remain customized are just 4...who knows this will be reduced again tomorrow...
    04-08-14 11:12 PM
    I only wanted three contacts customised. Two of them work, and stay stored. However the third, which is only a single phone number (no social account attached, just a basic contact) never stays in the system. It always disappears after a short while.

Have not been able to get any other contacts to stay, only those first two.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    04-11-14 09:43 PM
    That usually is the case...One or two remains....I cannot understand why those contacts disappear. Nobody in this forum has explained the reason for this phenomenon....nor provided a lasting solution. Maybe it's time to reach out to BlackBerry directly.
    04-11-14 11:16 PM
    Same thing happened to me guys. The contacts I customized disappeared as well

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 11:43 PM