See below. Simple solution, just go to BlackBerry World and update, right? Problem is, there's no update available. I've refreshed, but honestly, I shouldn't even have to do that.

I consider this to be abusive towards customers, simply because nothing in the software license agreement mentions this would ever be done. I've checked the app permissions for Snap10, and none of them say anything about allowing Nemory to remotely disable the app.

I paid for Snap2Chat. I paid for Snap10. To not have the app I paid for usable when I want it is infuriating and unacceptable. I might also add, the Snap10 Free version says upgrading to Pro removes ads, but I'm still seeing screens talking about Twittly when I go through the Snap10 menu.

I've had enough bad experiences with Nemory that it's now high time to warn my fellow users. Don't do business with this individual if you expect anything resembling a typical app user experience.

Huge issue with Snap10 - buyer beware!-img_20150122_220349.png

Edit: I'll add this little ditty I dug up awhile ago in Snap10. Let's call it what it is: a threat. Give this app a good rating or you'll be blocked from using it. I've never encountered this kind of BS from any other developer anywhere, ever, and it's thoroughly unacceptable.

Huge issue with Snap10 - buyer beware!-snap.png
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CarbonKevin; 01-22-15 at 10:41 PM.
    kennybb likes this.
    01-22-15 10:29 PM
    Dude just ask for the proper bar file and the problem will be fixed

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 07:19 AM
    Oh man, thanks bro, why didn't I think of that sooner?

BECAUSE I SHOULDN'T BLOODY WELL HAVE TO, THAT'S WHY.

Name me one other app you've paid $4.99 for that suddenly stops working, so you have to contact the Dev to get a bar file that you then have to side load yourself.

Can't think of any? Exactly. No other Dev makes the user experience this painfully difficult.

Also, I suggest you learn how to read. If I want to use an app that I paid for, I want it right now, not after getting a new bar file from the dev and side loading it. Am I making myself more clear this time?

Posted via CB10
    kennybb likes this.
    01-23-15 07:26 AM
    Maybe he just released the update? How about deleting and reinstalling the app to see. Sometimes bbw takes time to roll out updates
    01-23-15 09:00 AM
    And I'm guessing because he gets a ton of people complaining daily about the bug he fixed in the update so he wants to make sure that it stops.
    01-23-15 09:01 AM
    Oliver clearly has the ability to access the app from the backend to display messages, so why not leave a message saying "this is a problem, there's an update fixing it on the way, no need to report it"

To your first post, it doesn't really make sense to break the app BEFORE the update goes live, does it? What if it's rejected by BlackBerry World?

Don't waste your time trying to troubleshoot the update issue - anything beyond the normal "Go into BB World, go to updates, hit update" is unacceptable.

I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to make an app I've paid for do what it's meant to do.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 09:07 AM
    Well the update must be live, but bbw doesn't roll it out to all users at once.
    I agree it's a bit ****ty that's how he decided to go about updating it but whatever man. Download the official snapchat and forget about it. If anything complain to snapchat for forcing you to use a workaround to use their ****ty service
    CarbonKevin likes this.
    01-23-15 12:22 PM
    Well the update must be live, but bbw doesn't roll it out to all users at once.
    I agree it's a bit ****ty that's how he decided to go about updating it but whatever man. Download the official snapchat and forget about it. If anything complain to snapchat for forcing you to use a workaround to use their ****ty service
    This isn't Snapchat's fault or problem. I've chosen to use Snap2Chat and paid money for the right to do so - I've chosen to support this developer. If I can't use it because of something the developer has done, the blame falls squarely on that person's shoulders, and that gives me every right to come here and warn other users of the perils of supporting that developer.

Posted via CB10
    kennybb likes this.
    01-23-15 01:27 PM
    I don't understand what the complaint is. Are you complaining about the bug, about the message the app is displaying or about the fact that you didn't get the update as was stated in the message?

I am not using the app so I have no knowledge of it, but is it not working for you at all at this moment (even if it has this bug)?
    01-23-15 01:41 PM
    This isn't Snapchat's fault or problem. I've chosen to use Snap2Chat and paid money for the right to do so - I've chosen to support this developer. If I can't use it because of something the developer has done, the blame falls squarely on that person's shoulders, and that gives me every right to come here and warn other users of the perils of supporting that developer.

Posted via CB10
    Well I never disagreed about that bug I just think it's not worth the hassle. Keep in mind he's the only one developer who has a working snapchat app
    CarbonKevin likes this.
    01-23-15 02:06 PM
    I don't understand what the complaint is. Are you complaining about the bug, about the message the app is displaying or about the fact that you didn't get the update as was stated in the message?

I am not using the app so I have no knowledge of it, but is it not working for you at all at this moment (even if it has this bug)?
    1. When the app loads, the screen I attached to my first message is displayed. It gives the options to "Cancel" or "OK"
    2. Hitting OK takes you to an "Announcements" page, which is essentially just an ad, something I paid 4.99 to not ever see in the Pro version.
    3. Hitting Close on the "Announcements page takes you back to the message dialog.
    4. Hitting Cancel on the message dialog takes you to the "Announcements" page.

I don't give a rip about the bug - I don't use the Stories feature so I've never encountered it. The problem is because one part of the app had a bug, Nemory decided to disable the entire app with this dialog box that you can't get away from.

Bottom line, the app has been completely broken - no part of it functions. Except, of course, the "Announcements" page, which I distinctly remember paying 4.99 to never have to see.
    01-23-15 04:19 PM
    It's clearly lazy and disrespectful. You are a software developer too if I can recall so your complaints make it even more true.

Posted via CB10
    CarbonKevin likes this.
    01-23-15 04:27 PM
    Well I never disagreed about that bug I just think it's not worth the hassle. Keep in mind he's the only one developer who has a working snapchat app
    For me, the "hassle" has been entire attributable to Nemory. I purchased this app in BlackBerry World, so I should be able to install and update it through BlackBerry World.

I had purchased Snap2Chat Pro, and was (according to Nemory) entitled to Snap10 Pro for free - provided I email him every time there's an update, then he sends me a link to download the bar file, then I sideload the bar file...that got old pretty quickly, so I decided buying the new app - Snap10 Pro at full price again would give me update access through BlackBerry World. 4.99 is the most I've ever paid for an app, it's a bit steep to be honest, but I decided my time was more valuable.

Not to be pedantic, but at the moment Nemory DOESN'T have a working snapchat app. Right now I've paid 4.99 for an icon on my home screen that doesn't do anything.

Yes, Nemory has had a working SnapChat app in the past, and will likely have one again in the future - ignoring the fact that he's completely AWOL, but he chose to build this app, market it, and take money for it - all of which bind him, if not contractually, then through honor, to provide the customer - me - with exactly what I paid for.

So now he gets as much bad PR as I can generate with this thread, since he doesn't seem to have a clue about how customers should be treated, and is more interested in promoting his latest apps, and spouting off about how great they are.
    01-23-15 04:28 PM
    1. When the app loads, the screen I attached to my first message is displayed. It gives the options to "Cancel" or "OK"
    2. Hitting OK takes you to an "Announcements" page, which is essentially just an ad, something I paid 4.99 to not ever see in the Pro version.
    3. Hitting Close on the "Announcements page takes you back to the message dialog.
    4. Hitting Cancel on the message dialog takes you to the "Announcements" page.

I don't give a rip about the bug - I don't use the Stories feature so I've never encountered it. The problem is because one part of the app had a bug, Nemory decided to disable the entire app with this dialog box that you can't get away from.

Bottom line, the app has been completely broken - no part of it functions. Except, of course, the "Announcements" page, which I distinctly remember paying 4.99 to never have to see.
    Thanks for clarifying the situation - you have every right to be upset.
    CarbonKevin likes this.
    01-23-15 04:42 PM
    Holy crap you paid 5$ for that app? That's the real scam here
    01-23-15 06:10 PM
    For me, the "hassle" has been entire attributable to Nemory. I purchased this app in BlackBerry World, so I should be able to install and update it through BlackBerry World.

I had purchased Snap2Chat Pro, and was (according to Nemory) entitled to Snap10 Pro for free - provided I email him every time there's an update, then he sends me a link to download the bar file, then I sideload the bar file...that got old pretty quickly, so I decided buying the new app - Snap10 Pro at full price again would give me update access through BlackBerry World. 4.99 is the most I've ever paid for an app, it's a bit steep to be honest, but I decided my time was more valuable.

Not to be pedantic, but at the moment Nemory DOESN'T have a working snapchat app. Right now I've paid 4.99 for an icon on my home screen that doesn't do anything.

Yes, Nemory has had a working SnapChat app in the past, and will likely have one again in the future - ignoring the fact that he's completely AWOL, but he chose to build this app, market it, and take money for it - all of which bind him, if not contractually, then through honor, to provide the customer - me - with exactly what I paid for.

So now he gets as much bad PR as I can generate with this thread, since he doesn't seem to have a clue about how customers should be treated, and is more interested in promoting his latest apps, and spouting off about how great they are.
    What you're conveniently leaving out is that most of what you're complaining about is beyond his control (like snap2chat pro being pulled by Snapchat, necessitating the need for snap10). But I won't get into that.

My advice: request a refund from nemory and be done with it.
    blackguy07 likes this.
    01-25-15 12:55 AM
    It's not just about this bug. The whole app is buggy and barely works. It freezes my phone when I open it I always have to restart when this happens. And last of all why should I update the app through my computer can't he just sandbox all his previous customers...

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:49 AM
    Such a whiny thread over five bucks. Get a refund and go smoke a joint or something. Yeesh.

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 and miker476 like this.
    01-25-15 09:16 AM
    Oliver clearly has the ability to access the app from the backend to display messages, so why not leave a message saying "this is a problem, there's an update fixing it on the way, no need to report it"

To your first post, it doesn't really make sense to break the app BEFORE the update goes live, does it? What if it's rejected by BlackBerry World?

Don't waste your time trying to troubleshoot the update issue - anything beyond the normal "Go into BB World, go to updates, hit update" is unacceptable.

I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to make an app I've paid for do what it's meant to do.

Posted via CB10
    You know why the update doesnt show? Because you're still using an old version. Delete app first and redownload and see. And you know why I have to block the old version? To block the complaining users about the issues and force them to upgrade to the fixed stories version.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-25-15 09:23 AM
    Regardless Nemory's attitude towards customers is atrocious.
    Maybe that's the norm in his culture.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:44 AM
    The original Snap10 was actually crap, but the bar file given in the Snap10 thread works perfect. Maybe thats the new and updated version.

Love the app.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    01-25-15 11:13 AM
    Regardless Nemory's attitude towards customers is atrocious.
    Maybe that's the norm in his culture.

Posted via CB10
    Those who have been in the forums for awhile know that is a totally unfair statement to make. Nemory is actually one of the most interactive bb10 devs, and has actually kept his work totally free to the cb community via a bar file one can easily sideload.

The early days of snap2chat saw some of the best action on these forums; a dev interacting with the community on a daily basis to shape an application that wasn't available to bb10.
    Then when enough ignorant people who don't realize that there are limitations to what nemory can do with unauthorized access to Snapchat api's, and some difficulties with Snapchat demanding takedown of the app, all hell breaks loose (over a time waster of an app that costs a few bucks! Seriously. Get out more).

I'm not saying nemory is perfect, or that certain things couldn't have been handled differently. But one can only have so much patience, before they start to bite back. I've seen it morph from one of the most positive cb experiences, to one of the most negative. I'm surprised nem even bothers to read these forums anymore, as most of what's posted in these forums is unproductive, baseless bashing by those who don't know what they're talking about.
    blackguy07, bungaboy, Uzi and 2 others like this.
    01-25-15 11:15 AM
    Edit: Misunderstood what was being said by masterscarhead1.
    Last edited by CarbonKevin; 01-26-15 at 03:07 PM.
    01-26-15 01:00 PM
    Yeah. I have had problems too. I side loaded but somehow it came out as the free version. Good to know there is an update to try now though.

That being said, customer service looks like it could be improved, but he probably doesn't even make minimum wage doing it after all the expenses for the app.

Posted via CB10
    CarbonKevin likes this.
    01-26-15 01:19 PM
    Yeah. I have had problems too. I side loaded but somehow it came out as the free version. Good to know there is an update to try now though.

That being said, customer service looks like it could be improved, but he probably doesn't even make minimum wage doing it after all the expenses for the app.

Posted via CB10
    Striving for a seamless customer experience should be the absolute goal - simple, clear instructions. Minimize the need for the customer to futz about. Minimal directions needing to be followed.

Each time that isn't achieved creates an opportunity for something else to go wrong - then the customer comes to you directly asking questions. Multiply that by the number of customers using that app, and you can very quickly be swamped providing free support for your app.

...It REALLY is a good idea to make the customer experience simple and easy.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 01:30 PM
91 123 ...