Hi All,

I'd like to announce my latest Application for BlackBerry 10 - Hue Companion.

Dedicated BBM Channel for more info: C0025E4A1

Own a set of Philips Hue lights? Good news, the first native app to support control of Philips Hue lights on BlackBerry 10 has now arrived!

With deep integration into the BlackBerry 10, you can now conveniently control your lights, and at last leverage the power of your BlackBerry 10 phone with them:

Easy guided configuration of your Hue lights and Bridge
    Full control over precise hue, saturation and brightness of each individual lamp
    Full control over precise hue, saturation and brightness of all lamps at once
    Save 'scenes' - your favourite combinations of lights set exactly as you want them!
    Administer your lights - change their names to suit their locations precisely
    Set Schedules to turn them on and off

But there is more:

Fully integrated into BlackBerry 10 Hub
    Make your lights Flash when you receive incoming bbm/sms/mms or email
    Fully BBM integrated app - make your friends aware of your new toys - share via BBM, Facebook,Twitter and LinkedIn
    Share your favourite 'scenes' via QR code with your friends via BBM or Email
    Scan in your friends 'scenes' via QR code to use their favourite lighting settings
    Advanced integration with a Pebble Smartwatch - set your lights on/off or activate a 'scene' all from your wrist (Talk2Watch Pro app required)
    Upfront active frame integration (requires 3rd party app Upfront)

NOTE - TO USE THIS PRODUCT YOU NEED TO OWN A SET OF PHILIPS HUE LIGHTS. This app is in no way associated with Philips.

Hue Companion - BlackBerry World

Available for (�2.00 GBP)

If you like this app, remember you can share socially with your friends, and QR codes allow you to share your favourite scenes - see pics below:

enjoy!Hue Companion - Native BB10 control of Philips Hue Lights-480x480.png
    Hue Companion - Native BB10 control of Philips Hue Lights-img_20140701_173849.png
    Hue Companion - Native BB10 control of Philips Hue Lights-qr.png
    07-02-14 12:02 PM
    A scene I put together for this weekend (4 lights, you can edit to add more if you need to), would love to see what else people can come up with
    Hue Companion - Native BB10 control of Philips Hue Lights-qr.png
    Hue Companion - Native BB10 control of Philips Hue Lights-american-flag.jpg
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    07-02-14 12:15 PM
    Thanks for this. I'd love to see other QR Codes get posted here too with people's presets they build themselves.

Also while I'm at it, a special thank you to you bizzyqu - when you first discussed building this app with me I had my doubts. But I'm glad you convinced me. Thanks to you, this app is where it is now, so for anyone who likes this, Bizzyqu deserves some thanks here too!

A scene I put together for this weekend (4 lights, you can edit to add more if you need to), would love to see what else people can come up with
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qr.png 
Views:	811 
Size:	1.4 KB 
ID:	282162
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	American-Flag.jpg 
Views:	809 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	282164
    07-02-14 12:25 PM
    Thanks very much for the help today Mr. Dev . Come on you experts...start sharing how to get the most out of these little lights ...please.

Eazzy Peazzy
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    07-06-14 12:36 AM
    Before I go investing in these rather expensive bulbs (even for LED bulbs, these are quite pricy!), how do you folks like them? How reliable have they been - duds? What do you use them for?

If they are in a lamp or overhead, you can turn them completely off but the switch must be left in the ON position? (well, obviously, they must remain on to some extent to react to signals)

May I ask in the FLAG "scene" above, what is the HUE aspect? Lighting the flag? Clearly, you'd need hundreds of bulbs to create a flag design???
    07-06-14 09:52 AM
    Before I go investing in these rather expensive bulbs (even for LED bulbs, these are quite pricy!), how do you folks like them? How reliable have they been - duds? What do you use them for?

If they are in a lamp or overhead, you can turn them completely off but the switch must be left in the ON position? (well, obviously, they must remain on to some extent to react to signals)

May I ask in the FLAG "scene" above, what is the HUE aspect? Lighting the flag? Clearly, you'd need hundreds of bulbs to create a flag design???
    I use the bulbs for different situations. When I wake up I like a sunrise type color of dim whites, oranges, and yellows. If I am doing work during the day I prefer a bright white. Towards the end of the day I put on a dusk scene with reds and oranges reminiscent of a sunset. Late at night there is a cool arctic scene we made in hue companion with blues and greens. When I go to bed there is a twilight scene with a very very dim blue/purple that I can set to turn off after a certain amount of time.

Yes you leave the switch on and turn them on and off with a tap on the app

The "scene" is just inspiration for the set of bulbs. Which are just red, white, and blue.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-06-14 11:40 AM
    I use the bulbs for different situations. When I wake up I like a sunrise type color of dim whites, oranges, and yellows. If I am doing work during the day I prefer a bright white. Towards the end of the day I put on a dusk scene with reds and oranges reminiscent of a sunset. Late at night there is a cool arctic scene we made in hue companion with blues and greens. When I go to bed there is a twilight scene with a very very dim blue/purple that I can set to turn off after a certain amount of time.

Yes you leave the switch on and turn them on and off with a tap on the app

The "scene" is just inspiration for the set of bulbs. Which are just red, white, and blue.
    For instance, do you do some of this with JUST ONE BULB in the bedroom or a few bulbs? One bulb changes through those spectrums? The controller (forgot what it's called) will change the colors in a progression automatically once saved? The z10 app (or other platforms) are no longer involved if you save a scene? But you can use the app for instant results or changes?

Sorry for the questions, but until this thread, I had not heard about these bulbs (although I have been somewhat into automation tech). When I did search I did see reference to some similar types of bulbs/controllers.

No shop seems to carry them locally - all online ordering.

Ah, great, one can order from Amazon and save a whole TWO CENTS!
    Last edited by F2; 07-06-14 at 12:08 PM.
    07-06-14 11:55 AM
    The theory goest that human mood is susceptible to many subtle influences - one such would be ambient lighting. Try it, warm tones in the room do lift your mood slightly.

How many lights you use is an invidivual choice. I have 3 lights in my living room and the effect is very pleasant. You can use just one if it gives you an effect that pleases you I guess.

In a scene, the bulbs stay lit in a consistent state, however you can put the bulbs in to a colour loop whereby they gently shift between the available hues. My app allows this, and will control the transition time between the colour shifts too if you wish that, but this doesn't allow for a time based scene that progresses yet. No reason why this can't be done though, just depends on feedback I receive.

You can control lights inviddually or all at once. Changes can be made instantaneously.

As for where to get them, in the UK I know apple held an exclusive, so a visit to your local apple store would pay off - I assume its similar in your country but I don't know for certain.

Join my channel if you like, keep up to date, ask questions in the chat and make an informed choice. Happy to help with that, even if it leads to the answer 'not for me'

For instance, do you do some of this with JUST ONE BULB in the bedroom or a few bulbs? One bulb changes through those spectrums? The controller (forgot what it's called) will change the colors in a progression automatically once saved? The z10 app (or other platforms) are no longer involved if you save a scene? But you can use the app for instant results or changes?

Sorry for the questions, but until this thread, I had not heard about these bulbs (although I have been somewhat into automation tech). When I did search I did see reference to some similar types of bulbs/controllers.

No shop seems to carry them locally - all online ordering.

Ah, great, one can order from Amazon and save a whole TWO CENTS!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-06-14 12:46 PM
    toddle:

Looks like you are right - the local Apple Store might actually stock them. And it looks like my router has one more hardware port available
    07-06-14 03:37 PM
    toddle:

Looks like you are right - the local Apple Store might actually stock them. And it looks like my router has one more hardware port available
    I bought at apple store because of their excellent return policy, wasn't sure if they were going to be worth it, once I had them all hooked up though, they were awesome.
    07-06-14 05:26 PM
    just a little update - Hue Companion is now Built for BlackBerry Certified!
    bizzyqu and FF22 like this.
    07-07-14 03:56 PM
    Congratulations on the certification.
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    07-07-14 07:24 PM
    thanks for making this app !
    12-26-14 04:07 PM
    I have one question: Is OSRAM LIGHTIFY Plug also working with Hue Companion? It works with philips hue and is just an on/off-adapter.

EDIT:
    ...I just bought a OSRAM LIGHTIFY Plug and a OSRAM Gateway, downloaded the Android-Version of the Osram Lightify app on my Q10 out of Cobalds version of the playstore - installed everything in my home network and it works without problems.
    Last edited by Jenserm; 10-20-16 at 01:36 AM.
    09-15-16 02:35 AM