I should have clarified, receipt domain. The domains I hold email accounts at.
    If it is in the "To" header of the e-mail, we are currently working on this. It should be available in the next update. You will be able to select where to look for the address (From, To, Cc)
    05-11-13 12:04 AM
    I have downloaded both apps, and I've been looking for a similar thread, so I'm glad you posted this!
    Currently I'm using BeBuzz, but I go back and forth between the two. I've been wrestling with this so I'll just post my +/- for each. I don't use toasts or previews, or custom vibrations, mostly its just LEDs and ringtones.
    Hub++
    Pros - Excellent dev support, very active on forums, quick to update, no charging for updates. I like the brushed dark grey/blue colour scheme used in the app. I love the colour choices and user defined option as well.
    Cons - It just feels confusing while adding rules. Sounds happen when I'm on silent, which is a dealbreaker at this point, I need it to be silent when that profile is chosen (I understand its the dang API's lol, what grief they've caused!). It seems a bit more buggy than BeBuzz for me. I have one contact with two separate issues - I choose green and it shows in the list as cyan. At one point in the process of creating the rules for this same contact, it always force closes the app on me. Rules show under phone numbers, not contact names, I don't know if there is a setting I can change for that but I don't have everyone's numbers memorized so I'd like to see names there instead. Also, when the app asks me to choose which phone number to text, I get a list of 6 of the same number sometimes - also probably due to BB10 "linking" contacts and not just merging all the info so there is only ONE number (separate rant).
    BeBuzz-
    Pros - I like that it shows the contacts as tiles with the colours selected in the corner. The overall UI seems easier to use. I use 2 colours for most of my contacts, so selection is quick. It does not ring while silent, which is the main reason I'm sticking with it for now.
    Cons - I have several blank icons for my contacts because the pic I use elsewhere on the phone is a social networking app pic (FB, whatever) and due to APIs apparently you need a local pic to work for BeBuzz contacts. The problem is, I cannot add a pic to a linked local contact, soI have to unlink the local and social network contacts, add a pic, relink them, and even then it still doesn't work for some. That bothers me aesthetically, besides being a nuisance (but the linking contacts vs just merging them thing is the bigger issue and not really related). There are lots of times that the notification keeps blinking even after I've read the message, gone into the Hub...seems glitchy. I don't find the colour choices that great, but I don't have a ton of contacts so it works for now. In the past I've paid through the nose for upgrades, Bellshare does have slick looking apps but their support isn't as quick, or as helpful.

TBH, again I realize its due to current APIs and I know BB is working hard to fix, but I really just miss AOSLED's level of simplicity of adding everything grouped under each contact, not creating separate rules for text, email, call. I miss BBM for separate contacts. And not only when locked. Figuring out which phone settings to turn on or off gets confusing. Both do the job, but both also feel like workarounds in progress. Kudos to both for the work they've put in. As far as going forward, I'm leaning towards HUB++, it has greater functionality and excellent support, I just need a few kinks worked out before I can commit to it fully. I apologize if that doesn't sound coherent but hope it helps!
    Last edited by bassicmama; 05-11-13 at 02:20 AM.
    05-11-13 02:02 AM
    I only have Be Buzz Pro but it is excellent no complaints.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-11-13 02:56 AM
    You can already do this in HUB++ by selecting 'To' address and 'Contains' options.
    I should have clarified, receipt domain. The domains I hold email accounts at.
    05-11-13 08:21 AM
    We would appreciate if you forward an email to support @ devcellent . com so that we can follow up with your issues.
    I have downloaded both apps, and I've been looking for a similar thread, so I'm glad you posted this!
    Currently I'm using BeBuzz, but I go back and forth between the two. I've been wrestling with this so I'll just post my +/- for each. I don't use toasts or previews, or custom vibrations, mostly its just LEDs and ringtones.
    Hub++
    Pros - Excellent dev support, very active on forums, quick to update, no charging for updates. I like the brushed dark grey/blue colour scheme used in the app. I love the colour choices and user defined option as well.
    Cons - It just feels confusing while adding rules. Sounds happen when I'm on silent, which is a dealbreaker at this point, I need it to be silent when that profile is chosen (I understand its the dang API's lol, what grief they've caused!). It seems a bit more buggy than BeBuzz for me. I have one contact with two separate issues - I choose green and it shows in the list as cyan. At one point in the process of creating the rules for this same contact, it always force closes the app on me. Rules show under phone numbers, not contact names, I don't know if there is a setting I can change for that but I don't have everyone's numbers memorized so I'd like to see names there instead. Also, when the app asks me to choose which phone number to text, I get a list of 6 of the same number sometimes - also probably due to BB10 "linking" contacts and not just merging all the info so there is only ONE number (separate rant).
    BeBuzz-
    Pros - I like that it shows the contacts as tiles with the colours selected in the corner. The overall UI seems easier to use. I use 2 colours for most of my contacts, so selection is quick. It does not ring while silent, which is the main reason I'm sticking with it for now.
    Cons - I have several blank icons for my contacts because the pic I use elsewhere on the phone is a social networking app pic (FB, whatever) and due to APIs apparently you need a local pic to work for BeBuzz contacts. The problem is, I cannot add a pic to a linked local contact, soI have to unlink the local and social network contacts, add a pic, relink them, and even then it still doesn't work for some. That bothers me aesthetically, besides being a nuisance (but the linking contacts vs just merging them thing is the bigger issue and not really related). There are lots of times that the notification keeps blinking even after I've read the message, gone into the Hub...seems glitchy. I don't find the colour choices that great, but I don't have a ton of contacts so it works for now. In the past I've paid through the nose for upgrades, Bellshare does have slick looking apps but their support isn't as quick, or as helpful.

TBH, again I realize its due to current APIs and I know BB is working hard to fix, but I really just miss AOSLED's level of simplicity of adding everything grouped under each contact, not creating separate rules for text, email, call. I miss BBM for separate contacts. And not only when locked. Figuring out which phone settings to turn on or off gets confusing. Both do the job, but both also feel like workarounds in progress. Kudos to both for the work they've put in. As far as going forward, I'm leaning towards HUB++, it has greater functionality and excellent support, I just need a few kinks worked out before I can commit to it fully. I apologize if that doesn't sound coherent but hope it helps!
    05-11-13 08:23 AM
    Sweet! Thanks!

You can already do this in HUB++ by selecting 'To' address and 'Contains' options.
    05-11-13 05:50 PM
    does hub ++ do the text to speech for incoming messages? I found that invaluable on my old lumia 800 - if hub++ does this I'd lean towards it for sure
    05-11-13 06:21 PM
    Could anyone tell me if Hub++ supports Google talk? TIA

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 12:26 PM
    I am mostly interested in cutomizing vibrations. I used to use 'short' (OS 6) and I am absolutley not satisfied with the standard vibration mode on Z10 as it's long when sitting in meetings etc. and receiving a bunch of emails. Which app is better for this BeBuzz or Hub++ ?? Or in general does anyone know if Blackberry will fix this with a coming 10xx update??
    07-14-13 06:08 AM
    I am mostly interested in cutomizing vibrations. I used to use 'short' (OS 6) and I am absolutley not satisfied with the standard vibration mode on Z10 as it's long when sitting in meetings etc. and receiving a bunch of emails. Which app is better for this BeBuzz or Hub++ ?? Or in general does anyone know if Blackberry will fix this with a coming 10xx update??
    Available vibration settings in BeBuzz 10 are:

Vibrate count: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 times
    Vibrate length: Very short, Short, Medium, Long, Very Long
    07-14-13 01:52 PM
    I still have battery drain when using BeBuzz Pro. No problems when Hub++ is running...

Posted via CB10 with my great Q10
    devcellent likes this.
    07-14-13 02:06 PM
    @reneSc does HUB++ support 'Vibration' settings like very short, short etc. (similar to old BB OS), too?
    07-14-13 02:23 PM
    I'm gonna have to read this from the top. I need one of these. I miss AOSLED.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 03:17 PM
    @reneSc does HUB++ support 'Vibration' settings like very short, short etc. (similar to old BB OS), too?
    No it does not, maybe this will be in a future update. At this point it Is only possible to turn vibration on or off.

07-15-13 01:13 AM
    I have both and Bebuzz wins out because of consistent vibe and whatsapp is supported.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 03:05 AM
    No it does not, maybe this will be in a future update. At this point it Is only possible to turn vibration on or off.

In fact HUB++ does support different vibrations - XXShort, XShort, Short, Medium, Long, XLong, XXLong and it also vibrates as your selected LED Pattern.
    07-15-13 09:32 AM
    whats app is not supported by HUB++ ?? Too bad.
    07-15-13 12:01 PM
    That killed HUB++ for me just now....I was on the fence...Im going to wait a little longer and see if the devs who seem to be listening get this working
    07-15-13 01:22 PM
    Ok. I made a choice and got BeBuzz.

@Pfluger,
    why is there no vibrate pattern to set for 'incoming calls'?
    Can you add this please?
    07-16-13 11:50 AM
    That killed HUB++ for me just now....I was on the fence...Im going to wait a little longer and see if the devs who seem to be listening get this working
    Why not ask the developer for a part payment of this huge ammount?

OMG!!! This app costs less than 3 bucks
    Sorry, but if this is BBRY's loyale costumer base, then they will never manage to beat it's competitors. Not even close
    Dave XII likes this.
    07-16-13 11:53 AM
    OMG!!! This app costs less than 3 bucks
    Sorry, but if this is BBRY's loyale costumer base, then they will never manage to beat it's competitors. Not even close
    very true, people tend to forget...
    07-16-13 12:24 PM
    Supports for WhatsApp and Skype would be available in HUB++ very soon. The features are currently being tested. It also includes refreshing and convenient UI flow. Thanks for your patience.
    07-24-13 09:44 AM
    ...cool!

Posted via CB10
    devcellent likes this.
    07-24-13 10:27 AM
    I was leaning towards BeBuzz Pro but went with Hub++, and I'm glad I did. It works fantastically, and Devcellent responded in hours to my questions. The developer for BeBuzz Pro, Bellshare, has yet to acknowledge the ticket I submitted with them a week ago.
    devcellent likes this.
    07-25-13 07:24 AM
    I don't care for BeBuzz's tech support either. The main reason I got the app was for the text to speech for incoming messages and I have never gotten it to work. I was directed to forums for getting my answers / providing more input (by BeBuzz support) and that didn't work out to make a long story short - still in the dark on my issues. I grew accustomed to the LED and sound notifications I set up (when they worked anyway) so, I stuck with BeBuzz anyway (hell, I paid for it). After HUB++ last update was posted in a recent CB article, I decided to give them a try and I have since deleted BeBuzz. BeBuzz didn't always work as far as my LED and sound going off. HUB, so far, has a tendency to keep flashing the LED and/or not let me interrupt the sound after I have gone into the message but, it's not bad and is at least consistent. I rather it keep going and run its course than not go off at all. I'm trying to determine patterns for my issues so I can give the developer(s) clearer feedback. I haven't tried to use all of the features yet either but, I am definitely having a much better experience with HUB++ than BeBuzz so far.

Posted via CB10
    devcellent likes this.
    07-30-13 08:02 AM
135 ... 3456