latest update of Hub++ made it a must have app for me...it's also a battery level indicator....when minimized....it's the only frame i have open....works flawlessly...
    devcellent likes this.
    04-12-13 01:39 PM
    Mind you.... I'm not too pleased with the customer support of Bellshare with respect to their Be Weather app for OS7.... dont know if I want to support another one of their apps..
    what are you talking about....support..bellshare..what...
    there is no word like "support" in the dictionary of bellshare. they should be in the blacklist of crackberry.
    04-12-13 02:12 PM
    what are you talking about....support..bellshare..what...
    there is no word like "support" in the dictionary of bellshare. they should be in the blacklist of crackberry.
    All I know is that I've sent at least six inquires to Bellshare, with no response at all. I was kinda shocked, they use to be a lot better. Anyway, I sent an inquiry to devcellent and they responded within a couple hours. Needless to say, the Hub++ people will get my $2.99. I mean $2.99 aint much, but in the words of Uncle Si "hey....."
    bobauckland and devcellent like this.
    04-12-13 04:41 PM
    I have be buzz right now but I've yet to understand how their support system works. I've emailed them like 3 or 4 times and nothing.

Personally I like the bare bones interface of be buzz and it also has some key features which isn't available yet on hub +. (sleep mode coverage indicator reminder tones)

Once headless apps comes out ill be buying hub + so I can decide once and for all. I have a feeling be buzz will be charging for headless api support.

Posted via CB10 STL-100-1 Globe PH
    04-12-13 05:08 PM
    Unless there's been a major change Bellshare's customer service is as follows:
    You send them a support request.
    They shred it.

Just imagine when new APIs are released, who do you think will be offering up whatever they can first? Who do you think will be more reachable? Devcellent all the way, I bought a lot of Bellshare apps on legacy, BeReader still has a special place for me, but you have to accept their support is just awful, and they don't seem the least bit bothered.
    04-12-13 05:15 PM
    Unless there's been a major change Bellshare's customer service is as follows:
    You send them a support request.
    They shred it.

Just imagine when new APIs are released, who do you think will be offering up whatever they can first? Who do you think will be more reachable? Devcellent all the way, I bought a lot of Bellshare apps on legacy, BeReader still has a special place for me, but you have to accept their support is just awful, and they don't seem the least bit bothered.
    Well for now it seems be buzz offers that slight bit of an advantage. But in the long run its looking like ill be switching to hub + after awhile. Headless api support will be a deal breaker. So whoever implements this first will get my cash. Lol.

Posted via CB10 STL-100-1 Globe PH
    04-12-13 06:19 PM
    The new update has ruined BBM notifications.

So I don't get them if in have the phone unlocked (using this app for example) or I have to endure extra notifications to say I've sent it.

Missing notifications now and ghost notifications.

Can't turn off BBM notifications in hub++ because hub++ is overiding system notifications for BBM.

This is terrible.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 07:30 PM
    Hi,
    BBM notifications work when phone is locked only. This is a limitation for every app out there that are similar to hub++. However, we gave you an option to notify when device is unlocked as well but that comes with a caveat - sent messages will also trigger notifications.

TO answer your second question, HUB++ cannot override system notifications. If you have both HUB++ and System notification set for the same thing (e.g. bbm), system and hub++ will compete to notify you but that will be a mess. So it is strongly recommended that you turn off the system notifications for the things you have set with HUB++. For example, if you have set BBM LED notifications in HUB++, you should turn off BBM LED in system settings.
    The new update has ruined BBM notifications.

So I don't get them if in have the phone unlocked (using this app for example) or I have to endure extra notifications to say I've sent it.

Missing notifications now and ghost notifications.

Can't turn off BBM notifications in hub++ because hub++ is overiding system notifications for BBM.

This is terrible.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-12-13 09:05 PM
    I have Hub ++. I bought it early on, and didn't like the idea of having to keep it running, so didn't use it for the first couple weeks. But thanks to the info on the Hub++ thread, I started to us it. I like the battery monitoring..Great idea.

I also notice the tones that I custom select for contacts is inconsistent..sometimes it plays the custom tone,other times the standard text tone..

Thanks to the Dev. For the constant information and updates to the app.. The information provided on this Site helped me to setup and use Hub++, I'm sure it has for others too..
    04-12-13 09:45 PM
    If it is playing the system tone at times, that means you did not disable system tone for that type of message. And hence HUB++ and the system are competing with each other to play their tone.

Thanks for using HUB++. Our customers define our business.

I have Hub ++. I bought it early on, and didn't like the idea of having to keep it running, so didn't use it for the first couple weeks. But thanks to the info on the Hub++ thread, I started to us it. I like the battery monitoring..Great idea.

I also notice the tones that I custom select for contacts is inconsistent..sometimes it plays the custom tone,other times the standard text tone..

Thanks to the Dev. For the constant information and updates to the app.. The information provided on this Site helped me to setup and use Hub++, I'm sure it has for others too..
    04-12-13 11:10 PM
    Why do you have it giving notification when I send a message? I want the notification even if my phone is active but don't want to buzz after my sent messages.

Have you had a conversation with someone on BBM with this feature on? It's super annoying.

Please fix this asap

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 06:36 AM
    Why do you have it giving notification when I send a message? I want the notification even if my phone is active but don't want to buzz after my sent messages.

Have you had a conversation with someone on BBM with this feature on? It's super annoying.

Please fix this asap

Posted via CB10
    Did you read his post?? He said that unfortunately this is the way it has to be because as of yet, certain api's have not been made available to the developers. Once they have those api's then they will update the app.

Now you can turn those bbm notifications off but you lose the ability to get bbm led notifications. So don't be blaming the dev for what he has given us, blame blackberry for not making certain api's available to the devs. At least this dev is trying to give us what we all want.

You could try bebuzz pro but you will only get bbm led notifications if the device is locked. If it isn't then you won't get anything.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 06:54 AM
    So what you're basically saying is that these apps are just poor.

Fair enough. The BlackBerry z10 is a fairly poor phone in general as well so it makes sense that most of the apps available for it aren't very good either.

I doubt BlackBerry will be retaining many users once all the new phones are out. I already know I'll be switching away again once my year is up

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 07:46 AM

Fair enough. The BlackBerry z10 is a fairly poor phone in general as well so it makes sense that most of the apps available for it aren't very good either.

I doubt BlackBerry will be retaining many users once all the new phones are out. I already know I'll be switching away again once my year is up

Posted via CB10
    I can see why you feel this way but I think the devs or at least one dev have shown a lot of commitment. You get a very personal interaction with them here that isn't always possible on some other platforms.
    I think as apis are released things will get better, I hate when people say something has potential but I have to say I think there's a lot of potential here for things to get a lot better.
    It's a shame things weren't a bit more polished prior to release.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 08:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope not saying that in the slightest so please do not put words into my mouth. At the moment both apps do what they can do and kudos to both devs for giving us at least another option to customise our z10s. If anyone is to blame it is blackberry for not making certain api's available from the word go but they will be coming soon.

If you feel that the platform is weak then by all means you are entitled to feel that way and can either stay or leave for another platform that you feel may be better for you.

I've used both apps and they both do what they say but they both come with caveats ie bbm notifications and leds will only come through if the device is locked. Sadly until further api's are released that's the best we are going to get.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 11:52 AM
    If it is playing the system tone at times, that means you did not disable system tone for that type of message. And hence HUB++ and the system are competing with each other to play their tone.

Thanks for using HUB++. Our customers define our business.
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong.. I have device tones off for text notification. I setup text sms/mms account on Hub++. With a tone. I have used filters to set text sms tones for certain numbers..those ringtones work for a bit. Then it's just the notification I setup on accounts...I did move the ringtones from sdcard to the device. To see if this fixes it..

Thanks again! Great app. I'm grateful to those developers who are working with BB.
    04-13-13 12:27 PM
    See if turning off notification sounds/led/vibrate for HUB++ in system settings help. You can do this in settings>notifications>other applications>hub++.

Thank you.
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong.. I have device tones off for text notification. I setup text sms/mms account on Hub++. With a tone. I have used filters to set text sms tones for certain numbers..those ringtones work for a bit. Then it's just the notification I setup on accounts...I did move the ringtones from sdcard to the device. To see if this fixes it..

Thanks again! Great app. I'm grateful to those developers who are working with BB.
    04-13-13 05:27 PM
    I just thought I'd put my plug in for Hub ++. It is easier to customize just the way that I want. And it looks better sitting on the face page. And lets face it, we want our face page to look good to show off to friends.

Hub ++ has the option to create your own colors And you can also selct at what rate you want the led to blink. BeBuzz has neither of these options.

To recap, Hub++ looks better, is more customizeable, is easier to use and just plain works better. I give them a full 5 stars!
    And... you can't beat their awesome customer service. In this case, the nice guy finishes first!
    wrusprod and devcellent like this.
    04-13-13 05:52 PM
    I just thought I'd put my plug in for Hub ++. It is easier to customize just the way that I want. And it looks better sitting on the face page. And lets face it, we want our face page to look good to show off to friends.

Hub ++ has the option to create your own colors And you can also selct at what rate you want the led to blink. BeBuzz has neither of these options.

To recap, Hub++ looks better, is more customizeable, is easier to use and just plain works better. I give them a full 5 stars!
    And... you can't beat their awesome customer service. In this case, the nice guy finishes first!
    Agreed, I'm just waiting for the dev to put the green service led into the app and then I am truly fixed for this app. Hopefully it won't be too long before the dev does so. Other than that can't fault the app at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 07:21 PM
    See if turning off notification sounds/led/vibrate for HUB++ in system settings help. You can do this in settings>notifications>other applications>hub++.

Thank you.
    Thanks! I set this up. We will see how it goes.
    04-13-13 09:46 PM
    It would be awesome if BlackBerry did all this led stuff in os 10.1 update and thousands wasted their money on these programs.

I don't have either nor will I have either until I see if an os update utilizes these led notifications.

Yeah sure a few bucks ppl can have now, but I not like the fact of having it open all the time and yes that's BlackBerry fault for not releasing the api's as of yet, but will soon enough, but again I hope OS update does it.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-13-13 10:58 PM
    BeBuzz allows you to set the rate you want the led to blink. It will also give you the option to switch to a slower blinking interval after a couple of minutes to save battery.
    04-13-13 11:47 PM
    It would be awesome if BlackBerry did all this led stuff in os 10.1 update and thousands wasted their money on these programs.

I don't have either nor will I have either until I see if an os update utilizes these led notifications.

Yeah sure a few bucks ppl can have now, but I not like the fact of having it open all the time and yes that's BlackBerry fault for not releasing the api's as of yet, but will soon enough, but again I hope OS update does it.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    LOL thats where you are wrong, ive never seen Blackberry allow end users to adjust the led colours etc like bebuzz or hub++ does. They have never ever given us that option natively, its always been a red led and thats it. So highly and i mean highly unlikely that BB will put these options in 10.1 ...they just wont do it as they know there are devs that will develop apps for people to change their led colours. We should be thankful that BB have kept the led in their devices as they could have easily done away with that.

So unless you like the standard red led blinking then theres no point in buying these apps but if you want different led colours for email, texts, bbm and other things then $2 or so is hardly going to break the bank. Once the headless api's are released then these apps will be much better than they are now.
    04-14-13 06:08 AM
    Ok, I downloaded Hub++ before Bebuz arrived & it was good. BUT as soon as Bebuz arrived Im afraid it got primary status.
    Its a girl thing i suspect having coloured LED's.
    So wha,t its cool.
    pfluger likes this.
    04-14-13 06:12 AM
    Ok, I downloaded Hub++ before Bebuz arrived & it was good. BUT as soon as Bebuz arrived Im afraid it got primary status.
    Its a girl thing i suspect having coloured LED's.
    So wha,t its cool.
    Hub++ also has coloured leds as well and you can actually make your own colours, which bebuzz doesnt do at the moment.
    wrusprod, devcellent and Clinto like this.
    04-14-13 06:45 AM
135 12345 ...