Like Hub ++ feature and battery monitor is cool. Looking forward for future updating. Need BBM led light extended beyond 15 to 20 minutes after blink has stop blinking. Txt msg and email Led blinking is true awesome but not BBM quite disappoint a bit.
    04-10-13 05:20 PM
    I havent tried Hub++ but I've just tried BeBuzz Pro and I have to say that I find there are some lacks.

- No BBM single contact support, so if you get a BBM from a contact you have alredy set notifications for, you wont get any notifications and, if I rember well, maybe you device won't vibrate either

- No Whatsapp support at all

BeBuzz offers the opportunity to set notifications for some apps: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. But what about all the other apps? Do I have to keep their notifications set thru my BlackBerry in order to see any blinkings or vibrates? That's annoying: if I can set notifications for some apps, I better could set them for ALL the apps, not just for some. Or setting my BB notifications is just gonna become a pain.
    04-11-13 04:46 AM
    Vote for hub++

Great support from the dev..

Posted via CB10
    jeur likes this.
    04-11-13 04:57 AM
    At the moment I have both and I'm using bebuzz pro as it has the green service led indicator baked into the app itself. But it has a few major bugs ie my missed call led indicator does not work amongst other bugs.
    I actually prefer hub++ over bebuzz but until the dev adds the green service led, I'll have to use bebuzz for time being. Altho I have spoken to the dev and he has said it's coming so am waiting for it to be put in then ill be dumping bebuzz pro as the support from Devcellent is brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-11-13 07:16 AM
    I have both apps, and currently due to the limitations set by Blackberry, they are very similar.

Both offer a very similar experience but currently it seems that BeBuzz offers more with LED notifications. They have figured out how to have BBM LED change when the screen is in lock mode only, and have isolated Twitter and Facebook to have their own LEDs whereas Hub++ lumps Facebook and Twitter (and work emails) together.
    Can you confirm that BeBuzz allows for unique LED for work email accounts? I'm a fan of Hub++, but really dislike that work accounts are grouped with Facebook (and was told that this is an BB limitation). Very curious to know if BeBuzz has those separate!

Thanks
    04-11-13 09:59 AM
    We believe we have solution to separate Facebook and Twitter notifications. Hopefully, we will have it soon in HUB++. Thanks for your patience. Just so you know, we are constantly looking for ways to enhance HUB++ experience.
    Can you confirm that BeBuzz allows for unique LED for work email accounts? I'm a fan of Hub++, but really dislike that work accounts are grouped with Facebook (and was told that this is an BB limitation). Very curious to know if BeBuzz has those separate!

Thanks
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-11-13 10:22 AM
    We believe we have solution to separate Facebook and Twitter notifications. Hopefully, we will have it soon in HUB++. Thanks for your patience. Just so you know, we are constantly looking for ways to enhance HUB++ experience.
    Thanks!
    Having a unique led for my work account is my #1 request

Will keep an eye for your next update.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:28 AM
    This has been a helpful thread. I've been using BeBuzz for a few years now, and was glad to see it arrive on BB10. I'm not familiar with HUB++, but now I think it deserves a serious look.
    devcellent likes this.
    04-11-13 10:37 AM
    I have actually purchased both, and I believe both have bugs that need to be fixed. Could be the OS architecture, with the API situation and the "headless" problems, I don't know. But both apps have a mind of their own. I have prepared each as instructed, shutting off all device sounds. I leave one (or the other) open as instructed. I then set each one, and test each one seperately. The issues are similar- sometimes they will ring but not vibrate. Other times, vibrate but not ring. Often, they will play device tones "on top of" the chosen tone in the program. Sometimes, the open tile will simply disappear after sitting in the holster for a while. Of course, when this happens I get NO indication by sound, vibration, OR LED. This is not good for my business. If I don't get the messages on a timely basis, my competitors get the sale........
    To be useful, these issues must be attended to. As early adopters, it's kind of as if we are testing these products for the developers. Doesn't make me happy that I paid for them.

Gary
    Last edited by garpt; 04-11-13 at 12:10 PM.
    RichardAitch likes this.
    04-11-13 11:34 AM
    You can also try 'Who Is It' which is free. Gives six colors to use for either contacts or accounts (email / sms). It needs to stay ope but at least it shows nice battery info.
    04-11-13 11:59 AM
    You can also try 'Who Is It' which is free. Gives six colors to use for either contacts or accounts (email / sms). It needs to stay ope but at least it shows nice battery info.
    Hi Steven,
    I can't find that one anywhere. Could you tell me where to find the app?
    Thanks.
    Gary
    04-11-13 12:13 PM
    Nevermind. Found it in BBW.
    Thanks.
    04-11-13 12:15 PM
    Hi Steven,
    I can't find that one anywhere. Could you tell me where to find the app?
    Thanks.
    Gary
    Here it is : BlackBerry World - Who Is It- LED Color Light Alerts for Contacts
    04-11-13 12:25 PM
    In couple of cases, we have identified that it had to do with device reboot. I guess your case is different. We would like to hear from more users if they are also having the same issue, thus we can find exactly what could be causing that. We understand your frustration, hopefully more users will come forward, and we can find the root cause. We advise that as an interim solution, you use one system notification mechanism from tone/vibrate/LED as opposed to all 3 through HUB++. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have actually purchased both, and I believe both have bugs that need to be fixed. Could be the OS architecture, with the API situation and the "headless" problems, I don't know. But both apps have a mind of their own. I have prepared each as instructed, shutting off all device sounds. I leave one (or the other) open as instructed. I then set each one, and test each one seperately. The issues are similar- sometimes they will ring but not vibrate. Other times, vibrate but not ring. Often, they will play device tones "on top of" the chosen tone in the program. Sometimes, the open tile will simply disappear after sitting in the holster for a while. Of course, when this happens I get NO indication by sound, vibration, OR LED. This is not good for my business. If I don't get the messages on a timely basis, my competitors get the sale........
    To be useful, these issues must be attended to. As early adopters, it's kind of as if we are testing these products for the developers. Doesn't make me happy that I paid for them.

Gary
    04-11-13 12:31 PM
    I'd stay away from any apps by The Jared Company.
    In the past i've had issues with them spamming me after installs and reading my contacts.
    DLed 'Who Is It' and it asks for a crazy amount of permissions - so doesn't seem like they've changes their practices...

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne...r-apps-569582/

Edit: They are also lying bullies: http://www.berryreview.com/2010/02/2...lashlight-app/
    bobauckland likes this.
    04-11-13 12:32 PM
    Does HUB++ recognize the device profile that is set? I just installed it and I'm trying it out. I have all of the system notifications turned off, and when using the 'Normal' profile, I get the LED and Tone notification I want for a new text. But when I switch to the Silent or Vibrate Only profile, I still the LED notification, but I still the Tone, too. If I can't go silent, that's a deal breaker. FYI, I did restart after installation.
    04-11-13 06:06 PM
    Does HUB++ recognize the device profile that is set? I just installed it and I'm trying it out. I have all of the system notifications turned off, and when using the 'Normal' profile, I get the LED and Tone notification I want for a new text. But when I switch to the Silent or Vibrate Only profile, I still the LED notification, but I still the Tone, too. If I can't go silent, that's a deal breaker. FYI, I did restart after installation.
    I don't believe the APIs to recognize the device profile exist yet. But there's a very simple On/Off button on the main page of Hub++.
    bbboldy14 likes this.
    04-11-13 06:10 PM
    I don't believe the APIs to recognize the device profile exist yet. But there's a very simple On/Off button on the main page of Hub++.
    I considered the API issue, but I also have BeBuzz installed, and it does go silent when that profile is active. As for turning HUB++ off, I still want the LED notification. I just want it to be quiet while I'm in the office.
    04-11-13 06:20 PM
    We have added a feature to conveniently turn-off both sound/vibrate or only sound. It should be available in upcoming release. We will also look into checking the device profile.
    I considered the API issue, but I also have BeBuzz installed, and it does go silent when that profile is active. As for turning HUB++ off, I still want the LED notification. I just want it to be quiet while I'm in the office.
    MondoB likes this.
    04-11-13 07:08 PM
    I've purchased both apps. Both apps are good and I expect they will get even better with future updates.

The issue I have is that Bebuzz Pro supports Gtalk, but Hub++ does not.

On the flip side, Hub++ supports my work (BES) email, while Bebuzz Pro does not.

Hopefully, one or both will soon support both Gtalk and BES email. If they already do, and I'm just missing something, please let me know.
    04-11-13 07:19 PM
    Neither work well. I've had both. Getting the sounds, vibrations and popups to work consistently requires you to set up BeBuzz to give you a pop up, but standard BB10 vibrate and led. Otherwise, it just wasn't working on my phone. 5/10 for BeBuzz, 4.5/10 for Hub++. This app idea should be stock in BB10, imo. Popups are essential and not something I want to pay for to have.
    04-11-13 09:11 PM
    Twitter Facebook work email and BBM done and submitted for approval on appworld. Not sure why approval takes so long.

Remember, this update also includes per contact phone and BBM call notifications as well as notifications for all phone calls. Hub++ is the only app that has full support for phone calls.

Next up are Google talk, yahoo messenger and other rim built IM clients.. Should be in their in a few days..
    sushistew and CDM76 like this.
    04-11-13 10:06 PM
    Please update to the latest version. It has plenty of new features. Future update would have Google talk, yahoo messenger and other rim built IM clients.
    New In the Release - 3.0.7:
    * BBM Notifications
    * Separate alerts for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Work Email
    * LED alerts for Phone/BBM calls
    * Per contact LED alerts for missed BBM and Phone calls
    * Vibrate on BBM/Phone call connect and disconnect
    * Support for the upcoming BlackBerry Q10

I've purchased both apps. Both apps are good and I expect they will get even better with future updates.

The issue I have is that Bebuzz Pro supports Gtalk, but Hub++ does not.

On the flip side, Hub++ supports my work (BES) email, while Bebuzz Pro does not.

Hopefully, one or both will soon support both Gtalk and BES email. If they already do, and I'm just missing something, please let me know.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-12-13 12:29 PM
    The on and off button does not even work so what is the point

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:36 PM
    We have identified a bug. It should be fixed in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    The on and off button does not even work so what is the point

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 01:36 PM
135 1234 ...